Achieva Shimian QH270| $400 IPS 2560x1440 Korean Monitor

Yes ,I think you Snoozed and lost........I would still look on EBAY and see the prices..BUT,I think they are as high as just going down to SAY Microcenter and buying it locally now.....

AP514

Paid $330 for mine..and Square trade insurance..total was $389

I've the Shimian as well. It works fine with dual link DVI on a GTX 580. I ordered a Bizlink active DP > dual DVI adapter, and hooked it up to my Lenovo T430 laptop.

But it doesn't work. Sure, a secondary display is detected, but either the Shimian doesn't get link (blinking blue LED) or I get an "active" display (backlight on) but nothing on the monitor. I tried different resolutions as well as using Intel's program for the settings.

Any ideas?

I've the Shimian as well. It works fine with dual link DVI on a GTX 580. I ordered a Bizlink active DP > dual DVI adapter, and hooked it up to my Lenovo T430 laptop.

But it doesn't work. Sure, a secondary display is detected, but either the Shimian doesn't get link (blinking blue LED) or I get an "active" display (backlight on) but nothing on the monitor. I tried different resolutions as well as using Intel's program for the settings.

Any ideas?

The adaptor is capable of 2560x1440? If not, I don't think it will show anything, since the Shimian doesn't have a scalar built in. Output has to be 2560x1440 and anything else has to be scaled by the video card.

The adaptor is capable of 2560x1440? If not, I don't think it will show anything, since the Shimian doesn't have a scalar built in. Output has to be 2560x1440 and anything else has to be scaled by the video card.

When I re-plugged the adapter under linux the GUI froze for a few seconds, then unfroze, and the display activated, linux showed the 2560x1440 res. But I couldn't get anything to show on the monitor (by moving windows over etc).

This is the adapter: Dell BIZLINK DisplayPort to DVI Dual Link Adapter USB Powered - XT625 / CN-0XT625, specs say it supports the resolution.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Well, I'm sort of going off my experience with Nvidia video cards, since I haven't used a USB adapter yet... but, hmmm

Do you have a background? Is that showing on the Shimian, or is it just black? I'd say to make sure it's not displaying a different X session, but if that were the case you'd probably see more than a blank screen.

I dunno, you may have to create/edit an x.conf with specifics to get it to work. I'd suggest searching your distro and see how others got display USB adapters working, as you probably won't be using original drivers.

Well, I'm sort of going off my experience with Nvidia video cards, since I haven't used a USB adapter yet... but, hmmm

Do you have a background? Is that showing on the Shimian, or is it just black? I'd say to make sure it's not displaying a different X session, but if that were the case you'd probably see more than a blank screen.

I dunno, you may have to create/edit an x.conf with specifics to get it to work. I'd suggest searching your distro and see how others got display USB adapters working, as you probably won't be using original drivers.

The screen was on with the backlight (which doesn't happen if the display gets no signal/invalid signal), so something was kind of working. It was an extension of the desktop, and I could drag windows out of the screen into the other screen, but they wouldn't show up on the monitor. So something's not right. I had the same behaviour in Windows.

I'll have to do some more googling...

Well, after 10 months of trying to get red-cap to deal with my dead screen, its safe to say Im out.
After 4 weeks my screen went black. red-cap agreed to replace the screen so I did not escilate to a paypal claim. Once the 45 days were up, it was 6 months or messaging him to fix or refund with him jerking me around. After about 6 months he agreed to repair it if I shipped it to him for $150 that he would refund if it was indeed DOA. I went for it as I thought paypal protection would prevent me from getting screwed but I was wrong(apparently paypal feels its fine to pay for a repair service but not preform the service) .
Before I sent the screen, I put clear tape on several parts of the bevel. He sent the screen back and voila, DOA still. Tape not removed or broken. No communication since April. $500 lost

red-cap is a liar and a con. I dont believe people still buy from this thief. I have posted a number of times and I have been contacted by half a dozen others who have had the same issue with him.

DO NOT BUY FROM RED-CAP

Well Droc you're not alone, 10 months after buying my Crossover from bigclothcraft, it too has gone black. Power brick still lights up green but the monitor itself is dead. This after having the back lighting on the left side go out and stay out after only a month. At least the stand still works.

