Advice needed. Buyer claims apartment management lost package, and wants usps claim open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NIZMOZ

2[H]4U
It seems that a user here I shipped a Plugable Dock too for $40, says they never received it. But USPS tracking shows the front desk received it. He said I need to open a claim with USPS. I doubt they will do anything about that since tracking shows it was delivered to the front desk of the apartments.

What should I do in this instance? It was insured. I haven't heard back from the guy since I asked him if they received it or not.

He responded and said they still have not received it or found the package.

This is an issue between you and USPS that has not delivered the service you paid for..
so he is correct that you need to bring it up with usps

This is an issue between you and USPS that has not delivered the service you paid for..

How is that when it shows it was delivered to the front desk of the apartment?

Explain to the USPS what he is telling you. I am sure they have seen this before and will tell you how to proceed?

How is that when it shows it was delivered!!

A package can be delivered without the buyer getting it. Maybe it was given to the wrong address, wrong person, stolen after delivery, etc...

If it is insured, i'd open a claim; let USPS back you up that it was delivered properly, or they lost it and pay a claim.

Without insurance I am not sure what USPS will do; probably nothing I am guessing.

At that point, I think all you can do is take the buyer at his word and refund the money.

It sucks for a $40 item, but i don't think most buyers here are pulling a scam like this to ruin their rep.

I wouldn't say it's exclusively between the seller and USPS, but someone will have to take it up with USPS.

My guess is that USPS will deny the insurance claim, but you can always open up a case with USPS and have them check in with the local office. The local office would then "investigate," and get back to you in a few days. Sometimes they find something, but sometimes they just straight up don't respond.

I would suggest keeping an open mind though. USPS hasn't lost any of my packages, but our apartment building gets packages for a neighboring building all the time.

A package can be delivered without the buyer getting it. Maybe it was given to the wrong address, wrong person, stolen after delivery, etc...

If it is insured, i'd open a claim; let USPS back you up that it was delivered properly, or they lost it and pay a claim.

Without insurance I am not sure what USPS will do; probably nothing I am guessing.

At that point, I think all you can do is take the buyer at his word and refund the money.

It sucks for a $40 item, but i don't think most buyers here are pulling a scam like this to ruin their rep.

If I have to refund it, I will, but I honestly am having a hard time believing its lost when it shows it was delivered to the front desk at his apartments. Will see what USPS says. Hate calling them as they usually are useless. Since he told me this, I required a signature on everything and not just insurance I've shipped out now.

Either way, it's better to keep everyone happy and eat $40. If it was $500 I may say different.

Have you called the front desk and asked them who signed for or received packages that day? Tell them you shipped something to someone that lives there and he said they lost it.

Okay, it seems its been sent back to sender. WTH.

gqFjiAI.png

Alright, his PayPal had the wrong name for the street in it. It was an abbreviated name instead of the full name. So either the apartments rejected it or USPS did. Either way, he will have to pay for return shipping back to him, or refund minus shipping.

How is that when it shows it was delivered to the front desk of the apartment?

Is there an signature? if not USPS have not an ability to prove they are simply not claiming it and keept the pacakge ( the driver, the system, whatever)
If they do its not longer OP fault but an issues between buyer and the manager at the that accepted the package off cause.

I wouldn't say it's exclusively between the seller and USPS, but someone will have to take it up with USPS.

My guess is that USPS will deny the insurance claim, but you can always open up a case with USPS and have them check in with the local office. The local office would then "investigate," and get back to you in a few days. Sometimes they find something, but sometimes they just straight up don't respond.

I would suggest keeping an open mind though. USPS hasn't lost any of my packages, but our apartment building gets packages for a neighboring building all the time.

It doens really matter what "you say".
The law is very is very specific here.

Seller bought services that is not correct. seller is the customer that can complain to the provider
Buyer is a complete stranger in this regards
as logn as the packager is in USPS hands they are performing a service for seller.
If USPS does not have signature of delivery its still in their hands as they can't prove otherwise but seller can prove the received it..

Buyes has to go to seller because seller is the one not providing the right product to buyer ( for whatever reason it is)
But you always go to the provider of the missing product/service.

This shoud be common sense as UPSP owes nothing to buyer..

now USPS might go beyond that but thats another story

This is offcause based on the original information.
and not the updated ones where it buys/paypals fault with the adress
and again since buyer is a customer of paypal he needs to take it up with paypal.
Not the seller.

Responsibility travels the reverse way of money. not just random around because somebody has "a say"

Last edited:
Alright, his PayPal had the wrong name for the street in it. It was an abbreviated name instead of the full name. So either the apartments rejected it or USPS did. Either way, he will have to pay for return shipping back to him, or refund minus shipping.

Sellers info on his paypal was wrong?
Then I tottalyl agree with you

I quoted your screen shot and hope everyone sees this, as this is something I have seen with all shippers at least once, where a item says delivered but the buyer says never got it, then more info comes out later.

It happens, and then it takes time to work it out.

Glad things have been figured out.

Okay, it seems its been sent back to sender. WTH.

View attachment 123431

I quoted your screen shot and hope everyone sees this, as this is something I have seen with all shippers at least once, where a item says delivered but the buyer says never got it, then more info comes out later.

It happens, and then it takes time to work it out.

Glad things have been figured out.

Per USPS, that I just got off the phone with, it was delivered to the apartments, but they rejected it and gave it back to USPS 3 days later to return to sender. So it seems someone not as smart that handles the mail at the apartments didn't see the name on the package is someone who lives there and couldn't tell the street name is abbreviated. :(.

Last edited:
lol. usps and atlanta says it all. i'm on the outskirts of atlanta and they are fuckin morons around here.

lol. usps and atlanta says it all. i'm on the outskirts of atlanta and they are fuckin morons around here.

I think there are usps morons everywhere. Our own house mail seems to get mail for a different part of town at least once a week where we have to put it in the box again. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back