Adventures in 2700X Overclocking

Man, look at you go! That's tighter than a >insert something inappropriate here relating to nuns<! :D

Did it bench with any better speeds and latency?

AIDA64 has latency at 70.1ns. Read speed at 45598 MB/sec. Read speed is as expected, but latency is the lowest I've ever seen it on this box.

If anyone has taken 32GB of dual rank Hynix Shit-RAM higher on Ryzen, I want to know wtf you did.
Hmm not helpful, but I'm running a 2x16gb cheapo 2133 hynix ddr4 too, but on X99. This one was able to get to 3200mhz 16-19-19. It could kind of run at cl15, but it wasn't 100% stable.

3400mhz would boot and run with loose timings, but I found performance to be worse as for some reason the command rate would run at 3T even when set lower.

That said you are doing pretty good all things considered!

Last edited:
Hmm not helpful, but I'm running a 2x16gb cheapo 2133 hynix ddr4 too, but on X99. This one was able to get to 3200mhz 16-19-19. It could kind of run at cl15, but it wasn't 100% stable.

That said you are doing pretty good all things considered!

Ryzen is somewhat less tolerant of shit RAM than most Intel CPUs. I can get 3000 @ CL16 with shit subtimings, or 2933 with CL14 and aggressive subtimings. Choice was obvious - but I tested it all anyway, lol.

AIDA64 has latency at 70.1ns. Read speed at 45598 MB/sec. Read speed is as expected, but latency is the lowest I've ever seen it on this box.
Well if that's significantly lower than before, then hot damn! (I'd qualify 2ns as definitely-significant, but even 1ns as significant)

Took me a moment to figure out why you were just reporting the one speed, but then it dawned on me that it's cuz you're using the Demo haha

Well if that's significantly lower than before, then hot damn! (I'd qualify 2ns as definitely-significant, but even 1ns as significant)

Took me a moment to figure out why you were just reporting the one speed, but then it dawned on me that it's cuz you're using the Demo haha

Latency before tuning all this was 79ns. Latency before dropping in the 2700X and tuning was north of 80ns. It's significant.

Edit: although I am mildly jealous of folks with 16GB who are able to get 65 or even 60ns latency and bandwidth north of 50k.

Last edited:
Edit: although I am mildly jealous of folks with 16GB who are able to get 65 or even 60ns latency and bandwidth north of 50k.
Just built my Ryzen system over this past weekend.
Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi
G.Skill Flare X 2x8GB DDR4-3200 CL14
The Stilt's Fast 3200 CL14 profile loaded in the BIOS.
aida64_memory.png ryzen_timing_checker.png

Just built my Ryzen system over this past weekend.
Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi
G.Skill Flare X 2x8GB DDR4-3200 CL14
The Stilt's Fast 3200 CL14 profile loaded in the BIOS.
Good stuff, have you been able to tighten any timings further? (They are already tight, but why stop there?)
Lord knows Stilt knows way more about hardware than I do, so the differences between my timings and his may end up being of no consequence in terms of latency and/or bandwidth... That being said, you can see mine on page 5, which there are a number of subtimings on his that are a fair bit higher. On the flip side, I have a couple that are similarly a fair bit higher as well, and that may be the difference in why he is able to lower other when I wasn't able.

For example, with mine (albeit using such a very old BIOS as I am) I wasn't able to get the tRC down below 52 without stability issues. Whether or not that's my own fault for not adhering to the old rule of tRP+tRAS=tRC, I'll have to look into. Or whether tFAW and tWTRL make much of a different to performance or stability, I also don't know, but his are a bit higher. tFAW 36 vs my 25, and tWRTL 12 vs my 9.

Either way, I'm thinking of flashing the latest BIOS today (which has the latest AGESA) and dive in to seeing what more I can get out of the RAM on my 1700X. Will first give a higher speed a shot, and barring success there, will then try to push timings lower. Before I do any of that, I need to get my timings for my RAM in nanoseconds so I can utilize the Ryzen DRAM Calc, as well as track down these Stilt profiles to see what I can glean from them.

