Activision's GoldenEye Wii and DS remake leaked

eeyrjmr

[H]ardness Supreme
http://www.destructoid.com/ooops-activision-s-goldeneye-wii-and-ds-remake-leaked-175549.phtml

For many, GoldenEye was the turning point for first-person shooters on consoles, and in many ways defined the Nintendo 64-era of gaming. Since then, publishers and developers haven't been able to capture the same magic of Rare's original. So what do you do? You remake it, apparently.

According to a leaked survey, Activision will be releasing a new version of GoldenEye for the Wii, "developed from the ground up" to take "advantage of the latest technology to deliver the same intense experience with today's graphics and physics." The title will supposedly "modernize" the classic story, placing Daniel Craig in the role of Bond. The survey suggests that many (if not all) of the originals areas from the N64 title will return, along with its weapons and four-player split-screen. The game will reportedly support 8-player online matches, as well.

OMG if true!!!
this game almost ruined my 1st year at uni

Goldeneye was also a game of it's time, a 1996 era game that won't neccessarily be as ground breaking anymore in the modern age. Since it's on Wii, the gameplay mechanic will also be different from what most remember. It's too bad the original Rare team is not responisible for this.

Goldeneye was also a game of it's time, a 1996 era game that won't neccessarily be as ground breaking anymore in the modern age. Since it's on Wii, the gameplay mechanic will also be different from what most remember. It's too bad the original Rare team is not responisible for this.

It's a game that suffers extremely badly from nostalgia syndrome. If you just go back and play it some time you'll go "wait, why the fuck did I like this game so much?"

Yeah, Goldeneye and Perfect Dark have not aged well.

I had the N64 hooked up for something about a year ago and was trying to figure out how we lost a year of life to two games.

A remake on a modern engine would go a long ways though. I don't think I would play this however. Putting Daniel Craig in Goldeneye is just wrong.

Of course it will be the same boards and characters. Lazy developers and constant rehashing have become the Wii's trademark. I played punchout for the wii and beat it in 20 mins. 95% of it was the exact same game from 20 years ago.

cause it was the best mp fps on a console (maybe the only) at the time

And Doom revolutionized the FPS genre. That doesn't make it a good idea to faithfully remake Doom and start playing it again. The point is that with our enlightened future space brains, we have the ability to look at things from the past and say "this sucks" without letting nostalgia cloud our judgment.

Wii and DS huh. Oh well its not a remake would have been good anyway.

It's going to support the classic controller so at least we won't be pointing at the screen to shoot stuff.

9e4e2acd.png

The Perfect Dark remake for Xbox360 is awesome... but one of the reasons it's so great is the HD remaster. Not sure how that'd turn out on the Wii with goldeneye.

I played the new GoldenEye at E3.. it was well ... ok I guess. There wasn't any kind of line and I saw 2 kiosks at most for the game. The most I saw was 4 people watching at once. :(

Yea, you must have missed it. It's stated in post #11.

Maybe you need some more reading lessons. Nowhere in that post is anyone claiming the wii is HD all he did was mention the HD remake of perfect dark...

Maybe you need some more reading lessons. Nowhere in that post is anyone claiming the wii is HD all he did was mention the HD remake of perfect dark...

He never claimed the Wii is HD and I never said that he did.............

Your wrong to say that the only thing he mentioned was the HD remaster of Perfect Dark, for right AFTER that he said he wasn't sure how the HD remaster of Goldeneye would turn out on the Wii. Look at the term Hydralisk used in his post, "that'd". What is this term referring to? It has to be HD remasters. It's the only thing in his post it would make since to be referring to. So next time before you post don't go bitching at people saying that they made claims that they didn't make, thanks. ;)

He never claimed the Wii is HD and I never said that he did.............

Your wrong to say that the only thing he mentioned was the HD remaster of Perfect Dark, for right AFTER that he said he wasn't sure how the HD remaster of Goldeneye would turn out on the Wii. Look at the term Hydralisk used in his post, "that'd". What is this term referring to? It has to be HD remasters. It's the only thing in his post it would make since to be referring to. So next time before you post don't go bitching at people saying that they made claims that they didn't make, thanks. ;)

Um. No he didnt. Im not going to argue with you dude. You are content putting words in peoples mouths and assuming way too damn much so there is no sense in trying to reason with you.