Look on EBAY for Details.......Square trade

As far as my CROSSOVER it is still going STRONG ..knock on wood..............

How is yours working ?? lets see some post on these...................

Look on EBAY for Details.......Square trade

As far as my CROSSOVER it is still going STRONG ..knock on wood..............

How is yours working ?? lets see some post on these...................

My QNIX (same panel) is still going strong after 9 months or so.

My $270 (ebay, shipped/received in a week) QX2700 has been a dream for well over a year. If I had space and $$$ I would go with 2 more of these for triples.

I have QNIX QX2710 and it's excellent.

Definitely beats my Dell U2713HM in terms of color accuracy, contrast ratio and level of detail.

My Shimian just died. Screen is totally dead. No lights or anything. I replaced the power brick to no avail.

Not sure what happened. I turned off my stereo and the monitor died at that same instant.

Just an update my CROSSOVER 27" IPS(2560x1440) is still running strong......got it from Green-Sum (Ebay)....over 3 years ago

I have a shimian and a qnix, the shimian is 3 years old......the qnix is over a year old....probably more, at this point

both going strong.

I did have to system restore after the newest cat drives borked my qnix, which is oc'd

Ill have to do some research on how to undo that...for the install...and redo it...

Well, Here is a Blast from the past.(this Thread)................I still use my CROSSOVER 27" IPS(2560x1440) every day and it is still running strong......

I purchased got this monitor in 2012 6 years and still kicking. Talk about BANG for the BUCK :)

Last edited:
Well, Here is a Blast from the past.(this Thread)................I still use my CROSSOVER 27" IPS(2560x1440) every day and it is still running strong......

I purchased got this monitor in 2012 6 years and still kicking. Talk about BANG for the BUCK :)

I still have two one them! One actively used in portrait mode next to my 43" 4k TCL, and one in the closet as a spare. Bought them each for about $215 or so...I think I've gotten pretty good value out of them. :)

I still have two one them! One actively used in portrait mode next to my 43" 4k TCL, and one in the closet as a spare. Bought them each for about $215 or so...I think I've gotten pretty good value out of them. :)
Same here. Still using mine. Got my money's worth for sure :) 6-7 years later

Used my Achieva Shimian for like 3 years before reselling for about half the price I bought it for ~$140ish. Great value for sure back in the day.

Still have mine, mint condition with fairly low hours for it's age. I picked up an extra power brick just in case ....

Reactions: AP514
like this
Sorry for the necrorise. I am currently using this monitor with ym 1070 with native dvi. However, I don't think the 3070/3080 have dvi slot. What kind of adapter I need to continuing using this montior on newer card?

I gave up and got a new monitor. I couldn’t find a decent dual link DVI solution for this.

Now days you can get a plethora of qhd ops monitors pretty cheap so keep that in mind before you spend too much on any adapters

A simple DVI to DisplayPort adapter is all you need or you can buy a cable with DVI on one end and DP on the other. Monitor will work fine, no need to upgrade.

Reactions: AP514
like this
You can probably buy a pcb with displayport or whatever out you need, if a cheap adapter is not enough bandwidth..for what its worth

I bought a few active converters but none worked until I shelled out for one made by Dell. None of the cheapo $10 or $20 ones worked. The Dell one still sometimes has issues when first connected in that the screen will be fuzzy or won't be recognized initially, but once it's working it's fine.

Still have mine, mint condition with fairly low hours for it's age. I picked up an extra power brick just in case ....
I also purchased a replacement Power Supply. (turns out it was not power Supply going Bad)
My Screen was Blacking Out after gaming for long periods of time.
Turns out the Monitor was over heating. So, I purchased a Zelman fan controller for about $6 and put an old 120mm fan on the back panel.
(I cut a hole in the panel and attached the Fan to controller, Controller to the MB thru back of case. No more Black Screen)

1601338619794.png

Oh man, remember the Korean 2560x1440 craze, we ALL owned one lol.
Good times boys, good times.
I think I gave my catleap to my nephew or something lol.

Back