AdoredTV Discusses the Recent AMD Ryzen and Radeon 3000 Series Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would happen if you get a processor with two of the same chiplets but on opposite ends of the “silicon lottery”?

Bullshit, I said no such thing.
I wanted to call bs, but I didn't have time to sit through all the rx480 videos to be sure. None of the titles hinted at ridiculous perf though, so I was fairly confident.

Bullshit, I said no such thing.

Might not be the EXACT model I said in the 1080, but don't pretend you didn't way over hype and way overstate AMD performance before release. Everyone was clowning you on Reddit for way over stating performance and it flopped compared to your predictions.

Oh and when the cards dropped, the AMD sub was filled with people shit talking you because idiots actually listened to your rumors and sold off better cards to get the 480, etc. That right there should tell you a lot, as that place is extremely pro AMD.

Didn't they also ban yon on /r/hardware because your content was so bias in favor of AMD and all you did was make wrong predictions and speculate?

The channel doesn't do any testing of it's own, but simply provides a heavily biased meta-analysis of work done by other professionals, cherry picks data to fit his narrative and then goes on to attack professionals whose data don't fit his narrative. The videos you have included are perfect examples of that and have no business being posted on /r/hardware

The takeaway - these guys know literally nothing in excess of what we know. They both conveniently ignore various other factors at play even if they've been historically prevalent, and neither of them are justified in making the very-absolute claims they're making.

Last edited:
A site banned someone from making wrong predictions? Isn’t the very concept of a prediction based on guessing?

Ban everyone on this forum if they get their PS5 predictions wrong, I demand it for I browse reddit!

A site banned someone from making wrong predictions? Isn’t the very concept of a prediction based on guessing?

Ban everyone on this forum if they get their PS5 predictions wrong, I demand it for I browse reddit!
Well, it's a sub-reddit. A lot of those are essentially little circlejerks moderated by figurative Hitlers on a power trip. Reminiscent of the SomethingAwful forums or NeoGaf/ResetEra. I saw someone banned on Reset Era for calling developers lazy, I closed the tab then. On reddit I've seen stories of people having bots comment on all their posts to let people know they once commented in "controversial sub-reddit" and people just follow them around and be outright shitty to them over it. It's toxic.

They didn't primarily ban him for making wrong predictions lol, he spread a ton of BS and his videos were all incredibly bias for AMD.

And on him way overstating performance - "this is the same guy who thought turing would only be 15-20% faster than Pascal, even after nVidia released benchmarks showing otherwise".

And it's funny people talking about Reddit being toxic. Are you guys aware of the shit AdoredTV use to post on Reddit and deleted once someone dug it up from his past post history? Before he got bigger, people would find things wrong in his videos and correct him, he would delete the videos and threads after his argumentative outbursts, lets just say he didn't handle criticism well, lol. Here is some of the stuff he use to post and delete: (here is a dump if you're inclined) some of my favorites:

Ever wondered why people tend to call guys like you ""Nvidiots""?
(not bias btw)

BenVidiot"" would suit you a lot more.

npf7nw4.png

Read the Reddit thread if you want to know why he was banned, here are some from the "toxic" community responses:

His 'Conlake Returns' is flawed. Tweakers didn't get their review sample from Intel. Intel does not supply the Netherlands with review samples. And 5.2GHz at 1.43V is not good. He critizices others in the press for not doing a proper job, but he himself can't even be bothered to contact a website and ask where they got their review sample from. Keep the ban.

They were heavy on words and arguments but most of it was fluff with little substance. Things boiled down to Intel is shady AMD isn't and such. His reviews were blatently biased and he used to spread rumor as fact. I don't know if he still does this because I stopped watching but that's why I remember he got banned. WCCFTech got banned for the same reason of using romor as fact.

No. I won't bother to repeat the argument again for the millionth time but here are a few (of the many) points.

1) His videos have very little to do with actual hardware

2) His videos are mostly incredibly biased commentaries - not false per se, but they omit critical information in order to strongly enforce his argument. Lots of "debunking" videos that just try to poke holes and form weak arguments to prove his points. Seriously, why would r/hardware be an appropriate venue for "debunking reviews" videos? or discrediting videos?

