Advice on case fans for a possible new case

RareAir23

Limp Gawd
Hi all. So as part of a new PC build I'll be upgrading to over the Labor Day Weekend I've been looking at a new chassis to replace my Corsair Vengeance C70 ATX mid-tower. The case that's available and caught my eye the most so far is the Phanteks Eclipse P400A non-RGB ATX mid-tower. From all the videos I've watched of YouTubers who specialize in PC hardware and building PC's on their channel (examples would be BitWit, Paul's Hardware, Jayz2Cents) this appears to be a popular chassis. The front of the case can house 3 120mm fans or 2 140mm fans. If I decide to go with the Phanteks Eclipse P400A and I want to run 2 140mm case fans in the front, what would be a quality candidate case fan to get? Thanks in advance for your answers and advice and until next time I am out!

Last edited:
This is a pretty hard to answer question it totally depends on what hardware you stuff in that case and how you react to some noise.
I actually have now in my living room a medium system with a overkill amount of cooling and am going to remove the arctic fans as mentioned by pendragon1 and replace them by the Noctua NF-P14 PWM 140 mm 900 rpm super silent fans.
In my high overclocked pc upstairs i actually have used the very expenssive
Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 PWM
these are not for the faint harted people because you really need a good controller for these power boys, but even though they can be super loud and have a maximum CFM of huge 107 CFM each you can make them run pretty silent as well the huge bonus on these fans are that you get 6 years factory warranty.
So super quality long run monsters which can if needed blow everything down to extreme low temps at will, but again at a price.
Again it all depends what your going to put in that system to see what is enough and are you ok with loud cooling or are you midrange and do not mind a little noise or do you prefer having almost no sound coming from your pc so you hardly hear the machine running.
If you put your system in a living room where people are watching tv or am talking to each other with fairly low voices a pc can be very distracting for most people, other example my mate has a pc in the baby room your probably guess which fans i build into his system.
The other example is my far away living friend he is a audio junk again the choice is clear he wanted top quality products and wanted to have them silent when his audio system is shwoing a 8K movie well he ended up with a pc full of the most expenssive ones being tuned to perform exactly when its needed and are silent when hardly any performance is needed.

If you think your going to run your intake hard, I like Silent Wings 3 more than Noctua at speed.
Noctua have I guess is a higher pitched hiss than SW3s, kinda splitting hairs here since a pair of 140s will move air.

I'm digging mesh front cases that offer 3x140mm intake support.
Have to wait and see how thermally gawdawful Big Navi and Ampere are.

Back