Adam Sessler leaves Rev3

Me too, but I can understand where hes coming from. The industry has changed alot and I can see where someone could be fed up.

Me too, but I can understand where hes coming from. The industry has changed alot and I can see where someone could be fed up.

Yeah the thing that gets me too is every other site is always tying to incite this need for a fan boy console war and that was never his thing that's why I preferred his views and game incites.

Yeah the thing that gets me too is every other site is always tying to incite this need for a fan boy console war and that was never his thing that's why I preferred his views and game incites.

I agree this fanboy shit makes me sick. Its not just consoles the PC has them as well. I just don't understand why someone can't enjoy games on different platforms. The whole fanboy shit irritates me like its their job to get people to join their cause.

IMHO one of the only 'honest' reviewers left (along with Yahtzee and Jim Sterling [and thank God for him :D]).

I can get his apathy for the industry for sure...hope he stays in there in some capacity though because he's got a great mind.

That's too bad. Sessler was the best part of that crew. He is intelligent and clearly passionate about the industry. A lot of the "older" reviewers that I really grew to like and respect have left (or in the case of Ryan Davis, died). The Giant Bomb crew is about all that's left of the collection of reviewers that got me into reading reviews and thinking about games more critically and deeply. I guess Jim Sterling as well, but I only got into his writing in the last few years.

I wonder what Sessler will do next. I could see him moving to development or maybe some kind of producer role at a publisher. It doesn't happen as much any more but for a while developers and publishers really liked hiring people like Sess.

A good time to make a move in my opinion, ever since this generation started it's been down hill. He is a smart guy I'm sure he will do fine.

I'll miss him. One of the few reviewers that had a real passion for video games.

Its one thing to entertain a sympathetic to the industry opinion but to eclipse the buyer's viewpoint isn't any better than appealing to fanboys.

He was bad for Rev3. He killed all the shows that didn't feature him. And because you can run that many shows and be different and original they often seemed alike. Killed Destructoid which was mildly enjoyable to watch and probably was balanced in calling bs on the industry when they deserved it but didn't go overboard with it. It was like Rev3's number one or two show. So ending it didn't make any sense at all.

Its one thing to entertain a sympathetic to the industry opinion but to eclipse the buyer's viewpoint isn't any better than appealing to fanboys.

He was bad for Rev3. He killed all the shows that didn't feature him. And because you can run that many shows and be different and original they often seemed alike. Killed Destructoid which was mildly enjoyable to watch and probably was balanced in calling bs on the industry when they deserved it but didn't go overboard with it. It was like Rev3's number one or two show. So ending it didn't make any sense at all.

Yea that was the point of my comment. He has a very robust history but for whatever reason he started going downhill after the next-gen announcements.

Annoying, grating, and anything but genuine.... and that was my impression of him back in his X-Play days.

Looking at his more recent 'work' I just feel sorry for him.... he's kinda sad, really. It's almost like he's trying desperately to stay relevant in an age that's long since passed him by. And this is coming from someone who's fast approaching the age of 39....

I wonder what Kate Botello and Morgan Webb are up to these days?

Annoying, grating, and anything but genuine.... and that was my impression of him back in his X-Play days.

Looking at his more recent 'work' I just feel sorry for him.... he's kinda sad, really. It's almost like he's trying desperately to stay relevant in an age that's long since passed him by. And this is coming from someone who's fast approaching the age of 39....

I wonder what Kate Botello and Morgan Webb are up to these days?

He played a character on X-Play. The powers that be at both TechTV and later G4 forced them both to play characters. If you watch his web videos from towards the later days of his time on G4 you will see more of his passion for the industry shine through. He works his ass off at anything he was asked to do. Rev3 ran him ragged at E3 last year but you can still see that passion in his Sessler Something series.

According to Wikipedia Kate has a radio show in Michigan and a podcast called Weird News Radio. Morrigan apparently works at Activision as a consultant and creative advisor and she is or was the producer and host of Blizzard's WoW Source.

Back