Adobe CS5.5 Scorching Student Deals

blade52x

2[H]4U
Edit: Looks to be dead, and possibly a "pricing error". For those of us who placed an order, good luck to us from here on out. :(

Ripped straight from SD because these prices are so DAMN HOT. SD Thread

80% Off Student and Teacher Edition Products (download) with coupon code SAVE80EDU (Expires 3/3)

Acrobat X Pro Student and Teacher Edition $23.80
Photoshop CS5 Extended Student and Teacher Edition $39.80
Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard Student and Teacher Edition $59.80
Creative Suite 5.5 Design Premium Student and Teacher Edition $89.80
Creative Suite 5.5 Production Premium Student and Teacher Edition $89.80
Creative Suite 5.5 Web Premium Student and Teacher Edition $89.80
Creative Suite 5.5 Master Collection Student and Teacher Edition $179.80

I believe CS6 is coming out soon, but at these prices... how could you not?!! Finally I can get back into my web development hobby. :D

Last edited:
Wow, nice! Probably going to spring for the Master Suite. But then the question becomes, for Windows or Mac? I have a PC desktop but a MacBook Pro...

Wow. I've never really used their software much, but I'm very tempted to get the Master Suite to get started. Coupon code appears to be good until Mar. 3.

Damn! They had absolutely crap deal for Adobe Premiere Pro a month ago so I settled for gabbing Premiere Elements off of ebay. Wish they would of had this deal going then!! :D

Is the license only valid while in school? I read the "activation" section, but didn't see anything specific.

i believe this requires .edu email address in order for it to work.

It is more than that. You will need to upload or e-mail proof of eligibility in the form of a student ID, transcript, etc.

Code:
After checkout, it'll transfer you to identit-e.com asking you to upload a proof of eligibility:
As proof of eligibility, please upload an image of your school issued ID.
ID must include your name, your school, and a current date.
Acceptable file formats: bmp, doc, gif, jpg, tiff, txt, pdf & png
Acceptable file size: 3MB or less

I got the Master edition last night from this posted to SD's front page. Awesome deal.

And yes, you CAN use this for commercial use. =)

It is more than that. You will need to upload or e-mail proof of eligibility in the form of a student ID, transcript, etc.

Code:
After checkout, it'll transfer you to identit-e.com asking you to upload a proof of eligibility:
As proof of eligibility, please upload an image of your school issued ID.
ID must include your name, your school, and a current date.
Acceptable file formats: bmp, doc, gif, jpg, tiff, txt, pdf & png
Acceptable file size: 3MB or less

Adobe always does this with their student pricing.

I already has Adobe CS on hand otherwise I'd jump for it.

If nothing else, this sale should probably show how willing people are to pay for their software when it is reasonably priced!

For what Photoshop and the other software is capable of, it's reasonable.

I'll be getting the Web Design Suite in a week or two.

I agree it is reasonable. However it could be argued that if $200 is the regular price then $60 is reasonable. But if $60 becomes the new regular price then $30 would be reasonable. I digress, I don't mean to start anything here :)
Either way this is a great deal.

As a newbie to these products, which package would you guys suggest for someone who has never dabbled in any of these programs?

NICE. My bro goes to RISD and this will be a perfect birthday present... which is also conveniently coming up in a month. thanks op :D

What a steal. Snagged Production Premium for $89.99. I really only do photo editing, and had recently been contemplating the $69.99 clearance deal on Lightroom 3. Photoshop CS5 alone ($39.99 here) is far more capable, and now I'll be set to go with Premiere if I ever get an HD camcorder.

Since I've survived with PS CS3 for the past ~4 years, I'm not sweating the fact that CS6 will drop soon. Really just hoping that the Identit-E process doesn't make me regret this. Purchased about 12 hours ago using my .edu address at a major state school and still haven't been validated...

The identit-e website just times out / connection resets on me, so I figure it will be a while before they accept my validation.

Oh man, just when I decided to go with Sony Vegas for my editing suite, this drops...I used FCP for years, but I don't have a Mac Pro now so it's out of the question.
I ruled out Avid, liked Vegas in the trial period and haven't ever seen Premiere in use. At this price though, it's very difficult to pass up. At least I have a little time to look into it.

The identit-e website just times out / connection resets on me, so I figure it will be a while before they accept my validation.

Ditto. I'm eligible without playing any games, but this is less than half what we charge for it internally for personal use, and that's like half what the normal EDU price is, so I bit. I cna verify whatever they want, but the site is borked. At least the submit proof link is in your order history so retrying form home shouldn't bee too big a PITA.

Is getting discs shipped worth an extra $5.95?

Oh, by the way, the code works on the disc version too, just pay $5.95 for shipping. haha...

Edit: Oh and 7% cash back using a Capital One rewards card, nice! That will cover the shipping with enough left over for a cheeseburger! :D

Last edited:
Is getting discs shipped worth an extra $5.95?

Oh, by the way, the code works on the disc version too, just pay $5.95 for shipping. haha...

I have no idea if they include printed documentation and the boxes or if they're just loose discs. I guess if it had printed material with it then maybe I'd want them, but in reality I'd never use the discs for installing.

I got the Master Collection and just chose the digital distribution option rather than getting the DVDs. My reasoning is that the Master Collection is a multi DVD install so I would have to keep an eye on the install to swap the discs and the install process will be quicker off a sata3 hdd compared to a DVD drive. In my past experience installing Adobe software can take a very long time so I really just wanted the option that would let me start the install and walk away while it did its thing.

For those having trouble with validation while the site is experiencing heavy load, you may want to consider installing the 30-day trial and just activating once you've got your key.

In for one Master Collection shipped. Too cheap to pass on. Thx op.

I placed my order, now I just need to get through the verification process. I opted for the DVD's shipped just so that I have them. I wish it would give you both options. It would be nice to have both copies.

Damn, that master collection is quite tempting... Any limitations in capability compared to the non student/teacher versions?

Damn, that master collection is quite tempting... Any limitations in capability compared to the non student/teacher versions?

As far as I know these are full versions without any limitations other than the student verification process and the ridiculously low price. Normally the CS5.5 Student Master Collection is 899.

As far as I know these are full versions without any limitations other than the student verification process and the ridiculously low price. Normally the CS5.5 Student Master Collection is 899.

Verification shouldn't be a problem. I think I just might go for it. I don't really need everything in the master collection, but at that price, why not?

What do they mean by "current date" though? My school doesn't issue us new IDs unless for some reason the old one stops scanning. Mine is still from my freshman year (I'm a junior right now)

Verification shouldn't be a problem. I think I just might go for it. I don't really need everything in the master collection, but at that price, why not?

What do they mean by "current date" though? My school doesn't issue us new IDs unless for some reason the old one stops scanning. Mine is still from my freshman year (I'm a junior right now)

Mines also 3 years old. Anyone have issues?

I have no idea if they include printed documentation and the boxes or if they're just loose discs. I guess if it had printed material with it then maybe I'd want them, but in reality I'd never use the discs for installing.

I got the Master Collection and just chose the digital distribution option rather than getting the DVDs. My reasoning is that the Master Collection is a multi DVD install so I would have to keep an eye on the install to swap the discs and the install process will be quicker off a sata3 hdd compared to a DVD drive. In my past experience installing Adobe software can take a very long time so I really just wanted the option that would let me start the install and walk away while it did its thing.

Good points. I usually copy discs (like Office) on to my hard drive for faster install after a Windows re-install, but I guess I could just split the file and burn it anyway. Then again, I guess I can always re-download it if needed too (probably best with drive space being at a bit of a premium right now). Ok, I guess I'll save the $6 lol

Back