Good stuff, have you been able to tighten any timings further? (They are already tight, but why stop there?)
I have not attempted any further timing adjustments. Not sure I'll even bother trying since the gains likely won't be worth the hassle for me.
The only tweak I did after loading The Stilt's profile was to drop the DRAM Voltage from 1.40V down to 1.35V which matched the original D.O.C.P. setting for the memory just to see if it worked. It did, so I left it there.
The 2700X is not overclocked. I figure I'll let it OC itself since it does a decent enough job on its own.
I ran the Blender Gooseberry benchmark and all 8 cores stayed around 4.016-4.066GHz once the NH-D15S got heat soaked. CPU Tdie peaked around 72C. I was hoping for better. Maybe I didn't put enough TIM on. I used the small dot in the middle method.

Maybe I didn't put enough TIM on. I used the small dot in the middle method.

I'm not sure that method has ever worked well, to be honest. I think most people agree that it's best to spread it over the heatspreader and THEN if you want to, add a dot in the middle for good measure.

I've tried a good dot in the middle and then dots at the midway point to the corners and even that won't give you the best results. The only way you would be gauranteed with good dispersal of the TIM that way would be in a mechanical situation where you are able to place the cooler down in the exact middle of the die with the absolute most precision leveled placement, and applying proper force to be able to tighten it down. Otherwise you will end up with uneven pressure in one corner and it'll just not spread evenly.

Reactions: Aenra
like this
I have not attempted any further timing adjustments. Not sure I'll even bother trying since the gains likely won't be worth the hassle for me.
The only tweak I did after loading The Stilt's profile was to drop the DRAM Voltage from 1.40V down to 1.35V which matched the original D.O.C.P. setting for the memory just to see if it worked. It did, so I left it there.
The 2700X is not overclocked. I figure I'll let it OC itself since it does a decent enough job on its own.
I ran the Blender Gooseberry benchmark and all 8 cores stayed around 4.016-4.066GHz once the NH-D15S got heat soaked. CPU Tdie peaked around 72C. I was hoping for better. Maybe I didn't put enough TIM on. I used the small dot in the middle method.

That sounds like really high temps for a DH15 . I'm using a 2700x stock on a cryorig c1 cooler in a mini itx and my cpu maxes out at like 70c

Yeah this weekend I think I'll pull the HS off and check the TIM and redo. I'll try to not pull the CPU out the socket in the process.

I wish I knew more about squeezing out performance on RAM to be honest :p Some important factors though would be to let us know what model kit you have and then if they're Single or Dual Rank sticks (CPU-Z tells you in the memory tab).

I have a feeling that they're Hynix ICs though, based on those timings (if you are really interested in finding out for certain you can do so with Typhoon Burner, I posted how to in the old Ryzen memory speeds thread if you need assistance finding it). So I'm not specifically sure how much luck you'd have with my suggestions in terms of how well they'll carry over from my Samsung B IC sticks.

That being said, are those timings currently with everything set to Auto, or did you manually input them? (I only ask because they're, curiously, identical to Duron's lol).
If not, that'd be my first request, is a screenshot with auto-timings. That's our baseline, and lets us know where we're starting from. Otherwise I don't know how far you've tweaked them already and one tick more might equal instability :)

As far as overclocking the RAM... If you haven't tried faster speeds with Auto-Timings, that's my initial suggestion. Bump the SoC voltage and DRAM Voltage a little (see AMD guide linked below for safe limits) and try 3000 or the next speed higher. For 3000 you can probably just try it with those timings you're at currently, but higher speed, definitely try with Auto-timings. But when it comes to changing tthe termination values, I'm not the person to ask :(

But to at least offer something to start with...
First you'll want to have a memory benchmark so you can determine if you've increased performance. So either with the RAM configured as it is in that screenshot or with auto-timings, get a few passes on that to get a baseline. I used AIDA64's CacheMem test (it's in the Tools drop down menu), since it gives the Read, Write and Latency results for RAM, L1, L2 and L3 caches. So it knocks them all out rather quickly AND lets you easily save a screenshot of it.

I'd then try Disabling the GearDownMode, give it a quick stability test (either MemTest or AIDA64's System Stability Test set only to "Stress Cache" and "Stress System Memory", which I found identifies stability fair well). Then run the benchmark to see if it helped, and how much. If it didn't really help at all, then might be better to leave it on to ensure stability.
Next I'd see if you can try to lower the tRRDS and tRRDL. You could try 4 and 6. Re-test.
I'd try then to drop the tFAW, maybe 28 (mine's at 25). Re-test.
Seeing if you can knock that tWR down as well will help a decent bit. Just whittle it away slowly, but could try 20 to start with. (mine's at 11). R-t!
As I recall the tRDRDSCL and tWRWRSCL don't impact stability much, but can help a tiny bit with latency, an can be dropped fairly low. Mine are at 2 and 2, so maybe try 4 and 4 with yours.
If you can get the tRFC down then it helps with latency mostly (I think, maybe it was bandwidth). I don't know if there's a method to calculating the number though :( If you want to try mine, have at it: 312 (or 195ns)
GENERALLY LEAVE tWCL ALONE. Is finicky and can impact stability. Typical rule of thumb is 1:1 with tCL
tRTP, tRDWR and tWRRD can result in decent gains, but you may only be able to lower tRTP a tiny bit without impacting stability. Could try 10 or 9. (mine's at 9)

