Advanced Warfare 9000, Counter Strike GO 326,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHefile

Necrophilia Makes Me [H]ard
Hi

Help me understand how that many players are on right now for Global Offensive vs Advanced Warfare?

I own both. I have played GO 46 minutes, but AW 211 hrs.

I don't understand what I am missing about GO that so many people seem to find irresistible. Do I have to play GO for a certain amount of hrs before it addicts me?

Edit actually AW has 11,500 but that hardly changes anything

Someone said it's Global so you have a lot of International players I believe there is a Tournament too not sure of the cash prize. The biggest thing the game has going for it is the Keys and lock boxes and that awesome theme music. If this game ever has a successor watch out =) Seen players with 1,000+ hours in CSGO.

You want a free game that actually is fun to play Try Warface looks 10 times better and it's fun as hell despite the haters the Christmas mode was fun.

CSGO is a noob shooter they claim to have these L33t skills or whatever but it's nothing compared to Unreal tournament or even Duke Nukem Forever.
The mechanics of the game are so stiff I don't see how anyone could be addicted to it unless they have a piss poor PC from 2006

CSGO is a noob shooter they claim to have these L33t skills or whatever but it's nothing compared to Unreal tournament or even Duke Nukem Forever.
The mechanics of the game are so stiff I don't see how anyone could be addicted to it unless they have a piss poor PC from 2006
Just to make sure, this is a troll post, right? I almost lost it at Duke Nukem Forver, lol

Just to make sure, this is a troll post, right? I almost lost it at Duke Nukem Forver, lol

Yeah same here, lol.

Unreal Tournament, Quake 3, CS GO, they are great FPS and are even better playing online with people.

If you can play with a team-oriented group of people on CS GO, you'll have hours and hours of fun.

I just got done playing for 2 hours.

I'll write my half ars review comparing to COD.

Well right off the bat you have a "competitive" mode. Psychologically this will bring in the hardcore* player into thinking he is involved in a world Olympic Sport. In COD it's simply called, "Hardcore."

The hit boxes are smaller. I believe this is why they say GO takes skill vs COD. COD hitboxes are larger.

In GO you are on the cutting edge of politics. You have hostages to rescue and sites to blow up. COD has mode "search and destroy" to blow up sites but no hostage rescue.

Instead of "classes" as in COD you have the purchasing of guns in GO. Okay.

GO is far more social as people talk more... far more and the group of players stay together much longer than 10 minutes as on COD.

In my opinion it reminds me of the old call of duty 1 where s&d was the big deal. As COD went on s&d mode lost the following to Team Death match or other games.

After my 2 hour stint I may play it some more but I am not so excited that I may cry for joy.

The infinite search for that first time playing FPS multi excitement continues..

EDIT I have far more to report later on. I know nobody asked me but i need to pretend I am a reviewer.

Last edited:
CS has way more teamwork going on that any CoD I ever played. Knowing when to buy what and coordinating buys is stuff you never see in CoD.

In GO they have the option of "Casual" mode which in default enables "all talk." Alltalk is when each team can speak to one another. In COD you will never find this.

In Go Casual you can alltalk. But in Competitive you cannot.

COD is a watered down version of Counter Strike. COD was at first developed to compete against CT but it failed because

Interesting thing is GO has matchmaking. I do not know if they match on servers or P2P but I would say it must be server.

I found in my short amount of time boy/men acting gay. This happened more than one time and I think this is a common occurrence in the casual mode.

Did you ever want to kill yourself but then decide that video games will help? Well this won't help and I hope you find help elsewhere.

I've not played Advanced Warfare, but I have played GO and all I can tell you is that it's generally fun and rewarding. It's a solid-feeling shooter, the netcode is generally predictable and it looks good enough. When you get right down to it, I'm sure the two games are actually similar in more ways than they're different, so whatever discrepancies there are in player counts are largely political.

Play the game you like the most, I guess.

In GO there is planning that might be only 5 seconds but someone says it occasionally. In COD AW nothing is said because the matches are so short nobody ever gets to know anyone. In AW nobody every knows anybody and its a shoot and grind game.

Now granted I am coming from AW background but the GO is somewhat entertaining as long as you don't get a gay guy trying to meet people like I did several times.

Wow, you're either REALLY good at trolling, or REALLY bad at life.

Last edited:
If you go to GO expecting some upgrade in intelligence from COD you will only find more of the same x 50.

Online gaming is a terrible way to spend a life given we only have so many years on this earth. I speak from the heart. I've been dedicating my life from 2003 ish when COD came out until now and I have NOTHING to show for it. Yes I might be a little quicker with the mouse but who the hell hirers someone who is quick with the mouse? ZERO

Gaming is a waste of time. It's akin to couch potato. Nothing will ever come out of it good.

