actually BF2 Patch out now

I can't find a server that works. The first file I got was corrupt. Poop.

*edit* Actually got it from a link further down the first page of the BF2s forums link. 81.5MB's in just over four minutes for the incremental patch. Not bad....now to see how it plays. */edit*

I'm getting it now. Should be interesting to see how well the changes work.

why isn't it on ea's site yet :x i'll wait for the official announcement

is there a changelog somewhere?

wahoyaho said:
why isn't it on ea's site yet :x i'll wait for the official announcement

is there a changelog somewhere?

From another thread:
* Dolphin Diving is no longer possible
* Players can no longer jump and shoot at the same time
* Prone Spamming is now fixed
* Sprint exploit is now fixed
* Helicopter now carry 8 missiles rather than 14
* TV-Guided missile now have a shorter range
* Damage decreased from M134
* Hit points on all air vehicles has been reduced
* AA missile lock has been improved
* All support kit weapons have been adjusted
* All Sniper rifles have been adjusted
* Sa80 has been adjusted
* G3A3 has been adjusted
* Reload while sprinting has been enabled
* Medic defibrillator paddles have been adjusted. They now reload while not in use.
* SCAR-L reload sound has been fixed
* Server setting to allow friendly fire to be off on mines without affecting other weapons.
* Server search filters now work properly
* Mines can no longer be destroyed with other explosives
* Bug in MP7 fire rate fixed. Ammo count increased and mag count and damage decreased
* Flash bang effect radius decreased
* Added unlocks for Sniper and AT kits
* Fixed a bug in terrain rendering with night vision, whereby terrain was still dark in dark areas.
* Fixed a bug whereby mods that are not bf2 or not xpack permutate shaders every time a level is loaded.
* Fixed a bug whereby non-xpack mods cannot use xpack shaders.
* Fixed bug in TV guided missiles of Havoc helicopter
* The LAV25 now no longer shoots through penetrable materials.
* Vehicles no longer disappear when viewed from some vehicles with a HUD (e.g. Tanks).
* Performance gain found in static mesh rendering.
* Detonation radius from grenade launcher explosions has been reduced.
* Grenade launcher projectiles now have a minimum distance.
* Fixed bug with capturing a flag from outside of the flag radius.
* Fixed map selection screen issue on Wetlands
* Being able to pass through walls using a spinning tank turret has been fixed. It has also been address on all rotating vehicle positions just to be safe.
* Tanks taking damage from the terrain has been reduced
* The Red/Blue nametag bug has been addressed
* The disappearance of tank projectiles and grenade launcher projectiles during online play has been improved and should occur less frequently
* The distance for throwing hand grenade, ammo packs, and health packs has been increased

I don't know what the problem is but now I get the same error I was getting when I was patching to 1.12, "memory doesn't seem sane" error.

I spent 3 days installing/uninstalling BF2 and BF2:SF countless times on both of my main machines. I finally got it to work by copying my brothers content directory to my machine.
Sometimes I wish BF2 was delivered and updated via STEAM!!!!, since I have had no issues with any of the games and updates done via STEAM.

WS6 said:
I don't know what the problem is but now I get the same error I was getting when I was patching to 1.12, "memory doesn't seem sane" error.

I spent 3 days installing/uninstalling BF2 and BF2:SF countless times on both of my main machines. I finally got it to work by copying my brothers content directory to my machine.
Sometimes I wish BF2 was delivered and updated via STEAM!!!!, since I have had no issues with any of the games and updates done via STEAM.

have you tried running system stability checks? its quite possible that your memory or cpu are corrupt in some way

You could try redownloading it. Some people's patches were corrupt and re-dling it worked.

pain.angel said:
have you tried running system stability checks? its quite possible that your memory or cpu are corrupt in some way

I haven't ran any stabilty checks, but I was getting the same exact error on 2 different machines, both run very stable, and my main machine is running at stock speeds again.
I am installing the large patch now and see how well that works. If I get the same error I'll just wait till my brother patches his and if his runs I'll copy his content directory again.

Some of the fixes do not make sense at all.

For example, "Reload while sprinting has been enabled" - how hard would it be in real life to be running full speed and reloading a gun???? Very hard.

Yet.....with the new patch you can no longer jump and shoot....which in real life wouldn't be hard to do at all.

Hulk said:
Some of the fixes do not make sense at all.

For example, "Reload while sprinting has been enabled" - how hard would it be in real life to be running full speed and reloading a gun???? Very hard.

Yet.....with the new patch you can no longer jump and shoot....which in real life wouldn't be hard to do at all.

reload while sprinting isn't too hard if you are just swapping magazines.

Shooting while jumping works well in the movies (John Woo uses this a lot in his films), but no one does it in the real world.
Imagine back in teh wild west when they are having thier little duels and they start jumping around trying to shoot each other.

cool patched it last night. from nzone.com way faster then the 7kb i was getting @ EA

Hulk said:
I dont know about you but if I were being shot at in real life and I was turning tail, Id sure as hell get my gun reloaded while I was "strategically retreating."

Has anyone else noticed AF not working after installing this patch? I have it set to 16X in the driver but it doesn't seem to be applied in game. It worked great before the patch.

Hmm... the game seems a lot funner with the weaker aircrafts, good to know they won't always be around. And I love the new sniper gun L96A2, the accuracy so far has been improved by a whole lot.

I love the new sniper! I killed some guy took his kit and he had the new gun. Saw a guy up on a hill, didn't even take time to aim just zoomed and killed him in a second its awesome!

I love the weaker aircrafts, no more raping the aircraft carrier with planes.

Back