ACK! Replaced intel HSF with Copper one and AS3 but im still getting the same temps!

mtbaird

Gawd
aaa dammit, i just swapped my retail aluminum intel HSF for a copper one i had, i even used AS3!

my temps are CPU idle: 46 Load:57

Case: 35

ack and its the same or even a little higher than with the retail, what did i do wrong?

weeeelllll...... a few things

your case temp is insanley high. mine is 23C full load. thats with 2 80mm intake, 2 80mm exhaust with a dual fan psu. Low noise/cfm fans too. at that case temp, no heatsink is gonna drop the temps much.

the heatsink that you have is hardly better than the stock heatsink, although I would expect a 2-3c drop simply because the AS3 and the more powerful fan. Double check to assure that you installed the AS3 properly. THere should be a paper-thin layer. Not exaggerating, really that thin. Also, try investing in a high quality heatsink such as the Thermalright sp-94 (my current cooling system) and a controllable speed high cfm fan, or a heatsink such as the Zalman 7000 series. That will certianly cut your temps.

the other thing is that the ABIT boards read 8-15C too high. So don't be worried about your temps until you hit 65C unless you wanna overclock.

ohhh really? so even if im using motherboard monitor or a 3rd party reader i can just subtract like 8 degrees to find my correct temp

and do you have any advice for cooling my case, i have 2 intake and two blowing out, PLUS my fortron PSU has a 120mm fan in the back that pushes a lot of air out

well,
if you really want to you can set mbm5 to subtract x degrees from your temp and it will do that

as for your case, it seems like you have a pretty good cooling setup, yet your temps are still high. What is your room temp?

my room temperature is realllly hot, thats probababaly why my case temp is being so gay, ahh how do i cool my room down????

oh and i have a mini fridge im not using, anyway i can cool my PC off with that hehe :)

Back