AdLib soundcard Original 1990 with Box

Discussion in 'eBay Auctions' started by erek, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Absalom

Absalom Gawd

Looks real enough to me. Seems to be in great shape too. Has the original box, manuals, etc. too. Nice.

Could be repaired though. Not sure why they painted over the IC labels in the lower right? Was that typical of AdLibs of the day?

erek likes this.
  2. Mode13

Mode13 Gawd

Yep, mine was like that as well. That was adlib trying to hide their "secret sauce" (the chip is the Yamaha YM3812 - totally common in mid to late 80s midi keyboards)... They did that from at least 1987 to 1990 until the sound blaster 1.0 came around.

erek likes this.
  3. harmattan

harmattan [H]ardness Supreme

Agreed. A few makers etched out the YM chip labels. I'm not really sure why as everyone knew they were YM3812 chips at the time, if memory serves.

That box and inserts sure brings back fond memories. Had that box shelved at eye level on my parents desk for a good part of the early 90s :)

The card itself looks right to me (although I haven't seen one for years)

4. jardows

jardows [H]ard|Gawd

Yikes! I understand the nostalgia, but over $500 USD worth? Am I missing something, or is this really just for collectors with lots of money?

5. Zuul

Zuul Gawd

oh man...to think if I hung on to all the stuff I've owned since the 8086 I had I could be a thousaneer.

auntjemima likes this.
  6. Halon

Halon Limp Gawd

It's getting to be like this for old computer hardware... You could get a GTX 2080 Super and a nice wad of RAM for the asking price of one S3 DeltaChrome.

auntjemima likes this.