Admins: Inventory solutions

XOR != OR

[H]F Junkie
I'm looking around at various bar coding inventory applications, and I was hoping to draw on the experience of some admins here. What do you all use? I've been looking at Wasp: http://www.waspbarcode.com/inventory_control/

I'd love to hear from everyone about their personal experiences, both good and bad, for whatever you use.

They used wasp at my old job, we didn't specifically use it for IT but just inventory for everything. As far as scanning and tracking it seemed to work fine...printing labels and such is going to be a pain sometimes with any system just because of the precision feeding and flimsy paper and alignment.

Where I work we use Cribmaster (made by a company called WinWare down in Marietta, GA). We don't inventory IT assets, but tooling and components for aerospace manufacturing, although it'd track anything you wanted. It might be better for bench stock, and high quantity items, but they have several solutions. I'm not sure if you're trying to inventory spare components, or actual assets in the field. We use barcoding, and a 802.11g enabled handheld scanner that runs windows mobile so you can issue and track your stock on any item from anywhere. It's actually a real slick system, will even automatically cut a PO when you hit your min stock level on an item.

I probably have some product information kicking around and some contacts at the company. If you're interested, PM me.

Back