Achieva Shimian QH270| $400 IPS 2560x1440 Korean Monitor

Hmm, well I've had my monitor for about a month now and somewhat recently its been behaving a bit strangely. I've noticed on a few occasions that after I finish playing a game of dota and alt+tab back to my desktop, get online.... the screen just goes gray. Not like the backlight goes gray, but there is a solid gray color instead of my screen and I have to restart. It doesn't happen too often but it's still worrisome. Anyone know what could be causing this?

When it first started happening I got some error message upon startup, which seemed to involve my dell printer drivers. I uninstalled the drivers, and it didn't happen for a while, but then just a few min ago it happened ago. No error message this time, so I'm not sure what to think. Ideas? Other than that the screen is amazing. Good thing i got a square trade warranty if anything goes bad lol

It may be already covered in this thread, but I'm hoping someone can just repeat it directly...Which of these Korean monitors has the thinnest bezels, or potentially removable bezels for easy use of three in portrait mode?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Please let me know when you figure this out as I too am interested.
So far they all look to have very fat bezels and only a few have portrait mode stands, even if you pull the stands I have not found a single bezel that is symmetrically straight on the top and bottom, all seem to have some bulge/rounding on the bottom bezel which makes portrait mode even more difficult

The crossovers went from $300-$325 free shipping, to $100 shipping.
I searched the Ebay monitor section using the word "Crossover", sorted my results by price, and found 3 merchants selling them for $350 shipped --> 1 . 2 . 3

To see most of the Korean 27" i suggest searching Ebay with the term "2560x1440" then sorting the results by price again. You'll see a bunch of Shimians/Catleaps starting around $285 shipped.

Maybe it's just me, but i don't recall the Crossover selling for $300 shipped in the recent past (?)

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
According to reports, it's noticeable on the multi's. So if you can use DVI, then go with that only. Winds up being cheaper, too.

I want to run each my Mac and windows pc on this screen, so it would be huge pain to always need to change the dvi cable depending on what computer I want to use. I could use hdmi switch box but I read they add input lag also.
Damn two computers!

I want to run each my Mac and windows pc on this screen, so it would be huge pain to always need to change the dvi cable depending on what computer I want to use. I could use hdmi switch box but I read they add input lag also.
Damn two computers!

At this price, buy two!

PULLED THE TRIGGER

Ebay--> this seller "TA Planet"

Positive Feedback: 99.6%
Feedback score: 16267

Model is below
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320882265870

Has very good rep going and someone from Michagin///1 state over bought same model and got it with -0- dead pixels

Will update daily/weekly

Looks like you can grab a stand here
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-27-Inch...=US_Monitor_Mounts_Stands&hash=item20c8128860

$89.00 though.

Anyone else know of an alternative (less expensive route) for a better stand.mount?

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************
So after roughly a few hours of going thru countless threads here is what it looks like
Pixel Perfect is only for "peace of mind"
You are almost guaranteed a dead pixel
SQuaretrade will not/does not honor warranties so buying one would be a waste
99.9% if the time you pay for return shipping which can be anywhere from $80 +
you have 45-days to file a claim with paypal (14-days to get your money back *all sellers follow this return policy)
Getting one @ 100% is hit or miss
after 2-3-4-5-6 months if it breaks u are out 300$
you might have to expoxy the screen due to sound/buzzing

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
UPDATE: Just got my tracking from TA_PLANET

So roughly within 24-hours he has shipped. #nice

Ship date Nov 6, 2012
Estimated delivery Nov 12, 2012 by 4:30 PM

Destination
Chicago, IL

SO i am crossing my fingers it comes by Friday- a quick google/Fedex search and it looks like they deliver on Saturday's.

So maybe ill get lucky!

Question! ---

What monitor can you use with these 27" monitors in a Portrait/Landscape/Portrait configuration? "PLP"

Does a 19" portrait 1440x900 line up? or a 20"? 22"? Anyone tried this?

I don't know of any 1440x900 monitor that would be "short" enough when in portrait to match the height of these 27" monitors. They'd all be slightly taller.

Also, you've got the issue of your portrait displays only being 900 pixels wide. That's kind of limiting, in my opinion.

I use a couple 19" 1440x900 in portrait as "sidebar" space. They run taller than a 27" screen, so I set them back further and angled them inward slightly. They are 3" to 5" back from the sides of my 27" 120hz 1080p monitor, one on each side, and the one that is between my 27" 120hz 1080p and my 27" 2560x1440 60hz ips is about 10" back from the right edge of the ips.
I can have two web browsers open or browser + filemanager on my ACD so I don't really miss any browser width. If I didn't have two full size monitors (+ a fw900) it might seem more limiting. .For me, the 19" ones work fine for "sidebar space". Win 7 window snapping or dragging + double clicking of edges to max width or height selectively per monitor is nice too. I also use DisplayFusion pro.
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1038262439&postcount=19709
Cinema display early last year. The side panels are 19" 1440x900, which I set back further on monitor arms to essentially "shrink" them to my perspective until they fit the cinema display. In person for a seated position they would be tucked behind the cinema display's bezels neatly, and look pretty well aligned top and bottom horizontally. The "sidebar" portrait mode monitors are used for chat, email, winamp+media library, volume mixer, statusbars/progressbars, download window, some file management/file browsing, text files, extra tool/workspace for apps/suites, etc so they don't need to be matched perfectly to any of the other monitors, though I did tweak them some. I hardly ever have the wallpaper showing because they are filled with open readouts/apps.