You assume too damn much.

Release Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, & Conkers Bad Fur Day & I'll buy the new 3DS... Until then, I'll continue building a portable N64

I'm looking at some screenshots of this game... I don't really know what to think about it. It seems like they've not just remastered the game in a new engine, they've updated everything about it, adding things that didn't even exist during the time period the original game/movie was set.

I think they're trying too hard.

Well, if they mess up the games, theres always just sticking to the classics. Or you can download Perfect Dark Source & Goldeneye Source for the PC. I've tried Perfect Dark Source - very well made.

Its for Steam, if you have a copy of the source engine.

Well, if they mess up the games, theres always just sticking to the classics.

As has been said it's best left being thought of as a 'classic' cos if you go back and play it now it'll kill all sense of nostalia. It's fookin' awful to play today.

Um. No he didnt. Im not going to argue with you dude. You are content putting words in peoples mouths and assuming way too damn much so there is no sense in trying to reason with you.

You assume too damn much.

When did I put words in people's mouth? I didn't. Next B.S. complain?

2 things will make me buy this
1. the same maps as the original
2. when you get hit with fire you still go KSHH-WHOO

This will be bad for two reasons.
1) Its on the Wii. I have yet to really play a good FPS on it. And it isn't exactly a hardware powerhouse...
2) Daniel Craig as Bond? Really?

Wasn't a group of people remaking Goldeneye using the Source Engine?

1) Its on the Wii. I have yet to really play a good FPS on it. And it isn't exactly a hardware powerhouse...

Daniel Craig is the best bond since Connery. Brosnan was the worst of them all.

Daniel Craig is the best bond since Connery. Brosnan was the worst of them all.

I'll agree that Craig is 2nd best, I can't said Brosnan was the worst. But that is a debate for another time at another place.

Anyway, the original game had Brosnan in it. If they really want to tribute the original game in this remake you would think the'd get Brosnan in it. Either way, it's on the Wii so I could care less. I haven't touched mine in probably a year. The controller and console has a nice layer of dust on it.

Yeah there is a playable beta out currently, it is essentially the same game as the original not a remake like this Wii version.

Well, if they mess up the games, theres always just sticking to the classics. Or you can download Perfect Dark Source & Goldeneye Source for the PC. I've tried Perfect Dark Source - very well made.

Its for Steam, if you have a copy of the source engine.

Dude WTF! They finally released a playable version? Sweet.

1. Metroid on Wii is a good fps. have you tried it?
2. I know this is very very retarded. Goldeneye was Peirce's mission, not Craig or Timothy's it just seems a pathetic attempt to promote the new Bond Movie or something.
3. I wouldn't call it a remake or Goldeneye, it has no singleplayer and you can't blow up chairs by shooting them. It's more like a texture/character mod with a few (now many at all) custom levels.

I am skeptical just because it's the Wii, but I will buy it on the assumption that it will hold my attention at least a little bit like the original.

I am skeptical just because it's the Wii, but I will buy it on the assumption that it will hold my attention at least a little bit like the original.

It's not as if the Wii doesn't get amazing games because it does. It's not a coincidence that Nintendo has been a player in the console race since 1984. All of their systems have amazing games. (Ok VirtualBoy only has 2 amazing games but that's a bad example :p )

GoldenEye is only good for the N64. Besides, I was reading about it and watching the gameplay and I think Daniel Craig plays as James Bond. Really? C'mon.

[Classified];1036167692 said:
GoldenEye is only good for the N64. Besides, I was reading about it and watching the gameplay and I think Daniel Craig plays as James Bond. Really? C'mon.

Makes me wonder if there is going to be another goldeneye movie with him instead of Brosnan.

Makes me wonder if there is going to be another goldeneye movie with him instead of Brosnan.

There won't be. I know they remade Thunderball but that was a flop and they aren't going to repeat that game mistake again.

Back