Ads Tested in LA Airport Security Trays

HardOCP News

[H] News
Here’s a not-so-novel approach to advertising, let’s stick ads in the bottom of airport security trays. I guess it could work, as long as they ads weren’t for “used” items confiscated from other passengers.

After a six-month test in Los Angeles, the federal Transportation Security Administration was expected to formally issue guidelines Thursday to vendors that want to offer the ads at other airports.

Working for the TSA I found this amusing. On the one hand it does cut down costs on the passengers who currently pay for the security with the security tax (THat the airlines collect but have yet to actually give back to TSA) and it is a break for Tax Payers where instead of having higher taxes to pay for the added costs, instead finding alternate means to cover the budgets. That being said no one really pays attention to those bins anyways its sorta like ads in the front of shopping carts: who notices them. But if advertisers are willing to pay then that is all that really matters. I guess next screeners can be told to read an ad to people before they hand wand them or search their bags....

"This search has been brought to you by McDonalds.....Now please raise your arms up to begin....."

LOL!!!

I just thought it'd be funny to see an eBay ad for the stuff you had confiscated on your last flight ;)

I don't know but 5ibs of pockets knives for ten bucks sound like a bargain to me....

Back