Advice needed on copying 45gigs of files from Windows PC to SD card on Samsung Android phone

peppergomez

2[H]4U
I think the lock screen might be f'ing up my trying to copy a lot of mp3s to my phone. In the Android settings, I don't see an option to disable screen lock. 30 min is the max time I can assign.

Lock might not be the issue here, but I am taking a guess that it is.

Basically, the file transfer process gets interrupted and Windows tells me that the copy cannot complete.

I am using Media Monkey to copy the playlist.

Can anyone offer any advice on how to get this to work? I assume that I need to adjust some settings on my phone, but I'm not sure what. To stop it from disconnecting from Windows after what seems to be 10 minutes or so.

PS Media Monkey also sometimes gives me this message when the process stops:

mm error message.JPG

Last edited:
What about take out the sd card and use it on a card reader on PC? Save all this headache, and probably a faster transfer rate.

What about take out the sd card and use it on a card reader on PC? Save all this headache, and probably a faster transfer rate.

I'd say this too, but he likely has playlists he wants to keep, hence using the third party app..

Might have solved this...a Windows power setting for USB devices:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/s...already-reinstalled-drivers-windows-10-a.html

1. Go to Power Options on your computer
2. Click 'Change plan setting' to the right of your chosen plan.
3. Click 'Change advanced power setting' on your chosen plan.
4. Expand 'USB Settings' .
5. Expand 'USB selective suspend setting' and change it to disabled.for On battery and Plugged In

The copy is about 1/5th done, which is a good indication.

Thanks for the quick replies, though. Appreciated.

Dang, well, maybe I'm not outta the woods yet. About 1000 of the 5000 files didn't copy so I'm trying again and experiencing all those disconnects again like before I changed that USB setting.

Hmmm.....anyone got ideas?

I have an S8. I just connected the phone (with the SD card in the phone) to my computer, made a folder on the SD card in Windows file explorer, copied my files into the folder I made with Windows file explorer. And that’s the extent of it, zero problems. I’d stop using Media Monkey, I don’t see why that’s necessary.

It seemed to be the phone disconnecting that is the problem. I was using MM because I was copying a playlist that I created within it.

If that is the problem, you can search for "keep screen on" app in Google Store. It will prevent the phone from locking up and going in sleep.

Back