Activision Blizzard Pulls Out of NVIDIA GeForce Now Game Streaming Service

How many people actually use this service? I think it's around 300,000 but the data was from 2019? How long do people stay on the service to care about reporting a problem? Also lets not ignore my previous post where I showed you a plethora of complaints on Reddit.

Again, you want to ignore my previous post where it shows people are complaining. Only reason I didn't post more was because I got tired of copy and pasting. I don't know about warning people not to use GFN because I don't think people care enough to make a stink about it. As of yet neither Gamers Nexus nor Digital Foundry care enough to make a video about GFN, so I doubt people also care enough to boycott GFN. It just isn't that big of a deal honestly.

I didn't ignore your previous post I said "not just a few reports on Reddit. " You're making baseless accusations solely because you don't like it and you want to fail. You've provided fuck all to back up your claims. It's speculation based on something you pulled out of your ass.

I didn't ignore your previous post I said "not just a few reports on Reddit.
That was more than a few.
You're making baseless accusations solely because you don't like it and you want to fail.
Grid is failing just fine on it's own. Also yes because it's an affront to gaming as we know it. Cloud gaming isn't better. Cloud gaming isn't a benefit to consumers. We are slowly losing control over the media we buy and cloud gaming is the final stop to achieve that. We lose image quality. We gain input lag. We introduce another point of failure for playing a single player game. We lose modding. We lose emulators.

Why? Because graphic cards are too expensive. Not CPU's, as prices have stayed relatively the same, especially now that Ryzen is giving Intel competition. Right now I can pick up an 6 core Ryzen CPU for less than $200. Buying a faster graphics card has no limit today. You wanted the fastest graphics card back in the day then $200 will do it. Today you need over $1k and that's insane. Who's reponsible for this mess? Nvidia is, and they're offering a terrible solution to fix a problem they caused, and that's Geforce Now. AMD recently said "Fuck it" and also charges more for their graphic cards. Navi does perform faster, but they also charge more. That's not how things used to be. AMD is knee deep in this cloud gaming shit as well with Stadia. So both AMD and Nvidia have a conflict of interest in terms of how much they charge for their GPUs. But there's more, because AMD is also involved in the gaming console market through Sony and Microsoft, and now they have even less reason to lower GPU prices. They don't seem to care because according to Steam's Hardware Survey the GTX 1060, 1050, 1050Ti, 1070, 1080, and even the accient 970 are dominant. The graphic cards people are using are stuck in 2016 because the new crap isn't justifying the higher prices.

BTW, that's a fucking rant.

You've provided fuck all to back up your claims.
I literally linked to the reddit posts that you're dismissing again.
It's speculation based on something you pulled out of your ass.
I pulled it out of reddit and if you don't like it then sit on a lemon and twist.

That was more than a few.

Grid is failing just fine on it's own. Also yes because it's an affront to gaming as we know it. Cloud gaming isn't better. Cloud gaming isn't a benefit to consumers. We are slowly losing control over the media we buy and cloud gaming is the final stop to achieve that. We lose image quality. We gain input lag. We introduce another point of failure for playing a single player game. We lose modding. We lose emulators.

Why? Because graphic cards are too expensive. Not CPU's, as prices have stayed relatively the same, especially now that Ryzen is giving Intel competition. Right now I can pick up an 6 core Ryzen CPU for less than $200. Buying a faster graphics card has no limit today. You wanted the fastest graphics card back in the day then $200 will do it. Today you need over $1k and that's insane. Who's reponsible for this mess? Nvidia is, and they're offering a terrible solution to fix a problem they caused, and that's Geforce Now. AMD recently said "Fuck it" and also charges more for their graphic cards. Navi does perform faster, but they also charge more. That's not how things used to be. AMD is knee deep in this cloud gaming shit as well with Stadia. So both AMD and Nvidia have a conflict of interest in terms of how much they charge for their GPUs. But there's more, because AMD is also involved in the gaming console market through Sony and Microsoft, and now they have even less reason to lower GPU prices. They don't seem to care because according to Steam's Hardware Survey the GTX 1060, 1050, 1050Ti, 1070, 1080, and even the accient 970 are dominant. The graphic cards people are using are stuck in 2016 because the new crap isn't justifying the higher prices.

BTW, that's a fucking rant.

I literally linked to the reddit posts that you're dismissing again.

I pulled it out of reddit and if you don't like it then sit on a lemon and twist.

I don't care about your opinion. The discussion is about ActiBlizz pulling games and the reasons around it. You have done nothing but engage in baseless speculation on why, intentionally ignoring the officially stated reason why it happened. You've yet to provide a single shred of evidence to back up your speculation outside of saying "well maybe they did", which is utterly baseless. You just threw out more by saying "it's failing" WITHOUT PROVING SHIT. You are so utterly blinded by your crusade that you are incapable of being objective and forming arguments based on objective information.

I've been giving a shot to GRID since I first got my shield tv.

I always thought it was a gimmick and would quickly fade

I can't even remember the name of the company the started all but quickly vanished.

But as technology and bandwidth have improved, my opinion has changed.

As I've mentioned before, I don't see gamestreaming taking over PCs or consoles (I'm pretty sure they will all try though)

But I think there is a place for gamestraming. I think they are targeting casual gamers and I can see a huge market there.

Sure there are caveats and some games are probably not fit for streaming. But that doesn't mean it will fail

I've been giving a shot to GRID since I first got my shield tv.

I always thought it was a gimmick and would quickly fade

I can't even remember the name of the company the started all but quickly vanished.

But as technology and bandwidth have improved, my opinion has changed.

As I've mentioned before, I don't see gamestreaming taking over PCs or consoles (I'm pretty sure they will all try though)

But I think there is a place for gamestraming. I think they are targeting casual gamers and I can see a huge market there.

Sure there are caveats and some games are probably not fit for streaming. But that doesn't mean it will fail

OnLive and Gaikai were the first ones to make real, serious, attempts at it. I don't think either were the first to try, but they're the ones I think of when I remember early attempts.

OnLive and Gaikai were the first ones to make real, serious, attempts at it. I don't think either were the first to try, but they're the ones I think of when I remember early attempts.
If memory serves me well, Onlive was first, or at least before Nvidia Grid. Gaikai was out about the same time as Grid.

Or maybe they have an exclusive deal with Stadia? Could be many reasons.

They're developing their own Cloud streaming service. Wouldn't surprise me if that's part of it. Or maybe it's similar to the ActiBlizz thing where they want to negotiate a new deal now that it's launched.

Jim Sterling did a video about Geforce's Now issue's. Did you know that Nvidia had a streaming service?

Streaming sites are cheap because you basically pay for them with your consumer rights not your wallet. There are upsides and downsides to this.

Back