Beyond that, you can definitely always try the primary timings. However, until they allow for odd numbered tCL's again, it might not yield much stability since you'd have to drop back to tCL 14 for it to work. However, you can definitely give 16-16-16-36 a shot, or even 14-16-16-36. Those may require increasing the DRAM voltage in order to get working. I mean realistically the subtimings could even benefit from a little bump. I'm not sure what you're running at currently, if it's like most of the GSkill kits, for 3000 it might just be 1.3V, but either way just start with adding a little bit... so like +0.02V (1.32V in this example). But I bought a CL15 kit so for me to get CL14 working is more likely in my eyes, than you having to go to the next even number down which is also 14.

Something always to keep in mind, though, is that a lot of those timings have a 'mate'. They're grouped pretty well in RyzenTimingChecker and so you can see that rather easily. Not always do they require the name initial letters though, like tRDWR and tWRRD are kinda mates, but tRTP plays a roll with them too. So you'll want to pay attention to the amount of distance between their numbers and then try to keep a similar gap in your adjustments. Those three it's a situation of (bottom to top) WRite to ReaD, ReaD to WRite, and Read To Precharge. So if you drop the tRTP down too low, it'll start wanting to do it's task before tRDWR has had a chance to finish.
This was a handy guide from AMD as it explains some of that, as well as a lot of other aspects:
https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/05/25/community-update-4-lets-talk-dram
This, albeit rather old, may help fill in some gaps as the terms still apply (note: not all of these will be available to you, and some may even have different letter combinations in your BIOS, even between RyzenTimingChecker and your BIOS!)
http://www.overclock.net/forum/18051-memory/381699-ram-timings-explained.html

Hopefully that'll help some. And yes, as it may sound, it is all time consuming, since you have to restart, adjust, boot, test, restart, adjust, boot, test... over and over ;) Daunting... but rewarding!

Thanks for the tips and the well thought out response.

Yeah, they are on auto, and it’s G.Skill 3000Mhz RGB RAM and they are Hynix.

I’ll set it at 3000 and see out that goes, and look into disabling GearDownMode.

Again, awesome advice, thank you.

(I only ask because they're, curiously, identical to Duron's lol).

He probably has Hynix M-die Shit-RAM too. If so, it'll probably be a choice of 2933 @ CL14 or 3000 @ CL16. The DRAM calculator suggests that 3200 @ CL16 should be possible, but when I try those settings, it won't boot. Out of those possibilities, 2933 @ CL14 appears to be best combination for performance with tight subtimings.

I'm not sure that method has ever worked well, to be honest. I think most people agree that it's best to spread it over the heatspreader and THEN if you want to, add a dot in the middle for good measure

This. The entirety of it, just posting a part here.
Certain """gurus""" have somehow elevated the thinnest paste application "technique" into some undeniable rule of physics.
The reality of it is that extra paste is good, less paste? Not. It's really that simple. You (figuratively) don't need to show me the formulae theoretically disproving this, as in our cases they will amount to miniscule differences our sensors cannot even register. On the contrary, thicker paste spread might, just might, ensure that you'll escape the re-seating you'd have performed next year. And also of course, ensure that you did it right the first time around :)

Spread it thinly over the entire IHS; then add your pea-sized blob in the middle. If it's a server, TR4, etc, add 4 of these blobs rather than just one. You know, form a diamond.

Thanks for the tips and the well thought out response.

Yeah, they are on auto, and it’s G.Skill 3000Mhz RGB RAM and they are Hynix.

I’ll set it at 3000 and see out that goes, and look into disabling GearDownMode.

