Achieva Shimian QH270| $400 IPS 2560x1440 Korean Monitor

Who is the best seller for the crossover monitors? I don't care about shipping time if the seller is more likely to ship without dead pixels

Chance of panel issues (dead pixels, backlight bleed, etc) does NOT change from seller to seller. They all get and sell the same monitors. The differentiating factors are price and service.

Well mine just died after a few months of use. It started last night with the screen going blank while playing GW2. I could tell the PC had not crashed since my other screen was still working. I restarted the PC and the monitor came back on. Then it worked for a little bit. Goes blank and now it won't display anything. Luckily I have another monitor. I think it's the logic board. Anyone know where I can buy a spare? If not, 27" ACD or Dell here I come.

Well mine just died after a few months of use. It started last night with the screen going blank while playing GW2. I could tell the PC had not crashed since my other screen was still working. I restarted the PC and the monitor came back on. Then it worked for a little bit. Goes blank and now it won't display anything. Luckily I have another monitor. I think it's the logic board. Anyone know where I can buy a spare? If not, 27" ACD or Dell here I come.

which of the monitors did you have? also I've heard people say the brick craps out but the monitor is still ok

Bigclothcraft asked me how much to put on the invoice and if he can mark it as gift, i figured they would know the answers for those things to best pass through customs without hassle. I guess I have goggling to do.

Bigclothcraft asked me how much to put on the invoice and if he can mark it as gift, i figured they would know the answers for those things to best pass through customs without hassle. I guess I have goggling to do.

I think its like 150 and yes and you get no charges

red-cap asked me the same thing, you can probably find the answers in this thread with a good search string

here it is...

Alright cool, I found a forum where they said if its a gift there is no fee up to $100 and otherwise its up to $150 so I told him to mark it at $95 if he does gift otherwise mark it $145.

Alright cool, I found a forum where they said if its a gift there is no fee up to $100 and otherwise its up to $150 so I told him to mark it at $95 if he does gift otherwise mark it $145.

does that also apply for canada?

I just found out if this is correct, In canada there is NO DUTY on LCD screens
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/trade-commerce/tariff-tarif/2012/01-99/01-99-t2012-eng.pdf
page 40 (85-40)

That is correct. There is no duty on completed LCD screens imported into the country. However, sales tax (both provincial and federal) still applies. Items of declared value of less than $20 are exempt from any tax. Items marked as a gift are exempt from tax, so long as the value of the gift is less than $60.

Legally speaking, you will pay tax on the declared value of the item equivalent to your province's sales tax (13% HST for Ontario). In practise, customs may let your item through without tax, as is what happened with my Catleap monitor (it was declared as a $100 gift unilaterally on the seller's part; I did not request it). That was months ago now though, so customs may have caught on now with all these large, $60 "gifts" from Korea coming through.

I paid 5% GST on my $465 Catleap. I live in Alberta so that is the only tax. Was declared at full price. I can't vouch for gift declarations etc.

Got this screen on ebay last week. The screen was turning on but suddenly it would shut off every now and then. Like the whole screen would go black after a few minutes. I saw small dots everywhere when it was working. It had bleeding in the top middle of the screen. I opened it up and unscrewed everything. I reseated all the connections. I think the main ribbon cable to the display at the top of the screen wasn't seated all the way in. I tested it and put it back all together. It now works with practically no bleeding/dots and no problems with shutting off after a few minutes. Probably during shipping the cable must have slipped out a little or something. Great deal i think. Way clearer screen than my old lcd ;)

I thought there was a free trade agreement between Korea and the US. meaning the extra charges are not needed?

Opened up the monitor and reseated cables. Now working again. No more blank screen after 4 hrs. Hoping it fixed the problem.

Hello everyone,

I’ll go straight to the point.

Models QH270-IPS-TDP / MDP / MHL / MS are provided with HDMI and Display Port (TDP & MDP)

There is no mention anywhere on the web with regards to the HDMI bandwidth supported by these monitors.
Not all HDMI monitors inputs can support 2560 x 1440 in fact most don’t only providing 1080p

So, no matter what the Graphics Card outputs are , the monitor often only ingests 1920.

No mention about the Display Port either

Is there anywhere we can get this info as far as you all know?

It makes a hell of a difference since we could throw lot of money in to the very inviting QH270-IPS-TDP just to find out that all we have for 2K reproduction is Dual DVI input that we can get with the cheaper models anyway.

Beside we might loose some response due to the extra circuitry involved in all the various inputs, a very good point to bare in mind.

Cheers, Mauro

Displayport works fine at native resolution (1440p). Can't vouch for HDMI (Junky standard :()

I have an auria 27 inch combined with a GTX675M, HDMI does not work at 2560x1440, only at 1920x1080

Anyone ordered one of those to Europe? I'm tempted to get one, as it cost as much as 23" TN in my country :) and would like to know how it goes through customs and such.

is the 5870 compatible with the shimians monitors? i was going through ebay and one seller had this a list of compatible video cards and 5870 was listed as no.

On the AMD website, it shows that the card (usually depending on the manufacturer, you didn't mention yours) does have dual-link DVI and Displayport. It SHOULD work. After doing a search within the thread, I have come to the conclusion that it will work, BUT that you won't see the BIOS when booting up the system. Whether that will be a deal-breaker for you, that's up to you.