Gaming is a waste of time. It's akin to couch potato. Nothing will ever come out of it good.

Wow, must be a full moon or something. You can pretty much replace "Gaming" with anything, and someone will say it's a waste of time. If you enjoy something, then it's most certainly not a waste. And if you really want to get deep and dark, you could say EVERYTHING we do is a waste of time, because eventually we all end up dead and rotting. Kings and paupers, all lumps of dead meat. Hope I didn't just ruin your life by pointing that out. :D

Wow, must be a full moon or something. You can pretty much replace "Gaming" with anything, and someone will say it's a waste of time. If you enjoy something, then it's most certainly not a waste. And if you really want to get deep and dark, you could say EVERYTHING we do is a waste of time, because eventually we all end up dead and rotting. Kings and paupers, all lumps of dead meat. Hope I didn't just ruin your life by pointing that out. :D

No you didn't ruin my life. My life is so hardened only a sewer clog could up-heave it.

What I mean is you can take the time spent dribbling over games and spend it on things that can either make you money or make you have a more social life.

Say you wanted to be a plumber like I would like to be. let me add up my times on games...:

GHOST 505 hrs
Blackops 2,1168 hrs
DODS, 349 hrs
MW3, 146 hrs
Killing floor 773 hrs
AW 212

And I have to add to that COD 1, Battlefield 2, and COD 2 to the mix.

Without adding the COD 1, Battlefield 2, and COD 2 to the mix I have spent 131 days playing games. I know it's more than 200 straight days without steam stats.

That is 4800 hours I could have spent learning a trade or playing guitar.

Gaming is a waste

No you didn't ruin my life. My life is so hardened only a sewer clog could up-heave it.

What I mean is you can take the time spent dribbling over games and spend it on things that can either make you money or make you have a more social life.

Say you wanted to be a plumber like I would like to be. let me add up my times on games...:

GHOST 505 hrs
Blackops 2,1168 hrs
DODS, 349 hrs
MW3, 146 hrs
Killing floor 773 hrs
AW 212

And I have to add to that COD 1, Battlefield 2, and COD 2 to the mix.

Without adding the COD 1, Battlefield 2, and COD 2 to the mix I have spent 131 days playing games. I know it's more than 200 straight days without steam stats.

That is 4800 hours I could have spent learning a trade or playing guitar.

Gaming is a waste

COD1 released in Oct 2003. You spent 4800 hours out of over eighty-nine THOUSAND hours in the last just over ten YEARS. So what have you done with the other 84k hours of your life?

Gaming is a waste

To you. I make $150k a year already. I have a beautiful wife. 2 awesome young boys. And a new puppy. I have a big house, and two nice paid off vehicles. I work out 5 days a week and do semi-pro powerlifitng. We take two vacations a year, and I hope to visit pretty much every country worth visiting before I die. This summer we're going to Ireland.

Gaming is a hobby, and I enjoy it. I don't need more money. And I don't want to play the guitar. I do want to learn to code, and I work on that daily. Gaming doesn't stop me from doing anything I want to do. It's just something I do for fun, along with a shit load of other stuff.

So your sweeping "XXXX is a waste" statement probably applies to your situation, but not everyone else's situation. It's all about perspective.

Everything fun "is a waste". A social life is a waste in most cases. Most of the people who live heavily social lives are mindless idiots; the type who are so self adsorbed with petty things.

If you want to work 16+ hours a day and have 8 hours to do eat/sleep/cleanup ect., then that is your choice. The rest of us will have fun with our lives. ;)

Everything fun "is a waste". A social life is a waste in most cases. Most of the people who live heavily social lives are mindless idiots; the type who are so self adsorbed with petty things.

If you want to work 16+ hours a day and have 8 hours to do eat/sleep/cleanup ect., then that is your choice. The rest of us will have fun with our lives. ;)

Go forward and have your fun and smile. But are you really smiling all the time? And does your smile make you any money?

Nope. You would be better off learning to be a machinist or a wood cutter or a chef than to be a gamer. Gamers are shit and do not get paid ever for ever and ever.

Take for instance Kyle on this website. Kyle knows that no money is made in FPS playing in itself. But he found a way in marketing to do better than the actual player. So while you are in the game grunting it out wasting your life Kyle is making cash off your life.

Don't game anymore is my point. Stop it and go onto other fascinating real things in life.

As you see I wasted 11.5 years of my life chasing after what????????? It never comes, never, never , never. You can wake up and breathe the fresh air of sunrise and play until the day of darkness but your day will never come. You will never be worth anything from this point on and forward.

I am a living testament from years back of gaming. Not one time will I ever put on my resume that I game.

Take for instance Kyle on this website. Kyle knows that no money is made in FPS playing in itself. But he found a way in marketing to do better than the actual player. So while you are in the game grunting it out wasting your life Kyle is making cash off your life.