Again, awesome advice, thank you.
I think everyone should have access to as much info as possible and we all share it since we're all enthusiasts. Sadly that will never happen as long as there's money to be made :( Regardless, I'll do what I can to try and help, even if what I know pales in comparison to what others may know :)

On that note, given that your timings were the same as Duron's, I would say your ideal place to start would be to try and apply all of his newest timings, given he had a really nice drop in latency:
https://hardforum.com/data/attachment-files/2018/05/thumb/125021_final.jpg

That being said, if you use the Ryzen DRAM Calculator and press the R-XMP button, it'll fill in all the red boxes on the left for you (since they're annoying nanoseconds heh). You may have to grab Typhoon Burner as well in order to determine if you have Hynix MFR or AFR dies, and then manually input that into the Calculator (where it says Memory Type, upper left), as well as use CPU-Z's Memory tab to see whether your sticks are Single or Dual Rank (upper right, middle box). Then tell it the speed (Frequency) you want, in this case 3000 to start with. Once you have those filled in you can click on Calculate Safe or Calculate Fast. Safe may give you a smidge better timings than what you'll have by default, but Fast is what you really want to try.

From there, you can also change the Speed to 3200 and see if it'll boot and is stable at the Safe timings. Keep in mind that there is the Advanced tab, and some of those things may help as well.

Derbauer just posted his X470 Asus Crosshair vii hero review. It seems this board in particular has some very interesting settings to play with to maximize clock frequencies while utilizing precision boost and XFR.

Youtube Link

While not setting a fixed clock, he was able to achieve 4.5ghz single threaded boost performance while having all cores run at 4.25ghz. (Unknown offset voltage..)

Very interesting watch. Lots of things I haven't fully sifted through yet.

Last edited:
Derbauer just posted his X470 Asus Crosshair vii hero review. It seems this board in particular has some very interesting settings to play with to maximize clock frequencies while utilizing precision boost and XFR.

Youtube Link

While not setting a fixed clock, he was able to achieve 4.5ghz single threaded boost performance while having all cores run at 4.25ghz. (Unknown offset voltage..)

Before I came upon this thread, I updated Windows, all the drivers for my hardware, all the software I use to monitor and found that my 2700x boosts to 4.5Ghz when playing Overwatch and 4.8Ghz when playing Fortnite. Was told it was a bug, which makes sense...but I have EVERYTHING updated.

Attachments

• 4.8Ghz.JPG
    4.8Ghz.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 0
Before I came upon this thread, I updated Windows, all the drivers for my hardware, all the software I use to monitor and found that my 2700x boosts to 4.5Ghz when playing Overwatch and 4.8Ghz when playing Fortnite. Was told it was a bug, which makes sense...but I have EVERYTHING updated.
Try the same in HWinfo64. I've seen this happen to others when trying to use HWmonitor.

I've had HWmonitor say my 2200G hit something like 3658932Ghz before. I wish that were the case.

Youtube Link

I saw that as well. The crosshair vi has had most, if not all, of the same settings enabled in bios. The vii has some other nice things done to it though, it really looks like the best of the best.

I saw that as well. The crosshair vi has had most, if not all, of the same settings enabled in bios. The vii has some other nice things done to it though, it really looks like the best of the best.

It's too bad there's no BCLK adjustment on my Prime X370 Pro. A nice 103 MHz BCLK adjustment would get me into the 4.5GHz single thread range easy.

It's almost enough for me to wonder if I should swap motherboards.

It's too bad there's no BCLK adjustment on my Prime X370 Pro. A nice 103 MHz BCLK adjustment would get me into the 4.5GHz single thread range easy.

The crosshair vii hero actually has 2 clock gens. If you choose to use both, one is for the cpu only, while the other runs the pcie bus. Apparently the side effect is added dram latency however.

The crosshair vii hero actually has 2 clock gens. If you choose to use both, one is for the cpu only, while the other runs the pcie bus. Apparently the side effect is added dram latency however.

VI has that as well, you can run synchronous or asynchronous, but either way over 105 bclk shuts off xfr/pb so you no longer get automated boost. I just installed the CHVI and tried 103 and my ram didn't like it. At 100 it's stable at stock timings, at 103 ram is stable at default (2133), haven't tried tightening them up yet at 100 or doing anything else at 103. I could try asynchronous as that should keep the ram stable, but that might get me a bigger frequency number but no more performance.

