Active Directory and Cisco ACS integration

berky

2[H]4U
I'm trying to set up Cisco ACS to use active directory as an external database. I would like to use it as a "generic LDAP" server, but the group query is set to "objectclass=GroupOfUniqueNames" instead of just "objectclass=group" as MS wants it to be. I discovered that the GroupOfUniqueNames is an RFC standard, so it begs the question, why does this not return any results?

So, question:

Is there a way to get AD to make "GroupOfUniqueNames" an alias for "group"?

If not, I need a Cisco ACS guru to help me configure the ACS to use an external 'Windows Database'. I've tried this and it seems way more difficult than it should be.

thanks.

nevermind. i'm an idiot and completely missed the part where i can configure the 'group' naming convention in ACS. I set it to "group" and it works fine. worked on this crap for hours and I always figure it out right after i create a thread about it...

nevermind. i'm an idiot and completely missed the part where i can configure the 'group' naming convention in ACS. I set it to "group" and it works fine. worked on this crap for hours and I always figure it out right after i create a thread about it...
A common occurrence, I assure you. I've done the same quite a bit.

But at least the information/fix is here, in case anyone else searches for it.

Back