Active Directory & OSX issue

DeaconFrost

[H]F Junkie
I'm not sure where the issue lies, so here's the situation. I have a user with a MacBook Pro running Yosemite 10.10.3. I want her to start using her domain account, so I followed the usual steps for adding the computer to the domain. Everything went as expected, except I wasn't given the prompt at login to log in as another user. It only showed her local account.

So I found that I needed to check the box to create a mobile user. Upon doing so, I am now greeted with the Other option. However, when I put in her domain\user and password, it isn't accepted. It acts like her password is wrong. However, I am able to log in to our webmail and verify that it is the correct password. Her account isn't locked out, either.

So, I'm thinking it is one of two things. Either her wireless isn't connecting prior to log in, or the system won't allow the domain account because her local account username is the same, call it jsmith as an example. The laptop doesn't have a wired network jack, so I am thinking the USB dock doesn't connect the network until after login is completed.

Any suggestions?

Just as in Windows you can have a local and domain account of the same name. That much I've experienced when I had my MBP. Grab a thunderbolt -> Ethernet adapter to test your first idea?

Also try DOMAIN\username

I'll try your suggestion if we have an adapter. As for the login, I did the domain\username and password, but the password box shook each time as if the password was wrong. That's why I verified it in web mail and checked to make sure the account wasn't locked out, either.

Thanks for the idea and for confirming the account name question.

Back