Advice on 80mm fans?

ChRoNo16

[H]ard|Gawd
Need to find some good 80mm fans that move a lot of air.

No noctuas, the price is just outrageous

Delta, Panaflo, Sunon come to mind. Noctua fans, as quiet as they may be are only quiet because the amount of air they move is on the low side. But people love them! I think because they are used to cheapo cooler master type fans. If you are used to server type fans, everything else pretty much seems like junk.

There's no way that thing is gonna be only 22 decibels at those speeds!
Yup. That would be a freak of nature. Hope others are not fooled by the typo. Closer to 50-db. Knew that going in. Fan does have twin virtues of 60-cfm at full speed, and ability to start from dead stop at 5-v while still providing decent airflow. Being this is going on a Dell workstation proprietary heatsink, 80-mm was required. And wanted ability to use simple 5v/12v switch for extra cooling under heavy loads.

They dont move shit for air, i got conned into buying one as an intake and never again.
You buying the wrong product does not meant the product/brand are bad

But i do loved all the Noctua recommendations after you specifically said no Noctua

For high speed I would defiantly look at delta and sunon

If you want to move real air, and have real static pressure, don’t look at anything under 38mm thick. Sure Noctua feels the part on the quality end of things, but they don’t move very much air. On the 120-140mm side of things I don’t consider 50cfm to be a lot, I look at it as a scam for your hard earned dollars.

Back