Last edited:
Talk about fast!

International shipment release import
ANCHORAGE, AK USA
Nov 6, 2012 1:00 PM

Damn,
I think I might order one from TA planet once you get yours.
Will you post up how it was packed for shipping (stock brown box, or any extra packaging)??

And is it safe to say there is no real "warranty" with these korean monitors, plus the fact that I will spend at least $80 to ship it back?

Yeah, the reason I went with them is because someone from Michigan a state over from me since I am IL got his in 2 days.

and not only that I emailed him/ebay messaged him and he has had it for 3 weeks and it showed up flawless and still works flawless.
**************************************************************************************************

Damn,
Will you post up how it was packed for shipping (stock brown box, or any extra packaging)??

And is it safe to say there is no real "warranty" with these korean monitors, plus the fact that I will spend at least $80 to ship it back?

I will def take some pictures and as far as the warranty...here is what i know #fact. People have been claiming the PIXEL free is covered....and the others are not. THIS IS ALL HEAR SAY.

I want solid proof a document that someone was able to get from squaretrade or something showing someone was able to exchange a monitor or they covered it. Until then its all hearsay.

and yes if it breaks you pay return shipping

Damn,

Shipment Update
My monitor arrived in Indiana! ! ! just one state away from me!

Nov 7, 2012 1:32 AM
Arrived at FedEx location
INDIANAPOLIS, IN

The seller TA_PLANET has adjusted the price and its gone up $41.40

I paid $324.50///Free shipping

Christ how is FedEx So Fast?

Nov 7, 2012 4:35 AM
At destination sort facility
CHICAGO, IL

Nov 7, 2012 6:24 AM
At local FedEx facility
HILLSIDE, IL

Nov 7, 2012 8:06 AM
On FedEx vehicle for delivery
HILLSIDE, IL

*Looks Like I might Get it Today*

Last edited:
Arrived with 2 SMALL dead pixels ver very small.
and one fairly large one.

Not really noticeable unless u STARE. If this holds up for 12 months....ill be happy

I just wanted to poke my head into here and say I just received my Crossover 27Q for $345 from dhsummer (http://www.ebay.com/itm/CROSSOVER-27Q-LED-27-QHD-Monitor-2560X1440-High-resolution-Monitor-DVI-LG-S-IPS-/271021156196) and am very satisfied with it. I offered him twice at $310 and $327.50, but he was being a hardball, so I bit anyways. The shipping itself actually only took two days because it travels back in time. :D

The box itself was bare, no bubble wrap, minor damage to corners and some tears to the box surface, but the monitor arrived in perfect condition. There's only one dead pixel, and fortunately it's at the extreme top left border (the first row, actually!) and it's otherwise pixel perfect.

Time to calibrate this baby, I'm moving up from a 1280 x 1024.

UPDATE: THe monitor has been running 24-7 (ON) since I got it.

I have a cycled desktop theme that shuffles the images every 10 seconds after 10 minutes my PLANE9 Screen saver kicks in

So far its holding up like a boss!

This is update #4 on my Crossover Q270-P which I bought for $399.98 shipped back at the end of June this year. Didn't pay for Pixel Perfect.

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1038897292&postcount=3011

I've been using it 6 days out of the week from 2-4 hours a day with original power brick and ACD color profile. So far this thing has been rock solid. I see that the price for them have gone up about $60 now.

Please see my original thread linked here for impressions of the monitor.

UPDATE: THe monitor has been running 24-7 (ON) since I got it.

I have a cycled desktop theme that shuffles the images every 10 seconds after 10 minutes my PLANE9 Screen saver kicks in

So far its holding up like a boss!

Nice - fast shipping but I am sad to see the price went up :LOL:

Will probably end up going with Dreamseller (pretty good reviews and he bubble wraps the box seems).
Have you tried applying a display calibration profile? How are the colors out of the box?

My 120hz Overlord monitor won't be here until the middle of December (hopefully no later) so I ordered one of these for the time being. Fingers crossed I get a good one. The price was $297.90 shipped from dhsummer.

My Crossover 27Q is starting to have flickering issues after 3 months, most likely tied to the crappy blue LED driver board. Now, I'm trying to line up a replacement board with my seller - greensum. He sent me photos of a possible replacement board, VLD0100, I hadn't seen anything on this model anywhere except for some Russian sites on Google. Anybody have any experience with this board?

Or do.. just any boards with the right number of connector pins just work? Haha... Just trying to make sure everything is good before we do any intl shipping / monitor exploding.

hWaxC.jpg

sKQJA.jpg

P.S. Seller apparently has some sweet leopard print fleece blankets or something. And thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Back