AdoredTV Discusses the Recent AMD Ryzen and Radeon 3000 Series Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

cageymaru

Fully [H]
AdoredTV has released a new video entitled "Ryzen 3000, Radeon 3000 Series LEAKS - It's Game On!" where he compares his trusted source of leaks to the "fake" leaks that were posted recently. He analyzes the differences in nomenclature and clock speed due to binning. Then he ties it all together into a video that every tech enthusiast needs to watch; with a big surprise at the end. It seems that Dr. Lisa Su's CES keynote will be... EPYC!

Buckle up.

Glad I held out on upgrading to 2700X from 2700K. Even if it's only half as good as portrayed, I'll be happy.

Awesome, Nvidia can keep their price gouging RTX bullshit. I'd really like a card from AMD that can beat a 1080ti, and cost around $500-$550.

Doesn't look like we're going that much performance, but a lower powered $250 card that's between the $500 and $800 RTX cards is pretty nice. Even if it's on par with the 2070, it still reinforces the fact that the only RTX card to buy is the Ti otherwise you can get similar performance at lower price points.

$250 for 1440p is pretty good though.

Sounds encouraging for those that need that kind of core count. My YouTube and vidya will do just fine on my hex core.

the absolute state of intel. did he say _faster_ clock speeds even? how did they let this happen? whats next- amds stock actually rises??? unbelievable.

AMD's stock doubled (from around $15ish to $34ish) in a 4 month period until recently retracing in the pullback of the entire market.

They've been on a roll stock wise. They just need some products to continue the push.

If this all pans out, then I'll be assuredly glad that I've put off my PC overhaul every year for the past few years.

I will be more than happy to go back to AMD.

I've been itching to upgrade/build new for years, but there has never been a great time. Between RAM prices, stagnating CPUs (bar the recent Zen/Zen+ shake up), and a ridiculously long in the tooth series of graphics cards (topped by a ridiculously expensive and poor value proposition RTX launch by nVidia), I could never really bring myself to do it. It was always just not worth it.

Now it looks like I'll triple my core count, increase my base clock frequency to my current (not maxed out, admittedly) all core overclock, and get GTX 1080 levels of performance for half the price of a 1080. If they release something faster I'd buy that instead.

Finally there is a "best value" sub-bracket in the performance bracket again.

If this is true, I will be sooo happy. That said, I've gotten my hopes way too high at pretty much every AMD launch in the past several years. I'll admit the products over the past 2 yrs have been a lot more tempting. But, again if this is true and we can get close or to 5ghz on AMD..... Then count me in. Can't wait to return to AMD but I don't want to lose performance in the process. Also, those Navi GPU's seem awesome. Will totally TACO the used GPU market lol. The miners must be nervous. If more rumors start supporting this, I could see the used GPU market get flooded the the floor drop on prices.

I watched this on my 4790k rig. I could swear, after the video was over, my little intel 4790 was trying harder...

I may be spending a lot of money on AMD in 2019.

I'd also like a good laptop option (both cpu/gpu) with AMD inside.

Thanks for linking to this.

Achh! A wee hieland coo!

3538990184_c877b03f52.jpg

This is great news on both fronts. The mid range Navi looks like it will be miners dream. GDDR6 cant come soon enough...:D

Its 8 core chiplets, so still only 2.
Ah, thought 8 core weren't happening with Zen2 since he didn't show SKUs with lower binned 8 core chiplets. There has to be a use for them. TR/Epyc maybe?

Last edited:
If this is even remotely true I can’t wait for PS5 and Xbox Next. I wanna see what a dialed in system using modern x86 parts can produce. Last gen we got stuck with jaguar cores which even then wasn’t at all exciting.

Stock time? I am all hype for a shift in the market in the favor of AMD, the new AMD build is going to be a reality!!!!!! :D

Last edited:
Wow indeed! I’ll be completely happy with a 12/24 CPU to double up the 2600 I’m running now.

AM4 platform may become legendary if most of the stuff in the video holds true.

Reactions: GHRTW
like this
every time I watch one of his videos, this is who I imagine talking...

View attachment 125245
You mean I didn’t just listen to Spud monologue for 25 minutes?

Interesting stuff. The R9 stuff seems a bit encroaching on threadripper territory but on the other hand they just keep pushing that territory higher as well. Stunned that AMD will be turning 50 though, had no clue they were that old.

You mean I didn’t just listen to Spud monologue for 25 minutes?

Interesting stuff. The R9 stuff seems a bit encroaching on threadripper territory but on the other hand they just keep pushing that territory higher as well. Stunned that AMD will be turning 50 though, had no clue they were that old.
A little dab of speed is just the ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back