AdoredTV Reveals New AMD Leaks and Social Media Woes

cageymaru

Fully [H]
In his newest video, Jim of AdoredTV on YouTube discusses fanboys, old school tech reviews, Zen II leaks, Ryzen 3000 leaks, overclocking the Radeon VII, and more. Listen to him reminisce over the days when reviewers told it like it was without a filter and then compare it to the advertiser friendly, nice guy image most have now. The beginning of the video is about his attempts to control what happens to him on social media. Enjoy!

Tech Talk 5 - Quitting Reddit, New Zen II "Leaks" and OC'ing the Radeon VII!

That Sora on nvidia's forums is an idiot, I'm sure sora works for nV. I've had many arguments with em along with many others. Eventually the forum deleted most of my posts along with my account. It kinda sucked cause I was pulling for nV way back in the 3dfx days. Jim's right, its a waste of energy to argue with these people. I'm grateful for the few places left that tell it like it is.

That Sora on nvidia's forums is an idiot, I'm sure sora works for nV. I've had many arguments with em along with many others. Eventually the forum deleted most of my posts along with my account. It kinda sucked cause I was pulling for nV way back in the 3dfx days. Jim's right, its a waste of energy to argue with these people. I'm grateful for the few places left that tell it like it is.

Yep, "Sora" is a paid troll whom I've also had a couple of rounds with....and now I'm banned, proudly. :)

Anyone care to post a summary? He takes too long to get to his points. Spare me the 30 minutes I'll never get back.

Anyone care to post a summary? He takes too long to get to his points. Spare me the 30 minutes I'll never get back.

Summary: Nvidia is bad, Intel is bad, Anandtech is bad, twitter is bad, reddit is bad,... and everyone except him is a troll and a hatter

D1Pcn2ZXQAEnKpK.jpg

Wtf with the haters. Shiiiiiit.
It is a little sad he felt the need to cut himself off.
I understand it , but in way wished for him to have felt disengaged from the hate and the bullshit, and kept using social media tools to his benefit, and that alone.
But yeah im no an idiot, easier said than done.

I watched it while cooking pancakes but I caught most of it. He starts by mentioning why he does not want to join Anatech as he would be too honest of an opinion. He was actually being humble and said good things about Kyle as well as old school Anandtech and Tom's. He also mentions that there are better technical writers at Anandtech already.

Next he talked about the pure fanboyism that are in the message boards. His back and forth about the GTX 2080 in Tomb Raider was pretty funny. He is later critical of the premature R7 launch to sort of balance things out. At some point, somebody compares him to fame news Charlie, which he points out that Charlie is actually a very good technical writer with great sources.

At the end he discusses the Ryzen 2 leaks that mirror his his own as well as saying info of the new CPUs will be released end of March / early April.

I know a lot of people here will dismiss everything Jim says and that's on them. Is he bias? Sure, but who isn't. I still think he has some valuable insight and is for the most part fair.

I watched it while cooking pancakes but I caught most of it. He starts by mentioning why he does not want to join Anatech as he would be too honest of an opinion. He was actually being humble and said good things about Kyle as well as old school Anandtech and Tom's. He also mentions that there are better technical writers at Anandtech already.

Next he talked about the pure fanboyism that are in the message boards. His back and forth about the GTX 2080 in Tomb Raider was pretty funny. He is later critical of the premature R7 launch to sort of balance things out. At some point, somebody compares him to fame news Charlie, which he points out that Charlie is actually a very good technical writer with great sources.

At the end he discusses the Ryzen 2 leaks that mirror his his own as well as saying info of the new CPUs will be released end of March / early April.

I know a lot of people here will dismiss everything Jim says and that's on them. Is he bias? Sure, but who isn't. I still think he has some valuable insight and is for the most part fair.

Thanks for the summary.

I'm still skeptical that he is a shill. When he was like "AMD employees risk their jobs because they like what I am doing.." just seemed a bit too bullshitty for me. Might be true, might not. Either way its not a very good way of protecting your sources... just blatantly state it out loud, "AMD employees like me... they tell me stuff and break the NDA's they sign..." Come on... I know that over the years, just about all of the tech websites make friends and contacts at many tech companies, suppliers, etc. But I've never heard Kyle go "Yeah I got boys at Intel, they tell me shit..."

6:21 to 8:57

him playing the victim card

Moving goal posts.

"Summary:

Intel = evil. NVIDIA = evil.

I have my sources. If you disagree with me, you are a dumb ****.

I am smart and you are stupid, so there's no point for me to get into an argument with you."

That is what you originally said. That is not in the video nor is it even implied by it.

Moving goal posts.

"Summary:

Intel = evil. NVIDIA = evil.

I have my sources. If you disagree with me, you are a dumb ****.

I am smart and you are stupid, so there's no point for me to get into an argument with you."

That is what you originally said. That is not in the video nor is it even implied by it.

No, that's in previous videos.

That much is clear. These are exactly the people Jim was talking about. Absolutely no capacity for an intelligent discussion.

He also talks about getting slammed by AMD fanboys for praising the 1660ti, but our friends here missed that part of course.

All these people are calling me out!

They are so mean!!!

I didn't like the Radeon VII, therefore I am definitely not biased!

Incorrect. Also, you are still moving goal posts. You clearly made that post as a summary to this video. When called out you change your tune. It's pretty obvious you are EXACTLY the kind of person Jim was talking about.

It's the summary of his channel.

I never said it was summary of that video.

Whatever you want to believe.

His channel is a click-bate type trough for AMD fanboys.

Yeah, no. Jim definitely has an AMD bias, but it doesn't make his observations wrong nor the results of his tests. Intel and Nvida do some incredibly shitty (and blatantly illegal in Intel's case) things. I think company loyalty is fucking retarded, but can't say I fault people for preferring the slightly less shitty company.

Yeah, no. Jim definitely has an AMD bias, but it doesn't make his observations wrong nor the results of his tests. Intel and Nvida do some incredibly shitty (and blatantly illegal in Intel's case) things. I think company loyalty is fucking retarded, but can't say I fault people for preferring the slightly less shitty company.

I want to hear objective materials (i.e. Gamers Nexus)

None of these AMD favoritism bull****.

Back