Advice Please - M3A78 EMH HDMI

NTJedi

Limp Gawd
Motherboard = M3A78 EMH HDMI

I'm setting up a triple boot environment using Windows2000, WindowsXP-64 and Vista-64 yet there's no chipset drivers available for the Windows2000. I have successfully installed all other components with great success. I know the Windows2000 OS is not supported yet is there a way to force an installation of the WindowsXP-32 bit drivers?

I'm not sure if it will work, but I'd like to give it my best shot.

Has anyone else tried using Windows2000 on the M3A78 EMH HDMI motherboard ?

bump

PCI standard ISA bridge remains listed as unknown device within Windows2000

any ideas ?

I could go for an answer to this too. I'm in the same situation for one of my customers... wants to boot Win 2000 w/ his 780G mobo.

bump

now begging for wisdom... certainly one of the wise hardforum members knows an answer.

have u tried contacting Asus?

Yes, unfortunately they respond saying the W2K is no longer supported, yet they have W2K drivers for everything else... even the sound. There's not much difference between W2K and WinXP so I estimate someone has crafted some forceware drivers or workaround, unfortunately my searching hasn't found any for this board.

I had great success using the 780G - I used the ASUS M3A78-EMH HDMI mobo.

But I was using XP Pro SP2, not Win2K, for that system.

I think that "most" devices should work in Win2K off of the XP drivers set, since they
are both NT5 platform. I had some trouble out of the NForce 590 chipset myself, but
I was able to resolve my difficulties when I grabbed drivers etc. direct from nVidia.

If I were you, I would check out AMD's download and/or tech support sections,
or even shoot them an email to ask for help. Good luck ;)

Back