Advice on RMA for Corsair XMS2 Pro

infin@

Gawd
I just had a stick of my corsair dual channel kit crap out on me. I was already dissapointed in the performance of these sticks and now this! I had them running at 750mhz and they were rated for 800, which they weren't even stable at. I got a 2048mb dual channel kit of XMS2 ProC4 6400, I was drawn in by corair's reputation, the sticks specs and appearance of the kit itself. I paid $420 cnd for these sticks 10 months ago at NCIX, i expected them to last at least 2 years. :mad: My 2 year old $150 OCZ gold DDR2-800 1gb kit is still going stong and they oced up to 912mhz! I have heard that Corsair has a good return policy which I hope to utilize.

Anyone have a corsair RMA experiance similiar?

hrm well i ordered 4x1gb of these exact sticks, cept there sli certified, we will see.

I did get an active ram cooler though

Never had a problem with Corsair. I think my longest turnaround time was around two weeks, and that's out of at least 4 RMA's. :)

I had bad luck with DDR-400 ram (XMS) the kit I had didn't like even a slight overclock and for the price it was not impressive. Ever since I buy other brand than corsair. I see them liek the Sony of ram. They have good product but other maker have better products for cheaper.

Don't like their RAM anymore, but I LOVE their PSU

I love the power supplies as well, thanks for the responses I'm calling NCIX today will keep you updated.

Any recommendations for a replacement kit?

soooo...update.

NCIX only covers the memory for the first thirty days. :(
Time to call corsair, I assumed it would come to this however I was hoping NCIX would help me out. This RMA could take a while seeing as how I'm in canada. ..sigh...

soooo...update.

NCIX only covers the memory for the first thirty days. :(
Time to call corsair, I assumed it would come to this however I was hoping NCIX would help me out. This RMA could take a while seeing as how I'm in canada. ..sigh...

Use our link for Tech Support Express, it is the fastest way to expedite your RMA. Sorry you had an issue. FWIW, it's entirely possible that the DIMM that failed was a weak one all along. If you replace with another set of the same memory, hopefully it will clock as you expected. Those should do 800+ easily.

TSX Link

Use our link for Tech Support Express, it is the fastest way to expedite your RMA. Sorry you had an issue. FWIW, it's entirely possible that the DIMM that failed was a weak one all along. If you replace with another set of the same memory, hopefully it will clock as you expected. Those should do 800+ easily.

TSX Link

Thanks a lot Mike. I talked to Leo Huang this morning from corsair tech support, he was awesome. I've completed an RMA request form online and am currently waiting for a response. This is my first set of corsair ram, but due to their lifetime warranty it probably wont be my last.

Very cool and again, sorry you had the issue. You are in good hands with Leo, just don't go bowling with him.:p

I actually just had a module of the same RAM die after about a month of use, and can't RMA through Newegg since the UPC was already removed and sent in for rebate. I hope malvalpha is right about that turnaround time, because I've heard horror stories of 2 month long RMA processes with some companies. And I hope it was just a bad stick, and not my motherboard claiming lives here. :X

On a side note, I always do love seeing manufacturer reps around on these forums. It makes me feel a lot more confident about their service.

I actually just had a module of the same RAM die after about a month of use...... I hope it was just a bad stick, and not my motherboard claiming lives here. :X

On a side note, I always do love seeing manufacturer reps around on these forums. It makes me feel a lot more confident about their service.

I hear ya, I was convinced that I had a short somewhere on my motherboard or in the wiring I had just worked on. Then after a lot of swearing and 6 hours of troubleshooting and talking with people in this forum it was suggested I try focusing on my ram. Arguably the finest quality component of my system, no way that the problem lies there...Sure enough boom, dead ram stick.

I appreciate talking to reps as well, nice to know they care. I guess I'll see how long this will take, might have to purchase some temporary ram for the time being seeing as how I probably have to send back both sticks. :(
I'll keep you guys posted on my experiance.

I actually just had a module of the same RAM die after about a month of use, and can't RMA through Newegg since the UPC was already removed and sent in for rebate. I hope malvalpha is right about that turnaround time, because I've heard horror stories of 2 month long RMA processes with some companies. And I hope it was just a bad stick, and not my motherboard claiming lives here. :X

Crap, I had a stick of corsair ram die recently too and didn't know about the UPC thing and Newegg. I already sent the ram out too. :mad:

Ouch. I almost did the same thing but I was lucky I guess. Had it packaged and ready to go but happened to be talking to a Newegg CS rep about a refund for a different product and the UPC issue came up. Saved me 2 weeks and some shipping fees.

I got an e-mail back from Corsair several hours after finishing the RMA application process expecting a shipping label. Instead, I got this:

"Please make sure DDR voltage is set to 2.1 volts and then test the module in question alone. Thank you."

Sigh. I think I even specified that I did that in the RMA process. Oh well, hopefully they don't return to me with any other suggestions less than packing instructions. :rolleyes: I'll update you guys on how the process goes.

Yeah it sux. Thankfully I still have 2 sticks of ram to run my system on.

Anyways keep us posted on how your Corsair RMA goes.

Back