Aerocool cases don't take punches well.

cerebrex

[H]ard|Gawd
I got pissed off at it because it rattled non stop, the doors would never go on right, and it was flimsy as hell, so in a fit of anger I slammed my fist down on it and it caved in like a piece of in foil - what a piece of flimsy shit this case turned out to be.

Can anyone give me a solid recommendation of what case I can fit an Eheim 1260 and 77 bonne heater core w/c setup in? I really liked the coolermaster stacker, but the more I look at it, the more it looks like it's for air cooling only.

get a server case and next time you punch it you will be off to hospital... should get you out of a few days work ;)

haha Someone has a temper like me. I've broken my fair share of cases, keyboards, desks, etc.. :)

I just got a Coolermaster RC-690 and I love it, it's actually pretty solid, very roomy, and setup well for watercooling.

I recommend getting some haldol, the real world might be too real for you.

haha Someone has a temper like me. I've broken my fair share of cases, keyboards, desks, etc.. :)

I just got a Coolermaster RC-690 and I love it, it's actually pretty solid, very roomy, and setup well for watercooling.

you wouldn't believe what one can do in anger. I actually had teeth marks in my old microsoft explorer mouse from a game of rocket arena.

I forgot to mention when I slammed my fist down, I bent the case into my dvd-r drive and cut into my call of duty 4 dvd inside it and jammed it in the drive. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the suggestions on the 83x stacker, I'm looking into it now.

I only slam my mouse/headphones... my old wireless one got chucked across the room... Still worked after years of abuse (logitech) and my MX518 gets bashed into the desk... I broke my keyboard tray on the desk itself before the mouse would break... still using it...

Broke 2-3 sets of headphones though... :( Now I use speakers :D!

Amazing what games can do... :eek:

I recently recieved my stacker 830 and I would recommend that case also. This thing is HUGE! If you want a silent solution I hear the Cosmos is also a nice case.

you wouldn't believe what one can do in anger. I actually had teeth marks in my old microsoft explorer mouse from a game of rocket arena.

I forgot to mention when I slammed my fist down, I bent the case into my dvd-r drive and cut into my call of duty 4 dvd inside it and jammed it in the drive. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the suggestions on the 83x stacker, I'm looking into it now.

I was playing CS wayyyy back in the day at a huge lan party. Some dude got a Headshot at me and i threw my wireless mouse across the entire lan party in one chuck and got up and walked outside.

Anger + Videogames is awesome.

Actually, it was quite good =] It wasn't until I started using LCD that i stopped wireless.

Haha, I'd take a picture but I'm just too pissed off, last night my rad started leaking, and it smoked my 8800. That resulted in the window/case side to go flying across the room and explode.

In other events, I've thrown a Saitek cyborg joystick so hard it stuck in the wall, I ripped the face bezel/wiring harness anda ll off my old coolermaster case and broke it over my knee. I threw a 6800GT Ultra out the window once. And my all time pissed off moment I took an epson sylus printer, dragged it behind my car doing donuts in a parking lot until it was in pieces, then taped it up, mailed it back to epson customer service with a CD showing me doing it.

Holy crap! Sorry to hear about your troubles... but that story about your printer is f*$^ing hilarious.

Go with the Stacker 83x series - huge, roomy, gorgeous.

Like hell it is. I've had the Stacker STC-T01 and the Stacker 830. Despite the latter's immense physical dimensions it has very little interior room compared to its' predecessors and other cases like the P190.

I only slam my mouse/headphones... my old wireless one got chucked across the room... Still worked after years of abuse (logitech) and my MX518 gets bashed into the desk... I broke my keyboard tray on the desk itself before the mouse would break... still using it...

Broke 2-3 sets of headphones though... :( Now I use speakers :D!

Amazing what games can do... :eek:

Yeah I keep my slamming to a minimum. Its' cheaper and less inconvenient when I have to replace something.

I recently recieved my stacker 830 and I would recommend that case also. This thing is HUGE! If you want a silent solution I hear the Cosmos is also a nice case.

Again the Stacker is really cramped inside. The P190 is FAR larger inside. The old Stackers are also far superior. The Cosmos is nice as well (I've got one) but it isn't perfect either. However I'll take it over the Stacker 830 any day.

Speaking of destruction, it used to be pretty bad for me. I got mad and smashed my fist down on top of a 386DX machine I had. I smashed a huge canyon in the top of the case (desktop) and the table it was sitting on collapsed under neath it and they both ended up on the hard floor in pieces. The PSU, case, and hard drive all died. The motherboard died too but that was why I was made at it.

I was playing CS wayyyy back in the day at a huge lan party. Some dude got a Headshot at me and i threw my wireless mouse across the entire lan party in one chuck and got up and walked outside.

Anger + Videogames is awesome.

Yea cs has to be the most aggravating game there is. Sometimes I get so mad when I play I just have to stop :rolleyes:

Like hell it is. I've had the Stacker STC-T01 and the Stacker 830. Despite the latter's immense physical dimensions it has very little interior room compared to its' predecessors and other cases like the P190.

Yeah I keep my slamming to a minimum. Its' cheaper and less inconvenient when I have to replace something.

Again the Stacker is really cramped inside. The P190 is FAR larger inside. The old Stackers are also far superior. The Cosmos is nice as well (I've got one) but it isn't perfect either. However I'll take it over the Stacker 830 any day.

