adobe update

tonyyy

Limp Gawd
I'm so sick of having to do adobe software updates every frigging week! It just so damn annoying. ARGH

You can either disable the auto updater or you can use a product that has as many security holes as Swiss cheese.

"and that's why I use Foxit Reader."

^ waiting for this. Not saying I agree.

The last time I installed FoxIt, there were a bunch of ads with it that I didn't like and it made me go back to Adobe. That still the happening?

The only ads I see in Foxit is in the little rectange in the upper right and those are for their own products. I've seen no other ads (and that includes installing the updated version on a system yesterday). :confused:

You can either disable the auto updater or you can use a product that has as many security holes as Swiss cheese.

"and that's why I use Foxit Reader."

^ waiting for this. Not saying I agree.

Why do people say this. The more people that use a program the more holes are found. Pretty simple. If the same amount of people used Foxit im sure all its vulnerability would be found and probably have more.

Foxit has a strong following; arguably the most out of any PDF reader not made by Adobe. Likewise, Foxit plugs their holes a lot faster than Adobe.

The only computers I have Adobe Acrobat on actually need it (and the plugin support). Every other computer I have that can get by with just a reader - those all have Foxit Reader on them instead of Adobe Reader.

I hate that Adobe feels the need to place an icon on the desktop each and every time there's an update for Reader. Probably only really annoying to me since I don't do desktop icons at all.

I am not an Adobe fan either but I really did not like Fox-It and unfortunately a lot of my business software will not work with Fox-It at all so I am stuck with Adobe anyway.

But yes the constant Adobe updates lately have been a pain lately.

Greg

Yeah, the icon on the desktop is irritating considering most people don't even open Adobe before opening PDF's anyways.

But, Adobe Reader has the best compatibility with PDF's and by disabling the updater and the two startup applications, I don't see a negative in the program. Plus, the browser plug-ins are nice.

I did use Adobe Reader Lite before but I want the ability to run the update when a new version is out.

Why dont you turn off the updates... it is in preferences... havent seen that update icon in such a long time....

www.filehippo.com provides a download for Reader, Flash, and Shockwave. All three are full offline packages, so it avoids the need to install Adobe Downloader. It completely avoids the obtuse/bloatful installation method used by Adobe.com

if this forum had a rep system you'd have just gotten a point.

Just a quick glance says that site is full of win.

Back