Ack! Limited User account in XP issue

milkweg

[H]ard|Gawd
I know there is a hack fix for this issue in XP but WTF hasn't Microsoft just patched it so it is no longer an issue? The issue is that if you set up a limited user account in XP you can never change the amount of time before the screen saver becomes active. Whatever the time activation was set to in the admin account at the time you created the limited user account it stays at that setting. I forgot to change the settings before I set up the limited user account so now the screen saver is always coming on far sooner than I want it to. Anyone know what the hack is to alter the screensaver time in limited user account in XP? If not, I will go look it up on google.

Make them a power user or admin, change it, then change back to limited.

wuwu for the fix.

That part sounds more like a corruption in the XP install. Any user, regardless os security level, should be able to input a password. Does this system use a keyboard that has an application to control/handle its setup?

I had the exact same issue on another install some time back. I fixed that by just disabling the spiffy welcome screen and using standard log on/off screen. Guess I will end up doing the same again. It is random and sometimes allows me to input the password and then others times it doesn't. I'm not using any special keyboard driver, just he one that comes with Windows.

Back