Advert on the side of the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peach

Gawd
Anybody else think this is annoying because it makes everything off-center? I think it does, maybe you guys should move it to the bottom or at least the right side.

i agree it's very annoying.. it like makes everyone all crunched up.. it's ugly.. it makes the forums look ugly.. maybe the right side would work better

Lol, I dont like it either, but Im sure they make a killing off of the advertising costs. I wish I ran a forum like this that could pay all of my bills with one advertisment.

I agree. It makes the forums very hard to read, especially since I'm on my laptop with only a 1024x768 resolution. I understand the need for advertising, but it is very hard to read any of the forums with the ad where it is.

maybe it could switch with every other viewer seeing each of different ads at top because this ad on the left is ridiculous...

But I am glad monarch is here and advertising..

I'd prefer top and bottom, instead.....

....that's what she said!!!!!!!!!!

<-------------- that Monarch add on the side. I don’t really like it there. I know it’s not my forum. But it makes the forum feel weird because it is off centered and the add seems out of place. If I was going to have an add I would put it at the top or bottom of the forum like the newegg one so that it didn't change the feel of the forum. I know it's not my forum so I have no right to tell you guys what to do but that’s just my opinion on it. What do you guys think?

it is rather annoying... but gotta think of how much $ that advert is going to bring into [H]... hell, I would pay for that slot ahead of the one at the top... it stays in view and is hella annoying... but it gets in your head... advertisements YAY!

Tengis said:
Lol, I dont like it either, but Im sure they make a killing off of the advertising costs. I wish I ran a forum like this that could pay all of my bills with one advertisment.

i doubt it

I'm all for moving the ad somewhere else, cuz it's going to screw majorly with proportions and honestly is throwing my eye off majorly. However... ahem... guys... rules? LOL

Please, can this be moved to the bottom? The off center is driving me nuts.

don't move it to the bottom that will show priority of advertisers... or maybe switch them every other day top to bottom..

If it's in the bottom monarch might not like it..

but i think we can make the compromise of moving it to the right...

I read the forums in the morning.. go to class.. come back.. world shaking event and I miss it. :(

IndyJoe said:
Better on the right side
Yes, but what would be nice is if the posts under the ad ballooned out to their former proportions.

Leave it on the right...its fine. Just dont add a column to the left at the same time.

Originally Posted by Steel Chicken
add block for the win!
How about - Member block ;)

GilmourD said:
Yes, but what would be nice is if the posts under the ad ballooned out to their former proportions.

i think that'd take a bit of coding in the vbull, so in other words, aint gonna happen :p

why was he banned? cuz he said ad block? :confused:

*edit* nm opps my mistake :eek:

But on the note of the monarch logo its starting to grow on me =P :)

Jeriko_Cherry, Steel Chicken.......
Nothing like "biting the hand that feeds you" huh? Dopes.

Okay on the right works better..

I don't like it.. but i'm willing to deal with it.. i know it costs a lot to keep [H]OCP and [H]ard Forum going.. :)

Thanks monarch for the support. I will shop there for my next purchase. Hopefully your site is easier to search by then ;)

I guess it does kinda grow on you... I dont seem to notice it as much ..its just that the green and the yellow make such an obnoxious mix, it makes my eyes bleed..... which I guess is what advertisting is all about.. they want you to take notice

The scrunched narrow look, big blocky paragraphs, ewww (any chance on putting the ads up top, or down at the bottom...pretty please?)

Definitely a good time to go widescreen

:p

thanks for putting it on the right

also its not the best idea to quote post that got people banned.... you may be next :eek:

All of a sudden there it was on the left.....no wait the right. I got a bit nauseated by the color combo......but I like the right better. I hope it helps to pay the bills. I like this forum. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back