Here's one of the posts I found searching this thread: http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1038979875&postcount=3421

Others will say the same: Next time, do a search. :D I know it's a very large thread we have here.

On the AMD website, it shows that the card (usually depending on the manufacturer, you didn't mention yours) does have dual-link DVI and Displayport. It SHOULD work. After doing a search within the thread, I have come to the conclusion that it will work, BUT that you won't see the BIOS when booting up the system. Whether that will be a deal-breaker for you, that's up to you.

Here's one of the posts I used searching this thread: http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1038979875&postcount=3421

Others will say the same: Next time, do a search. :D I know it's a very large thread we have here.

thanks for the reply i have actually diamond 5870 crossfire.

I can confirm it that it works. The BIOS screen will not load up, happened to my friend.

But it will work, trust me.

I have a Shimian QH270-IPSBS (model with speakers), and can say that it will work with most modern video cards as they do support dual-link DVI.

Also, FWIW, I have an nVidia GTX 560 Ti, and my BIOS screen DOES display (as does the POST screen when I first turn on, and so does the Windows 7 startup logo animation).

I bought a 2nd one (even a few bucks cheaper than the first one) but have yet to open and test it. My first one (i'm using it now) is beautiful. $300 from ta_planet on ebay. Amazingly, it only took 2 days to get from Korea to California. Not bad for free shipping!

I highly recommend ta_planet.

I also wanted to add that I did confirm with SquareTrade (and have an email to prove it) that they WILL warrantee the QH270-IPSBS even when purchased from a Korean seller with no manufacturer warranty.

I made sure all the information and ebay item was given and was told that SquareTrade would warrantee the item. $42 for 2 years (3 year warrantee, but no manufacturer so only 2 year from ST).

Just got mine from green sum. Very fast shipping. Looks like no dead/stuck pixels either, and I didn't opt for the pixel perfect option.

Really liking this monitor. Only thing that could make it better would be if it were 2560x1600 :p

hi all...

there are many videocards that will not work with catleap and others, of this series!

Can anybody confirm they are running this monitor on an ATI card that is said NOT to work, IE 5850, 5870, 5830, ect?

maybe this link can help you http://denbai.com/monitor/q270-main.jpg
see picture at the bottom in vga compatible NVIDIA and AMD

most nvidia cards will, many ati/radeon will NOT work.

that link above leads to a page of images of the catleap monitor and at the bottom is a enlargible image of what cards might not or will work.

mine does not work, the ati 5770!

freestone

hi all...

there are many videocards that will not work with catleap and others, of this series!

that link above leads to a page of images of the catleap monitor and at the bottom is a enlargible image of what cards might not or will work.

freestone

Running 5850's and they work once Windows boots up and the driver scaling takes over. I can't see anything prior to Windows loading though. So anything BIOS related I have to do from another monitor.

hi all...

freestone

That's funny. My HD 5770 worked just fine with my Catleap. And my BIOS even showed up too. I wonder why that's the case. (FWIW, mine's a "2B" version that I got back in March)

hi all...

freestone

Not all video cards are created equal. The 5770 is a midrange to low range card depending on who makes it. My 5770 works but I bought some special kick ass triple x edition with more ram and lots of connectors. I could have saved 30 bucks though and bought the standard one that might or might not work. I'm very pleased with this card. It plays most of the games I like at high settings and I haven't had a reason to upgrade yet.

when getting this monitor is there any thing that is needed to make things work correctly that doesnt come with the monitor? like cables or anything?

Just got one from green sum, took 42 hours to get delivered here in Oklahoma, i'm impressed.

Only a couple of stuck pixels in top left, can barely see them, i'm not complaining for under 300 bux, games look great.

Nice to see that this thread is going strong. My Crossover 27Q was unfortunately one that shipped with a bad LED driver board with the overheating mosfet like this one here. I've contacted AccessoriesWhole to see if they can send (or in the worse case sell) me a replacement board. On the bright side, the monitor itself was really easy to disassemble.

Well, based on all the posts here, I ordered one. I read that red-cap was a good one to order from. So the night of the 9th, I did, and it was already at my house at noon on the 12th. That's really fast.

So I opened it up, checked it out, and then hooked it up. Holy crap, why was I living with TFT's all this time? This monitor looks great, colors look better and I can actually distinguish some greys like in uTorrent. I jumped through looking at pictures and browsing the web. Everything looks really nice.

I have 1 dead pixel, bottom left. That's it and I'm still happy, even with knowing that.

I went with the "lite" one, just a touch over $300, one port, no plexiglass. A 6950 is driving it, and so far no issues.

Accessorieswhole will be sending me a replacement board free of charge. Apparently, some CrossOver 27Q's shipped with LED driver boards that are prone to mosfet overheating/burning out.

Nice to see that this thread is going strong. My Crossover 27Q was unfortunately one that shipped with a bad LED driver board with the overheating mosfet like this one

How did this manifest, and how long after you got it did you notice the problem?

It'll work, it's just that you might not see the bios screen at boot up.

Yup, I have a 5770 with single link DVI, have been using it with the shimian since June.
F up is that it displays only after windows loads, so its a pain in the a to get anything done in the bios, i have a friends spare monitor connected whenever i have to do boot up stuff :rolleyes:

Back