Adobe Installers for mac are fail

Oh4Sh0

2[H]4U
I switched a bunch of editors over to macs at work so we weren't going cross platform in our publishing and having issues from doing it. In the process, I gave them InDesign and InCopy CS4. Well, they didn't need those yet, but they do need the CS3 counterparts. So attempting to install those, InCopy CS3 or InDesign CS3 would ask me to "insert InDesign CS4" or "insert InCopy CS4" at least 10 times during the installation of shared components. It was ridiculous, I spent like 4 hours swapping disks 10-15 times on each machine for 5 editors.

You don't run into this issue installing CS3->CS4, but if you do them the other way around, be warned!

It would be nice if Adobe could just get on the boat of "Drag the folder to the Applications directory".. maybe someday...

It would be nice if Adobe could just get on the boat of "Drag the folder to the Applications directory".. maybe someday...

They use the "drag into app directory" for Adobe lightroom, but Photoshop is just too complex for this.
I read an article by the head engineer of adobe installers whom said that they've made a lot of mistakes in their installers and are going to try to fix them. Heres the article: http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2008/12/notes_from_installer_mgmt.html

Back