Adobe Mail Merge, Input Data into PDF Form Fields...HOW???

fl4wless

Limp Gawd
I have a PDF template that has 16 interactive form fields on it. These same 16 form fields, called F1 through F16, actually appear 3 times each on the template (with the same tag name). Thus there are technically 48 fields on the document, but 16 unique ones. The document is one page in length...if that matters.

I have the field data (16 pieces) in a comma delimited txt file.

Eventually i will have 100's of these input files, and will like to create a batch process that merges each file with this template and print them.

What is the simplest way to do this data merge? I have searched online and found Solutions involving FDF input using PHP, but this doesn't seem trivial (no PHP experience, and the data isnt coming from an HTML form or anything, just a text file that is generated from a different application). I also read the following thread which suggests using Adobe JavaScript (the posts seems to be a similar question, but I was unable to get it to work): http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?128@@.3bbedaa6.3bc2e887

My Questions:
1) What is the easiest way to import my text file (my text file format can be changed if required) to fill the PDF form fields?

2) If it is the Adobe Javascript route (link above), does my comma delimited file need to associate each form field name (ie. F1="XXXXX", F2="YYYYY", etc) or does it import in tab order? Also, will the template know to fill in the second and third instances of the same field automatically, or will my input file require all 48 pieces of data (vs 16, as three fields are repeating)?

NOTES: The document was created in Acrobat Pro 7.0 (WinXP), Im willing to purchase a Acrobat Pro 8 license if required.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks