Adding Facebook like button to my site

Red Squirrel

[H]F Junkie
I added a facebook "like" button to my site's article section, so each article has it's own like button. I figured this may help get more traffic.

However, when you click on it, it just does some kind of endless loop, anyone know why? I got the code directly from Facebook, all I did is add php to make the link dynamic on a per article bassis. Here's an example:

http://www.iceteks.com/articles.php/dynsig2/1

It's near the bottom of the page. Is there more to it than I think?

Also, while we're at it, the Google +1 button does not work either.

I liked it. It worked for me. I don't see it when i check my facebook though.

On the webpage it says i like this and give me the option to unlike. I don't see what endless loop your talking about. Explain when you get the loop

Internet Explorer 8.0.07601.17514

Hmm odd, maybe it's my browser then. I wonder if noscript conflicts with it, I've seen that happen where even if you allow the site it still conflicts.

Edit: Ok apparently I need to allow 3rd party cookies for it to work. This is bad design imo, I'm sure lot of people turn that off too.

Hmm odd, maybe it's my browser then. I wonder if noscript conflicts with it, I've seen that happen where even if you allow the site it still conflicts.

Edit: Ok apparently I need to allow 3rd party cookies for it to work. This is bad design imo, I'm sure lot of people turn that off too.

on by default in my internet explorer settings. It finally did show up on my profile page too. :)

Try Addthis. Signup and you can customize it on their site and just cut and past the code onto your site.

Most people don't even know they can change their browser's home page.

Back