Don't game anymore is my point. Stop it and go onto other fascinating real things in life.

You're welcome to leave any time you want. If you feel you wasted your life, then do something else with your life. Acting like a child and whining on a website, attacking people over their hobby is pathetic and speaks to you as a person. You aren't going to do anything other than make people think of you as a terrible person incapable of dealing with their own self-image and issues. You are wasting more of your life on these posts that could be spent doing anything else. Money doesn't make your life mean shit, working your life away is pointless. Make the money you need to survive with some extra to play with and have fun. I don't make much money but I have what I need and I love my job. I don't feel the need to work every second of the day to make myself feel better. I enjoy games and many other things and could not give less of a shit that they don't make me money. I'd rather enjoy life than worry about silly bullshit like that.

As you see I wasted 11.5 years of my life chasing after what????????? It never comes, never, never , never. You can wake up and breathe the fresh air of sunrise and play until the day of darkness but your day will never come. You will never be worth anything from this point on and forward.

I am a living testament from years back of gaming. Not one time will I ever put on my resume that I game.

So the truth comes out. You are mad that you haven't done anything with your life, and you blame gaming. So now you hate gaming as you blame it for wasting your life.

Your problem isn't gaming, your problem is you obviously made some poor choices and now have regrets. Gaming doesn't make you a loser. Just like drinking beer or smoking pot doesn't make you a loser. Your life choices do. So don't blame gaming, blame the one who made the choices.

Just because the two fellows above me have not found gaming to be detrimental to their life does not mean the silent numbers of gamers who do not post on internet forums do not.

Gaming kills people and lives and these people cannot stick up for themselves.

Just because the two fellows above me have not found gaming to be detrimental to their life does not mean the silent numbers of gamers who do not post on internet forums do not.

Wow. I'll bow out now. Your thought process is beyond reasoning with.

This thread is sad.

At OP, the reason more people play CSGO as opposed to COD is a number of reasons; continued support, server browser, friends, etc., etc.,

But the biggest reason is skillcap. The skillcap is much higher in CSGO than any other shooter on the market. Where cod is a dumbed down twitch shooter, CSGO is a tactical twitch shooter that takes a lot more skill to be good at than COD. It's that simple. I have friends that ONLY play CSGO and havent played anything else in the last 5-8 years but CS.

You will find that on PC gamers ( I hate this term) will tend to flock to games that have high skillcaps, are continually supported by devs, run good on modest hardware, built around competition.

If you want to play watered down games that hold your hand, and even aim for you (practically) with a ton of players, then buy an xbox one and get COD.

But the biggest reason is skillcap. The skillcap is much higher in CSGO than any other shooter on the market. Where cod is a dumbed down twitch shooter, CSGO is a tactical twitch shooter that takes a lot more skill to be good at than COD. It's that simple. I have friends that ONLY play CSGO and havent played anything else in the last 5-8 years but CS.

You need to explain how in detail and stop parroting people.

Tell me how it is so that a game like GO that has no aiming down the site is so more complex than a game that has ADS.

Are you saying shooting from the hip requires more talent than aiming down the site of the gun?

You're going to die one day, and in the grand scheme of things that will be only a spec of time on the cosmic scale. Even if we find a way to live forever eventually the universe will implode. Everything everyone does is pointless when you really think about it.

This thread is sad.

At OP, the reason more people play CSGO as opposed to COD is a number of reasons; continued support, server browser, friends, etc., etc.,

You will find that on PC gamers ( I hate this term) will tend to flock to games that have high skillcaps, are continually supported by devs, run good on modest hardware, built around competition.

If you want to play watered down games that hold your hand, and even aim for you (practically) with a ton of players, then buy an xbox one and get COD.

Quoted for truth and emphasis. I hate the term, too, even.

You're going to die one day, and in the grand scheme of things that will be only a spec of time on the cosmic scale. Even if we find a way to live forever eventually the universe will implode. Everything everyone does is pointless when you really think about it.

Yep, on a long enough time scale, everything dies. The thing that matters is what you make matter. This thread is a great example of that.... :).

What?

Are you fucking Autistic?

"But the biggest reason is skillcap. The skillcap is much higher in CSGO than any other shooter on the market. Where cod is a dumbed down twitch shooter, CSGO is a tactical twitch shooter that takes a lot more skill to be good at than COD. It's that simple"

COD1 released in Oct 2003. You spent 4800 hours out of over eighty-nine THOUSAND hours in the last just over ten YEARS. So what have you done with the other 84k hours of your life?

I'm guessing ranting and raving at people on the internet about how they are wasting their lives. Sounds like my grumpy old neighbor who always yells at me to keep my dog off his grass even though she never leaves our yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back