adelphia cable

legcramp

[H]F Junkie
woottt omg...hehe i got in the mail yesterday from adelphia...they upgraded my cable internet from the original 3mb down 256k up to the new 6mb down and 768k up :) woot nice...

aZn_plyR said:
woottt omg...hehe i got in the mail yesterday from adelphia...they upgraded my cable internet from the original 3mb down 256k up to the new 6mb down and 768k up :) woot nice...
Where are you located?

Yeah, I just got one of those letters in the mail today. So, I ran to a few speed check sites to find out. My up is definately better than it was but the down looks about the same. Maybe they are half done :) .

Nice boost. The major gripe I still have with Comcast is the crappy upload. I have 4 down/384 up, used to be 3 down/256 up.

Be even nicer when they do docsis 2.0
I have been on the 'upgraded' config for awhile now, but still getting same download rate.
I'm getting better uploads but still under 3mbit download... course I do need to clean up my wires. Might be interference. A friend 1mile away gets 4mbit+ downloads.

grrr hehe i tried it but only for 2mb download..maybe this is because I am on a router with 3 computers :)

Well actually that was my speed about 2 days ago..now its gone down for me to about 4000 down and 454 up. I guess they're not done with the upgrade.

hey what is a mac address? can you give me an example? cuz i think i know a way to get cable internet for free!

It simple, all you need is the config from the tftp server, and have a patched modem.
But its still stealing cable which is illegal. Sooo go here: http://www.tcniso.net/
Anything illegal is not allowed on the [H]forums.

BTW The speed upgrades sure are nice.
http://speedtest.adelphia.net
My download is always over 575kbytes/sec now & no more lag downloading @ 250+kbyte/s and gaming in CS.

BillLeeLee said:
Nice boost. The major gripe I still have with Comcast is the crappy upload. I have 4 down/384 up, used to be 3 down/256 up.
They are doing the same upgrade as aldephia did; just taking it a bit longer to roll out.

Back