Activision Is Selling a Single Dot in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 for $1

I've been watching Youtuber Eight Thoughts, he has been absolutely ripping on COD BO4, its funny as hell.

Except for those times where Wall Street doesn’t understand the product and the business suffers because they’re ignoring their customers.

Having said that, the companies are making millions of dollars on this type of crap, so the problem is, according to the money they’re making, the ARE listening to their customers, because people are still paying for it. Solution? Play something else, vote with your wallet. EA got hammered for Battlefront II and ended up doing a completely different strategy for BFV as a result. Expansion packs are free, all DLC and micro transactions are cosmetic only. Their customer said they didn’t want it and EA was forced to adapt on the next release.

Meanwhile people are bitching because AAA titles don't work on Linux, and naturally that means Linux is shit for gaming.

Joke's on them, they want to play shit games. You can have Windows. I'll be having fun for $30/title, all inclusive.

"AAA" == $80 ticket price + more for "DLC" (content that should have been included in the first place)

you do realise that DLC is worked on when the Art team is finished right?
you have a 100 artists, when they are done with the final art passes before post production (optimization, code clean up etc) they start working on DLC, whilst others start working on another EA/Ubisoft Game( did you think only Far Cry artists work on Far Cry), when its complete some will help the Division, Ghost Recon etc.

Same thing with Rockstar, you thought the entire art team worked on all the GTA V DLC, majority of them started working on RDR2, before GTAV was Complete.

Same with EA bar the Sports title's (Madden/Fifa).

CoD: BO5

<Press square to reload>

"This action will cost $0.30/rd. Please use the analog stick to indicate the desired number of rounds."

What we need is micro-transactions form the movie "Gamer."
But... BUT, I need that game play to go a long with those prices.

Remember when accessing these sorts of options used to be standard with games?

Remember when accessing these sorts of options used to be standard with games?
Back in my day..... Yeah this microtransactions/ lootbox and PTW is working out great money wise, ain't going nowhere anytime soon sadly.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Satire needs to get off its lazy ass because it's getting transcended on all sides.

Forum should be called [H]ard Complainers.

What's the point of complaining if you aren't rock hard while doing so? Only those complaining about complainers are flaccid.

Two quarters? I remember games requiring one quarter and only the really "fancy" games like Dragon's Lair required more. :)
'member when getting a black eye asking for a quarter, and then walking through a blizzard, bare feet, nothing but a wet blanket smelling of urine, while dragging your baby brother on a piece of plastic bag, and then giving blowjobs at the bar to get quarters? Yeah me neither. But I've dropped many a coin in 1942 machines.

You want to get totally owned by people play this game you will be Hazed by the best low pingers and super fast reflex skills I stopped playing for unknown reasons.

'member when getting a black eye asking for a quarter, and then walking through a blizzard, bare feet, nothing but a wet blanket smelling of urine, while dragging your baby brother on a piece of plastic bag, and then giving blowjobs at the bar to get quarters? Yeah me neither. But I've dropped many a coin in 1942 machines.

The first video game I ever played was Space Invaders, and I think it was around 1979 or so. I can remember it like it happened yesterday - it was in a movie theater and I was completely blown away. I don't remember what movie I saw, but I do remember the game very well.

EDIT: I noticed your sig - do you still run the Commodore machines? I've got a VIC 20, C64, C128, Amiga 2000, and Amiga 3000 which are all in working order still. The A3000 is the only machine of the group where I wasn't the original owner.

Reactions: Zuul
like this
I'll sell you a box for .50c?

dots-candy-theater-packs-125591-ic1.jpg

The first video game I ever played was Space Invaders, and I think it was around 1979 or so. I can remember it like it happened yesterday - it was in a movie theater and I was completely blown away. I don't remember what movie I saw, but I do remember the game very well.

EDIT: I noticed your sig - do you still run the Commodore machines? I've got a VIC 20, C64, C128, Amiga 2000, and Amiga 3000 which are all in working order still. The A3000 is the only machine of the group where I wasn't the original owner.
Yeah all of them are in working order, I am not the original owner to any of them sadly. My first was a Spectrum rubber key 48k and I remember I was constantly swapping out the keyboard membrane due to overheating (of the voltage regulator 7805 not the Zilog z80)

Yeah all of them are in working order, I am not the original owner to any of them sadly. My first was a Spectrum rubber key 48k and I remember I was constantly swapping out the keyboard membrane due to overheating (of the voltage regulator 7805 not the Zilog z80)

Very cool. I had the carpet replaced in my computer room a couple years ago and boxed them all up, but I’ve been really feeling the need to bring them back out for some retro gaming.

Reactions: Zuul
like this
Yes Activision continue to over monetize while killing off/ignoring beloved IP that will stop your stock free fall.

Satire needs to get off its lazy ass because it's getting transcended on all sides.

What's the point of complaining if you aren't rock hard while doing so? Only those complaining about complainers are flaccid.

I made that comment last year. You need to let things go. :p

Thanks, I bought a group pack for the clan to use.

I'm joking but Microtransactions are funny and sad at the same time.

If you're not having any fun, you're doing it wrong. Life is too short for much else.

or the recent games are not much fun these days (how does one do Andromeda wrong?)... hoping Metro Exodus will peak my interest once again

Thanks, I bought a group pack for the clan to use.

I'm joking but Microtransactions are funny and sad at the same time.

JNhU5Tt.gif

You get a dot! You get a dot! YOU get a dot! You defiantly get a dot! Dots for everybody!

1942 was an easy game to beat on one quarter.
1943, on the other hand...

It's only a bad idea if it doesn't sell. However there's a 100% chance that people are buying it.

It's only a bad idea if it doesn't sell. However there's a 100% chance that people are buying it.
Yes, chance is always 100% operative.
Its not the same as a guarantee.

While I do know that is the case, it's not always the case.

The 0-day DLC is what I'm not okay with. Wherein content ships on a disc (or downloads with the client) which you can't use until you pay even more.

It's a fine line, I understand, but as a gamer I want to be able to play all the content that ships at release, not have it unlocked down the road. (as opposed to later DLC which fully adds new content and data)

you do realise that DLC is worked on when the Art team is finished right?
you have a 100 artists, when they are done with the final art passes before post production (optimization, code clean up etc) they start working on DLC, whilst others start working on another EA/Ubisoft Game( did you think only Far Cry artists work on Far Cry), when its complete some will help the Division, Ghost Recon etc.

Same thing with Rockstar, you thought the entire art team worked on all the GTA V DLC, majority of them started working on RDR2, before GTAV was Complete.

Same with EA bar the Sports title's (Madden/Fifa).

Back