Activision and Sony

Why didn't they get a HDMI cable for the 360? The 60gb doesn't come with one.

The only reason I can think of is because you don't need hdmi cables for hi-def and the 360 comes with hi-def cables. The PS3 you have to buy a new cable to get hi-def.

So apparently Activision has threatened to stop all game manufacturing for Sony consoles as early as 2010. I say this will be the blow that will finally bring Sony to its knees and hopefully get them out as a console maker. They have great games I just think that with their history of hardware they need to step down.

Holy crap, I can't believe you're actually being serious.

Is the OP forgetting about all the other developers out there? If this was the only developer for the PS3, then I would be worried.

really guys i am an xbox fan and this has to be a joke. i got a ps3 and really i hope there are more games that i am excited about in the future.

imagine your a cowboys fan so no other good teams could exist. yah that makes it so much more cool and stuff. after a while the cowboys would suck because all the teams that threatened them would be gone. that would make for some really good games then right?

I've read your analogy three times, and either I am really tired, or it made no sense. No offense.

I've read your analogy three times, and either I am really tired, or it made no sense. No offense.

Heh. It was a bit rough, but he's basically saying having competition that is equal in quality is a good thing.

So apparently Activision has threatened to stop all game manufacturing for Sony consoles as early as 2010. I say this will be the blow that will finally bring Sony to its knees and hopefully get them out as a console maker. They have great games I just think that with their history of hardware they need to step down.

Yeah they should have known better after the complete failure the PS2 was that they had a horrible history.

I can't remember the last good Activision game... unless you count Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines which they effed up. (I'm pretty sure that was Activision anyway)

So I'd say its no great lost to Sony. Sony also sells big in Japan, and I think they probaly don't buy american games as much as their own RPGs and such. Also, taking Sony out of the equation would leave only 2 guys standing and with less competition, it would mean that the prices would probably stay high..... forever (though I think it's almost like that now anyway.)

The only good thing (for america, I would think anyway) is that without the console with graphical power like the ps3 around, the 360 would probably sell more in Japan, and earn money for America's economy. And their offspring too.

So Activision wants to only produce for 31+ million 360s and 50+ million Wii's? Must be more to the story. Maybe it's costing them too much to dev games on the PS3.

I can't remember the last good Activision game... unless you count Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines which they effed up. (I'm pretty sure that was Activision anyway)

So I'd say its no great lost to Sony. Sony also sells big in Japan, and I think they probaly don't buy american games as much as their own RPGs and such. Also, taking Sony out of the equation would leave only 2 guys standing and with less competition, it would mean that the prices would probably stay high..... forever (though I think it's almost like that now anyway.)

The only good thing (for america, I would think anyway) is that without the console with graphical power like the ps3 around, the 360 would probably sell more in Japan, and earn money for America's economy. And their offspring too.

Activision is like EA in that they own many smaller companies (they also merged with Blizzard, so they I assume they also have rights to Blizzard property now too), As far as important games produced by the company, a quick google search came up with the following franchises: "World of Warcraft, Guitar Hero, Tony Hawk, Doom, and Call of Duty. It also makes games based on licensed properties from LucasArts (Star Wars), Marvel (Spider-Man and X-Men), and DreamWorks Animation (Shrek)"

Back