Adam Savage Steps Into NVIDIA’s VR Funhouse

HardOCP News

[H] News
NVIDIA has posted a video today of Adam Savage trying out VR Funhouse. You'll remember that these were the same demos that NVIDIA showed off in Austin when the company announced the GeForce GTX 1080. The PCs running the demos at the event were running three GeForce GTX 1080 cards, two in SLI and one for physics.

Isn't it awesome that all these people have the card when and show them off and consumers can't buy them even though they shoved it down your throat for the last month telling you how great it is.

Isn't it awesome that all these people have the card when and show them off and consumers can't buy them even though they shoved it down your throat for the last month telling you how great it is.

I agree, it could almost make a person go into a FURY!

Based on the demo, it looks like it will be the next generation (1180?) before there's a single-card solution that is truly "VR-Ready".

This video was fun and interesting, and Adam is a likable host as always, but it sure does carry a certain undertone of "The show that that made me rich and famous is over, and I will show up anywhere if you pay me. Please, somebody pay me!"

They went on sale today FWIW.

So this makes me wonder.. I have a 970 and I want to buy a 1080.. I wouldn't want to SLI them because as I understand it the 1080 would be reduced to the 970 speeds in SLI mode correct?

Since the 970 is still a good card and not ready for the junk pile can I leave the card in the computer NOT in SLI mode and have the 1080 do graphics and the 970 be dedicated Physix processing?

Would I see a performance boost since the physix would be offloaded off the 1080 and onto the 970?

Back