Speaking of destruction, it used to be pretty bad for me. I got mad and smashed my fist down on top of a 386DX machine I had. I smashed a huge canyon in the top of the case (desktop) and the table it was sitting on collapsed under neath it and they both ended up on the hard floor in pieces. The PSU, case, and hard drive all died. The motherboard died too but that was why I was made at it.

Yes, the Stacker 830 does look small inside, my problem is I need room for my rad and my pump, both of which are huge. I would have to cut the bottom harddrive bays out to fit my pump, that isn't too big of a deal for me, but it would be nice to just buy a case that works for once.

Yes, the Stacker 830 does look small inside, my problem is I need room for my rad and my pump, both of which are huge. I would have to cut the bottom harddrive bays out to fit my pump, that isn't too big of a deal for me, but it would be nice to just buy a case that works for once.

The CM Cosmos is better for water cooling than the Stacker 830 is. There is plenty of room to mount the radiator in the top above the motherboard and CPU. You can also externally mount one on the back easily. The original Stacker STC-T01 is still probably the best I can think of for water cooling though.

I head almost fell off when I saw how much the P190 is. Can you buy it without the 2 PSU's? I already have a nice Antec 850W.

A Blue version of this Stacker STC-T01 is what I have and it's friggin Ginormous inside ! Plenty of room for watercooling.

I head almost fell off when I saw how much the P190 is. Can you buy it without the 2 PSU's? I already have a nice Antec 850W.

No you can't. That's one of the things that sucks about it. The PSU bay is also too small for PSU's over 7 inches in length.

dscn1677wk5.jpg

Cosmos: Plenty of room for Watercooling.

I had the 690 for about 3 hours before I returned it. It's a decent case for the price and it has the holes for watercooling which is a nice touch. However, you'd think the ventilation would be better with the way they market the case and the location of its blow holes. For me, it absolutely sucked. Now if good air movement doesn't matter, then you got a winner. Your WC setup is nice.

The Cosmos has mucho room on top for a large radiator and you can see the space at the bottom. Only thing, the cosmos is expensive.

I like that setup though :)

I had the 690 for about 3 hours before I returned it. It's a decent case for the price and it has the holes for watercooling which is a nice touch. However, you'd think the ventilation would be better with the way they market the case and the location of its blow holes. For me, it absolutely sucked. Now if good air movement doesn't matter, then you got a winner. Your WC setup is nice.

The Cosmos has mucho room on top for a large radiator and you can see the space at the bottom. Only thing, the cosmos is expensive.

I like that setup though :)

I am concerned about room still though. I have a beastly WC setup with blocks on both my 8800's, CPU, northbridge, and ram modules. I'd like to get a case that is wide open in the center and bottom. I'm going to look into the 690 and the cosmos.

The cosmos sure is a pretty case. I think I'm sold on it - even if it weighs 37lbs (good god).

I am concerned about room still though. I have a beastly WC setup with blocks on both my 8800's, CPU, northbridge, and ram modules. I'd like to get a case that is wide open in the center and bottom. I'm going to look into the 690 and the cosmos.

The cosmos sure is a pretty case. I think I'm sold on it - even if it weighs 37lbs (good god).

The Cosmos is WAY lighter than my Antec P190.

id recomind the lian li V series very good cases.

all of these anger stories remind me of the time when my mom washed my brand new moto razr that i paid 300 bucks for so i took the thing and chucked it out an open window and watched it land on the cement next to the pool shattering and falling into the pool. I used to have the remains of it till i got a new desk and threw them out, i also broke that desk kicking it during css causing the flismy particle board to split causeing the whole thing to come down on top of an old printer.

HAHAHA im glad im not the only one that smashes stuff my p180b has a nice bend in the door.

The Cosmos is WAY lighter than my Antec P190.

Typically too though, the heavier the case, the better it can take a hit. I know my old Antec plusview has been smacked around a good bit.. :D

I have major temper issues, so when it comes to buying mice, keyboards, cases, etc I tend to stay towards the lower price scale.

If I put my fist thru an expensive lian li, I would be that much more pissed later.. :)

I think it might be a better idea to have a case that doesnt take a punch well than one that does. Because, in a fit of anger one might attack the case, hurt themselves, and then REALLY get pissed off and the case ends up out a window or under a car. I went to frys to look over all the cases and I decided on the Cosmos. Do they make windows for the case? It looks like I'll be making my own.

You know I have a really bad temper and I learned years ago not to hit my computer. Mice and keyboards are one thing but punching your case is a bad idea. I killed a hard drive once that way years ago and learned my lesson.

Even when I'm super pissed I've still got the mental discipline to not smack my case around. I'll immediately seek out something that is ok to beat on and none of those items are expensive.

You know I have a really bad temper and I learned years ago not to hit my computer. Mice and keyboards are one thing but punching your case is a bad idea. I killed a hard drive once that way years ago and learned my lesson.

Even when I'm super pissed I've still got the mental discipline to not smack my case around. I'll immediately seek out something that is ok to beat on and none of those items are expensive.

well the case was solely responsible for my anger, it deserved it. I had been fixing it, rigged it up, waiting at it's every need for 6 months putting up with it's shit. Just wait until I get my computer out of it, this show isn't over yet.

Well whenever I have computer hardware I don't like and it isn't valuable enough to sell, I shoot it.

I used to have anger problems like that. Luckily, not anymore ;)

I own a thermaltake xasier 3 steel case, weights 60lbs empty, that sucker dented my door frame one time when i tripped comming in

and people wonder why i switched to sff in my most recent build

btw, pics or it didnt happen :)

cause i'm morbid and i really wanna see the damage

Back