Advice for monitor arms

Tricyclthief

Limp Gawd
I'm looking at Dual Monitor Arm or Ergotech Arm and checking if anyone knows of anything better out there around that price mark or cheaper? It's been hard to find dual monitor arm that has height adjustment on each side without costing $200+

ps need something that will hold a 27" horizontal and a 22" vertical

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm holding up a 27" Auria (qnix same shit) with an ergotron LX arm.

If you keep an eye on ebay you can get them for pretty cheap sometimes. One of them is branded "3M" for some reason but is exactly the same as my ergotron LX. I think i paid half price for that one. Actually a quick ebay scan found it: 3M Desk Mount Easy-Adjust Monitor Arm (MA200MB)

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Appreciate the link, i'm actually looking for a dual monitor arm though. I'm probably gonna be drilling into my desk to mount it and don't really want to have to mess with doing two separate mounts.

What are reading my thoughs.

I've been looking for the same thing.

VIVO Dual Monitor Gas Spring Mount / Extended Black Desktop Stand for 2 Screens up to 27" / Vertical & Horizontal Screen Positioning (STAND-V002V)

Amazon.com : VIVO Dual Monitor Gas Spring Mount / Extended Black Desktop Stand for 2 Screens up to 27" / Vertical & Horizontal Screen Positioning (STAND-V002V) : Office Products

This is closest to what I want,price looks good also.

There so many,I have pages and pages marked. Seems very wide margin in quality even among costlier ones. Multi level are most expensive.

Last edited:
Appreciate the link, i'm actually looking for a dual monitor arm though. I'm probably gonna be drilling into my desk to mount it and don't really want to have to mess with doing two separate mounts.

I have 2 seperate mounts right now for a 27 and a 24 and I actually prefer it. The problem depending on the weight of the monitor is that you either need a much larger base or else the pole thing is going to sag forward. Also I have a lot more flexibility in how i move or arrange my monitors than I would if they were both on the same mount.

The one thing I will say is that I have used both fixed arms and the ergotron and there is no comparison. You can manipulate the ergotron up down, tilt, rotate without any tools and the tension is set so that you can lift or turn the monitor with just 1 hand.

Thanks for the link Teerex20, I hadn't seen that one before. I actually stumbled upon VIVO V002D looks about the same as the one you posted but $68, you just cant adjust the arm as high or low which i think will work perfect for me still.

I had the vivo v002d posted also but changed because you mentioned height adjustability.
Same I was looking for,only found it 1 day before.
Cheers.

hehe, yeah i meant monitor moving up and down. I dont need the arms to adjust higher then how they come. Thanks again for the VIVO mention, not sure how i missed that brand in all the hours i was searching online. Was gonna pull the trigger on the ergotech 320 for $90 but $68 sounds great to me
Thanks again

Every time I look I find something different. Items change frequently, frustrating at times.
Hope it works for,I'm still undecided.

Great, will help make my decision hopefully.

I'm really liking the stand so far, I can't see a need for wanting the monitors to raise any higher then they already do and its been so nice to get them up off the desk and gain all that space for my papers and junk lol. I'll post couple pictures later today but i'm pretty happy for $68. Have a 27" and 22" on the stand and the 27" dell is a little over the weight limit but I havent seen any negative effects yet, no sagging or drooping etc

I went with amazon basics since its just rebranded ergotron for less $$$.

I didn't find any cheap either.

I'm glad it's working out for you.
Hopefully it will last a long time.
I'll wait for pics, might get that one.

I meant the AB arm was cheaper compared to the ergotron branded equivalent for literally the same arm, theyre just different colors and have a different logo on them. The AB dual arm is $189 while the same ergotron is $265. I have the AB single arm version and I love it, the monitor is adjustable in any direction and angle.

The arms raise up to about 15 1/2" to center of the vesa bracket. Cable management is pretty nice as well, the cables tuck into the arms and havent had any issues with them staying put. Still no sagging or drooping of the arm with my heavy monitor as of now.
P_20160414_171017.jpg
P_20160414_171039.jpg
P_20160414_171111.jpg

Looks pretty good, but i still sorta want option of stacking or side by side.
Decisions, decisions.......lol.
Glad your happy!! That's what counts. Probably go with one I posted, just trying to justify it financially.
Aaahhh.....

Looks pretty good, but i still sorta want option of stacking or side by side.
Decisions, decisions.......lol.
Glad your happy!! That's what counts. Probably go with one I posted, just trying to justify it financially.
Aaahhh.....
i ordered the one you linked Amazon.com : VIVO Dual Monitor Gas Spring Mount / Extended Black Desktop Stand for 2 Screens up to 27" / Vertical & Horizontal Screen Positioning (STAND-V002V) : Office Products

it arrived today and i set it up. i'll tell you it was a pain to put it together as the instructions aren't detailed. there is also a few minor scruffs there and here on the arms and pole.

was it worth it for the price compared to others $150 and up? yes, it was. having two separate height adjustments was a godsend to me. an added surprise was they had longer screws and spacers specifically for curved monitors... i didn't expect that.

there is also this to consider for $79.99 if you don't need separate height adjustments
Amazon.com : Mount-It! MI-762 Dual Monitor Desk Mount Arm LCD Computer Display Stand, Height Adjustable, Full Motion, Gas-Spring Counterbalance up to 24 Inch Monitors VESA 75, 100 Pattern Compatible 24 Lb Capacity : Office Products

IMG_20160414_234259.jpg

IMG_20160414_234419.jpg

Last edited:
Well glad I could help.
I'll probably go with the one I linked. I have read about the various issues you could possibly have with that monitor as I stated I my link.
I will probably get on next amazon order.
Thanks for review.

Did you end up ordering a arm and what did you go with? Gotta say I love the one i got. Still no arm sag since i adjusted it first day and couldnt be happier about the price.

Not ordered yet , needed some other things more important.
I still have it in my cart. :)
Probably within 2 weeks,if not sooner.
I'm glad to hear no sag though.
Always good to hear info firsthand.

Looks like the V002D is replaced by the V002DU, one with usb built into stand for same pay, well $1 more $69.99

Right now I'm rockin the ASUS G257HU (Amazon.com: Acer G257HU smidpx 25-Inch WQHD (2560 x 1440) Widescreen Monitor: Computers & Accessories)
Budget-wise I'd try not to spend more than $100, I probably won't be upgrading the monitor anytime soon as I messed with a 27" a friend brought over but was too big for my mixing desk...

Normally I'd send it right back to Ammy but I don't know how easy returns are with third party sellers, never sent anything back to them.

Contact amazon with request for return and see what they say. I have heard some not good stories but you won't know till you try.
As for another arm,I'll look but busy atm.
Maybe someone else meanwhile can offer ideas.

Back