Adaped a thermalright silver arrow TR4 to my socket AM4 board

I would not actually recommend doing this mod. it was an enormous pain getting the adapeter plate right.

3950 [email protected] GHz. RAM@3200 Radeon VII

IMG_20200331_194356.jpg

I wonder if it is worth it vs the NH-D15, I mean kudos for trying it but... Did it help at all?

well, my temps and speed are good. folding@home is pretty well the only thing that keeps the processor at full load, and running continuously temps stay below 75C using precision boost.

i have a positive history with thermalright going back to when i last built performance systems. I would have preferred to run the T-8, however it was not available in Canada.

Now I'm kind of tempted... that said I have no reason to upgrade from my NH-D15S... :-/

Now I'm kind of tempted... that said I have no reason to upgrade from my NH-D15S... :-/
the fan noise under load is hard to live with.

Idle is fine, even gaming hardly strains this processor so that's fine too.

that NH-D15S fan spins about 1000 RPM slower. much quieter.

Nice All-AMD rig! VII is sexy as hell. Love seeing people still doing whacky mods like this. Considering making similar for my vega to mount a an arctic accelero 3 lol.

Nice All-AMD rig! VII is sexy as hell. Love seeing people still doing whacky mods like this. Considering making similar for my vega to mount a an arctic accelero 3 lol.
you term this little mod wacky.......and i have a bit of a chuckle myself.

i hope that you try that air cooling retrofit. i've seen people post very positive results from that type of mod.

back around 2003-2005 i built a thermoelectric watercooled setup into a lian-li 6077 case. 80W TEC on the GPU, 226W TEC on the CPU. 2x240 rads to get the heat out.

i bent over backwards to keep that system going.

i need a simple air cooled build like this one to ease back into performance computing.

Back