I also have reduced boost frequency on this board vs my Prime B350M-A. That would do 4.35 single core, this seems limited to 4.2-4.25, other board would do 3.975 all core, this does 3.95. Have to play around more with settings, but performance is the same if not slightly better, at least in CB15 despite the slightly reduced clocks. Would be nice to get that higher single core boost but I have no idea how to do so. The other board I plopped the cpu in and it just worked, this one I've had to mess with the bios a lot more (and there are a ton more options) and it still doesn't seem to be quite working correctly.

You'll have to go through your whole dram rodeo again, at least if you want to keep low latency via synchronous clocks. I got a good deal on an open box CHVI on amazon, so went for it but I only had a B350 so it was an easier decision.

Not much for me to add that Neapolitan6th hadn't already said, but I'll just add that I hate HWMonitor with a passion and find it to be completely useless due to how buggy it has always been for me.

Anyone had any luck BLCK overclocking? I have tried but even just going 101 causes mine to freeze on post.. makes me think I am missing a setting somewhere. This setup this guy is using seems perfect. He has an updated video where they boost all cores to 4.2 and single cores to 4.5ghz. I really want to pull this off..

I was hoping that BCLK OCing would be a nice way to give a little bump to the built in boosts but from what I've seen so far it seems to be a bust.

Some motherboards have an asynchronous BCLK setting that separates the bus clock for CPU from everything else but it increases latencies and only seems to help get another one or two Mhz.

Anyone had any luck BLCK overclocking? I have tried but even just going 101 causes mine to freeze on post.. makes me think I am missing a setting somewhere. This setup this guy is using seems perfect. He has an updated video where they boost all cores to 4.2 and single cores to 4.5ghz. I really want to pull this off..

Mine loads into windows at 103 but crashes under load - my suspicion is ram but I didn't mess with it much, just experimenting. I didn't try asynchronous clocks or more voltage, slower ram etc.

I was hoping that BCLK OCing would be a nice way to give a little bump to the built in boosts but from what I've seen so far it seems to be a bust.

Some motherboards have an asynchronous BCLK setting that separates the bus clock for CPU from everything else but it increases latencies and only seems to help get another one or two Mhz.

Guy in this video seemed to have some pretty good luck with it. I have PBO working.. all cores will run at 4.25 and still single core boosts to 4.35. I think this is as good as it gets for me. Speed still throttle down to about 2k and voltage will throttle down to .800 V. Now I just have to figure out why it takes forever to boot into windows!

Guy in this video seemed to have some pretty good luck with it. I have PBO working.. all cores will run at 4.25 and still single core boosts to 4.35. I think this is as good as it gets for me. Speed still throttle down to about 2k and voltage will throttle down to .800 V. Now I just have to figure out why it takes forever to boot into windows!

The 4.5 single core boost is impressive but I would have liked to see him demonstrate it being maintained in a single threaded workload, the 4.1 all core boost isn't really that great though. I will say that 104 BCLK is certainly a lot better than most seem to be able to do which makes me wonder if the x470 Taichi is exceptional in that regard, especially since I haven't seen many people using it and it looks like a good board. I know from my experiences overclocking on X58 that the motherboard can make a big difference in ability to BCLK OC but that was for BCLK speeds ~50% above stock which is a little different.

Congrats on getting your clocks and voltage in line, if you're able to maintain 4.25 all core and 4.35 single core under load I find that more impressive than what he demonstrated.

For comparison I just installed my new 2600X last week and this thing is boosting to 4.185ghz all 6 cores around 1.4v - in game pubg which is only about 40% cpu usage

This is stock with everything factory settings and included wraith spire cooler.

The 4.5 single core boost is impressive but I would have liked to see him demonstrate it being maintained in a single threaded workload, the 4.1 all core boost isn't really that great though. I will say that 104 BCLK is certainly a lot better than most seem to be able to do which makes me wonder if the x470 Taichi is exceptional in that regard, especially since I haven't seen many people using it and it looks like a good board. I know from my experiences overclocking on X58 that the motherboard can make a big difference in ability to BCLK OC but that was for BCLK speeds ~50% above stock which is a little different.

Congrats on getting your clocks and voltage in line, if you're able to maintain 4.25 all core and 4.35 single core under load I find that more impressive than what he demonstrated.

Thx, so far so good. I mean the voltage for this PBO spikes up to 1.51 at times but rarely. What I want to play with now is reducing voltage using offset to find lowest stable voltage. PBO likes to push it high. Right now it's been stable and all temps are great. I have not stress tested it for stability but I have run video stress tests and cinebench without issue so far. I was able to get 4.25ghz stable at a much lower voltage than it's peaking to so it doesn't surprise that is feels stable spiking to 1.51. Will see how it works out with reduced voltage. If it can last a few years like this I will be happy.