3) Many of his videos end up being a conspiracy theory against Intel somehow - seriously! Even his latest commentary that described the stupid CTS Labs vulnerabilities managed to blame Intel despite 0 evidence.

Enjoy!!

Last edited:
What if the Ryzen 3000s use a fully active interposer which includes I/O, memory controllers and cache instead of a separate I/O die on an organic substrate like Rome?

I’ve been thinking about a comment made by Steve from Techspot about the Ryzen 3000 leaks. Based on his industry sources, he said “don't assume Ryzen will be anything like Rome”. I’ve also been thinking about Kyle Bennett's comment on this thread where he said “There is a whole lot of reality in that video. A lot. There is a little wrong, but not a lot.” Also, I remember that Jim of AdoredTV stated in this video that his source for Ryzen 3000 leaks didn’t mention an I/O die. He assumed there would be one based on the Rome design. I began to wonder if perhaps all of these sources of information are true. I’ve also been thinking about how AMD would reduce latency on their consumer chips to match or beat Intel.

So where does that leave us? Based on AdoredTVs “Interposers, Chiplets and...ButterDonuts?” video:

I’m thinking that leaves us with a fully active interposer which includes I/O and memory controllers at least and perhaps cache as well. The AMD research paper Jim references in the ButterDonuts video shows that yields on fully active interposers can be quite good if they are kept small. In the case of Ryzen 3000s, the interposer would only have to be the size of two 8 core chiplets put together, though it could be made larger if needed to incorporate additional functionality. Partially defective interposers could be used for Ryzen 3s by putting the dummy die on the defective side. Based on the same research paper, latency would be reduced substantially, even when compared to a monolithic die. We could then expect the new Ryzen CPUs to beat Intel in latency if an active interposer is used.

Finally, it makes sense to me that AMD would roll out active interposers first where they could be small (and therefore high yield) and where latency is critical such as in consumer CPUs. Later, they could deploy them on larger CPUs with more chiplets. Based on their research, this seems like a direction that AMD is moving in. Will it be ready for Ryzen 3000s or have to wait for Zen 3?

What do you all think?

(edited for formatting)

Last edited:
They didn't ban him for making wrong predictions lol, he spread a ton of BS and his videos were all incredibly bias for AMD.

And on him way overstating performance - "this is the same guy who thought turing would only be 15-20% faster than Pascal, even after nVidia released benchmarks showing otherwise".

And it's funny people talking about Reddit being toxic. Are you guys aware of the shit AdoredTV use to post on Reddit and deleted once someone dug it up from his past post history? Before he got bigger, people would find things wrong in his videos and correct him, he would delete the videos and threads after his argumentative outbursts, lets just say he didn't handle criticism well, lol. Here is some of the stuff he use to post and delete: (here is a dump if you're inclined) some of my favorites:

(not bias btw)

View attachment 126921

Read the Reddit thread if you want to know why he was banned, here are some from the "toxic" community responses:

Enjoy!!

So?

What’s wrong with having a bias in discussions about theory and speculation?

I think a certain chip will only be a certain percentage faster! How dare I??? How dare I have an opinion and theory about a product I have nothing to do with and then discuss it in a place that literally only exists to have discussions? Ban!

Who gives a shit if he is wrong about a theory and has a bias? Does he work for AMD and cause you a financial loss because of his bias?

That's pretty damming. Can you show more on that. I can't find squat. Reverse searches and text searches show up nothing.

It's really old and he deleted everything for obvious reasons so you won't find any of it. I'm pretty sure the one where he tells someone to kill themselves is from YouTube, but the image originated from this post in 2017.

You can find some mentions of it if you dig deep enough, but I don't want to waste any more of my time on the subject.

Here is a good example where he deletes everything after a failed argument (all deleted messages are him, expand the deleted comment tree at the bottom).

Last edited:
Might not be the EXACT model I said in the 1080, but don't pretend you didn't way over hype and way overstate AMD performance before release. Everyone was clowning you on Reddit for way over stating performance and it flopped compared to your predictions.

