Achilles: Legends Untold

Titan Quest instantly popped into my head, as well. It could be good. I put a lot of hours into TQ

Thanks. It looks like my kind of game at a glance:

https://worthplaying.com/article/20...red-by-dark-souls-and-diablo-screens-trailer/

Achilles: Legends Untold also features an innovative GAIA system, which introduces an element of unpredictability to the gameplay. It is an AI system responsible for cooperation between opponents. Thanks to it, the player will be able to face groups of enemies, which will act together against the player, support each other in battles and perform group actions, increasing the level of gameplay realism.

This sounds interesting below, but I prefer to have difficulty levels if possible. (For me that's either the hardest difficulty or just one beneath if the hardest just makes exceedingly long bullet sponges out of everything). Some of these kind of games do newgame+ and newgame++ for harder creatures and bosses on successive runs (and better gear too). Looking forward to hearing more about it.

Inspired by action RPGs like Dark Souls and Diablo, the title by Polish studio Dark Point Games has a much lower level of entry. The creators wanted to make a game that would be more accessible to beginners, who are just starting their adventure with this type of gameplay. It doesn't mean, however, that Achilles: Legends Untold is a title aimed only at newcomers, because it is filled with optional challenging missions, which will certainly also satisfy experienced players.

Comment from whomever runs their Youtube page:

1627674044218.png

I played a lot of Titan Quest. This has my interest. Love anything dealing ancient Greece / Rome or Mythology.

A Free Playtest is going on right now just click on the link on the bottom of the Steam sales page.

Wow that looks really good! I love the the idea of an ARPG with more measured and strategic combat like a Souls but top down. Would prefer a more grim and dark medieval setting but this still looks like a for sure purchase.

Very interesting. Like a Diablo/Souls hybrid. I'll download the beta and give it a shot.

EDIT: It's interesting for sure. Not sure if I initially like it or not (based on like 5 minutes of playing), but I appreciate what they're going for. On the performance side of things, the game looks smoother with DLSS totally turned off vs. any of the modes of my system. I'll give things a deeper dive on my lunch break, but I'd say it's worth downloading and trying considering the beta is free.

Last edited:
I played it a bit more and I'd say it's okay. I didn't love or hate it and it feels a bit slow even for a Souls'ish game. It also has a little bit of Eurojank to it. Still, it's unique and there are some cool elements going on. I'll have to see what they're charging for the final game. I appreciate the chance to test drive it as there are no red flags that would keep me from buying it for the right price.

Back