Hello once again, what would be good to change in bios?
I have a ryzen 2700x and a motherboard asrock b450m steel legend.
Mostly with everything turned off and i do only manual oc from bios.
The only problem i have when i squeeze prime95 small FFT s is that i have thermal throttling of this kind according to hwinfo:
-thermal trottling (HTC)
-thermal trottling (PROCHOT EXT)
The processor temperature goes up to 86 C.

I'm also interested in what i can do with this memory, whether the latencies be lowered and how much should i try and with what voltage? I tried a mild oc at 3266MHz with 1.4V but it is unstable.
I have a patriot 2 * 8gb memory, sdram manufacturer is SK Hynix
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...vs416g320c6k_viper_steel_16gb_2.html/overview
Basic tact i believe i cannot increase only if i could reduce latencies.
Current latencies are per xmp 2 profile 16-18-18-18-36.

See pictures from the bios and the current situation:

https://i.postimg.cc/LsS0ZZC6/210603142547.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/zvyd1wBp/210603142559.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/XJH2h1Vp/210603142611.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/sfL64L6L/210603142658.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/Rh2gC3Jm/210603142704.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/kXtj1yLg/210603142718.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/Z5tw1dhF/210603142727.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah this weekend I think I'll pull the HS off and check the TIM and redo. I'll try to not pull the CPU out the socket in the process.
My method of putting the paste is the same “grain of rice” on the middle of the processor.
But in the case of ryzen 2700x the grain of rice must be larger, when a little more paste is put it is better than less because the surface area of the processor is also larger.

And how to loosen the refrigerator when it is removed? It attaches so tightly to the processor that I can barely remove the heatsink, I already thought I tore and ripped the cpu out of the bay.

first the ram; try bumping the vddcr_soc to 1.1v. i think that is the same set of ram im using and thats what i did. set xmp to 3400, voltage to 1.4v and soc to 1.1v and it perfectly stable.
second, the cooler; sit in the bios for 5 minutes before you try to remove it. it will warm up enough to loosen the paste, then twist it to pop it off. it whats in the amd instructions...
third; p95 small fft uses avx i think, which will drive temps waaaay up. try without avx or use the older 26.6 that doesnt have it to a get a more realistic max temp. or use something like OCCT instead.

first the ram; try bumping the vddcr_soc to 1.1v. i think that is the same set of ram im using and thats what i did. set xmp to 3400, voltage to 1.4v and soc to 1.1v and it perfectly stable.
second, the cooler; sit in the bios for 5 minutes before you try to remove it. it will warm up enough to loosen the paste, then twist it to pop it off. it whats in the amd instructions...
third; p95 small fft uses avx i think, which will drive temps waaaay up. try without avx or use the older 26.6 that doesnt have it to a get a more realistic max temp. or use something like OCCT instead.
For ram,test with memtest86 or memtest 86+ (4 passage)?
Yes,they use all avx2 in new version but you can disable it

What program do you use to test dram memory, which program? Not stability testing but raw numbers?
For stability testing is i guess the best memtest?

Last edited:
For ram,test with memtest86 or memtest 86+ (4 passage)?
Yes,they use all avx2 in new version but you can disable it

What program do you use to test dram memory, which program? Not stability testing but raw numbers?
For stability testing is i guess the best memtest?
i just use memtest, cant remember if its + or not, either works. i only run it for an hour or two them move on to other testing and using it normally.
turn off avx unless you are using a dedicated avx workload. it does not give you realistic temps.
im not chasing numbers.

This doesn't work, it crashes
I got 3 beeps
When I set vddcr_soc to fixed 1.1V then I lose the VSOC 1.1V setting, it disappears
So I set VSOC to 1.1V, then I set fixed vddrc_soc to 1.1 and then VSOC disappears.
Does not enter windows.

This doesn't work, it crashes
I got 3 beeps
When I set vddcr_soc to fixed 1.1V then I lose the VSOC 1.1V setting, it disappears
So I set VSOC to 1.1V, then I set fixed vddrc_soc to 1.1 and then VSOC disappears.
Does not enter windows.
then i guess stay where you are with speed or you could try turning off xmp and manully set it to the xmp speeds. xmp is technically intels spec and doesnt also play nice with amd.

Back