Oh and when the cards dropped, the AMD sub was filled with people shit talking you because idiots actually listened to your rumors and sold off better cards to get the 480, etc. That right there should tell you a lot, as that place is extremely pro AMD.

Didn't they also ban yon on /r/hardware because your content was so bias in favor of AMD and all you did was make wrong predictions and speculate?

Lol /r/hardware, the same place ran by mods with micron and intel shares? Why would they ever want to ban my videos I wonder.

Do you know the readers had a recent vote there to unban me and even after I "won" the vote, the mods refused to lift the ban? That's how worthless that place is and no surprise to see you quoting from there.

As far as telling idiots to go "off themselves" goes, yeah I did say that. It's actually quite a common thing to say in Scotland...among friends actually, though I doubt a twat like you has any.

As far as attempting to pass off Sickbeast's quote as mine goes...good luck with that. I quite clearly said 30% faster for Turing while Nvidia said nearer 50%.

Regarding Polaris, I happen to know for a fact that a faster part was cancelled late on. As for me saying the 480 would be anywhere near the 1080, you're a liar. I never said any such thing, ever.

Last edited:
Lol /r/hardware, the same place ran by mods with micron and intel shares? Why would they ever want to ban my videos I wonder.

Do you know the readers had a recent vote there to unban me and even after I "won" the vote, the mods refused to lift the ban? That's how worthless that place is and no surprise to see you quoting from there.

As far as telling idiots to go "off themselves" goes, yeah I did say that. It's actually quite a common thing to say in Scotland...among friends actually, though I doubt a twat like you has any.

As far as attempting to pass off Sickbeast's quote as mine goes...good luck with that. I quite clearly said 30% faster for Turing while Nvidia said nearer 50%.

Regarding Polaris, I happen to know for a fact that a faster part was cancelled late on. As for me saying the 480 would be anywhere near the 1080, you're a liar. I never said any such thing, ever.

Yikes, you gonna delete this tomorrow night?

Yikes, you gonna delete this tomorrow night?

Why would I delete it? Like the rest of my detractors, you're simply a lying sack of shit.

You lied about me saying the 480 would beat the 1080 then changed the goalposts. You used another persons quote and tried to pass it off as mine. You used the only subreddit that has banned my videos yet failed to mention that even after the readers voted to rescind the ban, the mods kept it.

Is there anything else you want to lie about so I can deal with that while I'm still today?

Why would I delete it? Like the rest of my detractors, you're simply a lying sack of shit.

You lied about me saying the 480 would beat the 1080 then changed the goalposts. You used another persons quote and tried to pass it off as mine. You used the only subreddit that has banned my videos yet failed to mention that even after the readers voted to rescind the ban, the mods kept it.

Is there anything else you want to lie about so I can deal with that while I'm still today?

Anyone can read what I posted for themselves and come to their own conclusions. Also, I never tried to pass off someones quote as your own, lmao. Does that even make sense? That I would link a quote of yours that criticizes yourself for over estimating performance? WTF LMAO?? I even linked it to the users post, you're literally a loony. And lastly, nobody ever "voted" to unban you, the post you link on Reddit is voted 56%(horrible rating), and that's even after /r/amd brigade it.

Let the battle of shills commence!

And I'm not pro amd, intel, or nvidia - I have 0 brand loyalty and think it's dumb, reason why I hated his early content. I've owned all. You can dig through my post history, I've had Opterons, Radeons, XP's and planning a 7nm build once the new amd chips land, was going to do a Intel build recently, but didn't like the pricing and heat issues with new intel chips.

I just don't like the way AdoredTV has always overhyped AMD in the past, which a lot of people have felt he misleads people. Haven't watched his stuff in long time and don't plan to, but all the above I've shared is why I stopped watching his channel. Doesn't help that he called me a twat either, but hey, at least I got a good laugh :p

Last edited:
Anyone can read what I posted for themselves and come to their own conclusions. And lastly, nobody ever "voted" to unban you, the post you link on Reddit is voted 56%(horrible rating), and that's even after /r/amd brigade it.

And they can read what I wrote and they'll see that you're a habitual liar who changes the goalposts when called out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back