Advice on how to switch back to AT&T?

NIZMOZ

2[H]4U
So, I switched away from AT&T to Verizon for the unlimited plan. Stupid move. Signal and data speeds are way worse than AT&T places I live and travel. Not impressed at all. My house barely has one bar of signal. Here is what I have with Verizon and how I got it.

1. I traded in two iPhones for two new iPhone 7's. They are free (due to bill credits). Both show around $500 left on them.
2. I upgraded my 3rd line to a new Red iPhone 7 plus 256gb. I put $450 down, so it has around $450 left before I own it.
3. I have an iPad Pro 10.5. I got under the discounted deal if I put it under a 2 year agreement. I am unsure what I owe to pay the ETF off, assuming around $175?

How can I switch without losing my butt? I knew I could keep the phones and use them on AT&T but it seems I have to pay them all off to do that. If I switch, I think they give you $650 per line if you trade them in, but then I am stuck with monthly payments on new phones correct? It's all confusing, and I don't see any easy way out of this sadly.

Have you contacted AT&T and spoken with someone that sounds like they have a damned clue at all? :) That would obviously be my first suggestion, my second might be check out the HowardForums.com AT&T subforum located here:

http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php/50-AT-amp-T

They have a huge population in that community of people that eat/shit/breathe/sleep cell phones including a ton of actual carrier personnel that post regularly so if there's anyplace I can recommend that might have the info you seek it's there. I'm sure there'll be people here too (probably members at both forums, actually) but for really great info on the potential deals on service plans I'd say give that other forum an equal shot too.

Have you contacted AT&T and spoken with someone that sounds like they have a damned clue at all? :) That would obviously be my first suggestion, my second might be check out the HowardForums.com AT&T subforum located here:

http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php/50-AT-amp-T

They have a huge population in that community of people that eat/shit/breathe/sleep cell phones including a ton of actual carrier personnel that post regularly so if there's anyplace I can recommend that might have the info you seek it's there. I'm sure there'll be people here too (probably members at both forums, actually) but for really great info on the potential deals on service plans I'd say give that other forum an equal shot too.

Thanks. I actually did post there too.

T-Mobile coverage here is nonexistent. So that won’t work well. :(

Where is here and how long ago are you basing that off of? Tmo has been extremely aggressive about expanding coverage in the last couple years. In much of the country if your basing your experience with tmo off of anything older then 6 months then you'd be selling it short.

Where is here and how long ago are you basing that off of? Tmo has been extremely aggressive about expanding coverage in the last couple years. In much of the country if your basing your experience with tmo off of anything older then 6 months then you'd be selling it short.

Abilene, Texas. When we moved here 3.5 years ago, the movers T-Mobile phone wouldn't work, so he couldn't call us. I also recently ran into a guy at work who had T-Mobile. He said it's OK in the city limits these days, but once you step out, he said it's pretty useless. I travel a lot, and need a phone that works where I go. So I can't tale a chance using them. I'll just have to wait it out unless I fork out $1500 bucks to get away from them.

I'd also be wary of T-Mobile. I'm in Denver and they make all sort of claims about having the fastest data in town. The issue is that it's either 50MB+ or it's literally 0 a few blocks away. That 25MB average beats both Verizon and AT&T, but neither of them ever drop under 15MB. I ended up using them for less than 24 hours before bailing to Verizon.

In terms of how to go back to AT&T, I'd call them and see what they can do for you. They want your business, so sometimes they're willing to throw zany deals at you to offset your expenses. Just be very clear that you don't want DirecTV. I can assure you that's going to be the first 5-6 offers they're going to pitch you. Their DirecTV business is in free fall, so they're doing the best to sneak it into every contract they can.

Back