Activision Blizzard Announces Record Second Quarter 2016 Financial Results

HardOCP News

[H] News
Activision Blizzard announced better-than-expected record Q2 financials yesterday thanks in no small part to the overwhelming success of Overwatch. Less than three months after launch the game already has over fifteen million players globally.

On May 24, 2016, Blizzard launched Overwatch which now has over 15 million players globally, including box and digital sales, internet game room players, and multi-user console households. In China, Overwatch broke the previous record set by Diablo® III as the fastest-selling PC game in the market’s history. Overwatch also currently holds the number one position in Korean Internet Game Rooms with over 30% share of play time.

...and here people were at launch, flipping Overwatch off with "it's just another TF3 clone".

Yeah :x

sadly, its not as good as TF2. this is from someone who played both.
disagree, as someone with with over thousand hours in TF2(yeah lots of us i know), Overwatch is just far more fun. I even wouldnt compare them. Overwatch is more fun IMO because it adds far more run and gun/twitch type gameplay of COD/Quake(2/3 speed mebbe) that makes it far more fast paced and action oriented. I can't stop playing this game.

Honestly it's unfair to compare the two, TF2 is much older and for its time it was great but Overwatch is really just ... Amazing fun.

Back