Aerocool Masstige... thoughts?

RomanMtz

Gawd
Joined
Nov 3, 2004
Messages
524
I'm interrested in this case as well... could someone that owns it tell us their opinion of it?
 

Erasmus354

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Mar 12, 2004
Messages
9,450
small fans = too noisy, especially with three of them on the side panel

aerocool logo on the top is invasive and annoying

not much a fan of the HD locations, and installing the psu looks like it could be a pain.

Overall I am not very impressed with this case at all...seems like a cheap immitation of the stacker which they tried to make original with a few novel ideas which I personally dont think are good at all.
 

Shorehn

Gawd
Joined
Sep 28, 2005
Messages
715
It looks to me like a more budget-oriented version of the Stacker. It doesn't have all that and a bag of chips, but it's definitely got enough to justify its price tag. Aside from the case making use of smaller fans and having the power buttons and such placed on the very bottom I think it's a great idea if you like the idea of having a case like the Stacker but don't want to pay the price premium.
 

RomanMtz

Gawd
Joined
Nov 3, 2004
Messages
524
Can the three fans on the side panel be removed to reduce noise and the HD's be installed in the 5 1/2 drive bay spaces? You can install additional 120 mm fans on the front of the case as well can't you? I can live with the invasive logo and the power button... and I like that the psu is on the bottom... although I dunno if i'd have trouble installing my Powerstream in there... any other opinons?
 

N H O

2[H]4U
Joined
Nov 10, 2004
Messages
3,732
Erasmus354 said:
small fans = too noisy, especially with three of them on the side panel

aerocool logo on the top is invasive and annoying

not much a fan of the HD locations, and installing the psu looks like it could be a pain.

Overall I am not very impressed with this case at all...seems like a cheap immitation of the stacker which they tried to make original with a few novel ideas which I personally dont think are good at all.
damn dont gotta hate that much on it.....why not juss look on the good side? it has room ;)
 
Joined
Mar 17, 2005
Messages
2,054
N H O said:
damn dont gotta hate that much on it.....why not juss look on the good side? it has room ;)
lol, wish xoxide would hurry up and send me my pratorian case :( their shipping is awefull

5-7 days but takes them 2 days to get it the fark out! :(

soulsaver
 

domoMKIV

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
2,008
not too bad of a case at all, looks pretty nice. fit and finish are another story though, in comparison anyway.
Factor in shipping and its not MUCH cheaper than the stacker ($160 shipped on amazon).
 

N H O

2[H]4U
Joined
Nov 10, 2004
Messages
3,732
soulsaver_8229 said:
lol, wish xoxide would hurry up and send me my pratorian case :( their shipping is awefull

5-7 days but takes them 2 days to get it the fark out! :(

soulsaver
whyd you order from xoxide?
 

RomanMtz

Gawd
Joined
Nov 3, 2004
Messages
524
RomanMtz said:
Can the three fans on the side panel be removed to reduce noise and the HD's be installed in the 5 1/2 drive bay spaces? You can install additional 120 mm fans on the front of the case as well can't you? I can live with the invasive logo and the power button... and I like that the psu is on the bottom... although I dunno if i'd have trouble installing my Powerstream in there... any other opinons?

Does anyone have answers to these questions by any chance? Also, would you get the masstige or the thermaltake armor? I like the armor's aesthetics but it's a little overpriced...
 

zyklon

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 3, 2005
Messages
151
yeah, the whole 3 fans holder can be taken out. or you could just cut out a bigger window in the side. with low rpm the fans will run silent and still push more air than a single fan though. the logo can maybe be taken off too?
 
Joined
Oct 2, 2003
Messages
2,173
It doesn't look bad at all, especially at the price. You can always lower the voltage to the side fans so they are quieter, but in the review they said the fans were quiet anyway. I personally like the idea of 3 80mm fans as intake on the window. They do a good job to make it stylish to boot.

Yeah, it looks a lot like the stacker, but in some respects I prefer this to the stacker (by looking at it, I have not dealt with either cases in person).

I don't like the huge "Aerocool" letters at the top though :(.
 
Joined
Mar 17, 2005
Messages
2,054
N H O said:
whyd you order from xoxide?
my friends suppiler didnt have it :p

doesnt carry coolermaster oddly.......so next step was xoxide :p

will be in around fridayish, so week or so


soulsaver
 

incomudro

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 30, 2004
Messages
1,531
It look so much like a coolermaster CMstacker its not even funny. But its different in its own way i guess.
 

N H O

2[H]4U
Joined
Nov 10, 2004
Messages
3,732
soulsaver_8229 said:
my friends suppiler didnt have it :p

doesnt carry coolermaster oddly.......so next step was xoxide :p

will be in around fridayish, so week or so


soulsaver
sweet man im ready to see it!!!
 
Top