Achieva Shimian QH270| $400 IPS 2560x1440 Korean Monitor

Does anyone have the Ergotron LX Side by Side?
http://www.provantage.com/ergotron-45-245-026~4ERGT0K2.htm

It says 24" max but some forums are saying 27" will work.
The Crossovers are the heaviest of the Kmonitors with the metal at like 16lbs.
Can anyone chime in on how this dualie works for them? Concern is the ability to put them at an angle!

I use the single arm for my Catleap and it works just fine. And I got the HP branded one (black) which is about $40 cheaper.

My lx will not support the weight of the shimian. Not sure how much the weight difference is.

My lx will not support the weight of the shimian. Not sure how much the weight difference is.

There's a tightening screw inside the housing at the end of the arm where it connects to the mounting bracket. Have you tried to tightened that?

I have two of the HP branded arms (separate bases) and one of them held a Dell 2405 which is way heavier than any of the 1440 monitors. It sagged a bit but stayed about 5in off the table which was fine with me. Now, that second arm holds an Asus 27" monitor and it's fine as well.

The single arms are rated to 20lbs and that should hold with no issues.
I figure the double arms are essentially two single arms, with the only issue being the size of the monitors restricting the angle they can be placed at. I'd rather have just 1 dualie than two singles~

The single arms are rated to 20lbs and that should hold with no issues.
I figure the double arms are essentially two single arms, with the only issue being the size of the monitors restricting the angle they can be placed at. I'd rather have just 1 dualie than two singles~

I can extend the arm side ways and have the monitor to one side and still have about 7inches of room from the post to the monitor bezel.

There's a tightening screw inside the housing at the end of the arm where it connects to the mounting bracket. Have you tried to tightened that?

I have two of the HP branded arms (separate bases) and one of them held a Dell 2405 which is way heavier than any of the 1440 monitors. It sagged a bit but stayed about 5in off the table which was fine with me. Now, that second arm holds an Asus 27" monitor and it's fine as well.

I'll try that out thanks.

Whats the weight of the screens? I have the shimian with tempered glass.

If anyone wants to volunteer and start a wiki page / public google docs or something along the lines I can (or a mod) put it in the original post to avoid the repetitive questions and/or help everyone out. Unfortunately I don't have the slightest idea about these monitors even now.

If I were to buy this in CA I would not need any special power converters or adapters? I have a GTX 680. Also when buying from Red-Cap first it says that he checks for dead or stuck pixels. Then it says way on the bottom that their will probably be some dead or stuck pixels, I'm confused...

Last edited:
I sure wish someone would do a sticky on these monitors to list all the differences in the various models.

The sellers on Ebay list all the models available but don't list the differences between them.

All I would like to find is a glossy screen (non-glass) multiple inputs would be preferable.

I'm tempted to try and buy the one on HardForum at this point.

Last edited:
Your best options are the Crossover 2720MDP or the Matrix Neo 270WQ Multi / DP HDMI 1.4a.

The 1st one has been around for a while and is a safe choice. The 2nd one is cheaper and has the HDMI 1.4a support.

I own one of each and they are great General Purpose Monitors and good for PC and Console Gaming.

Forget about the speakers on each. They buzz and should be disabled physically by placing something in the 1.8MM stereo out jack. A cheapie headphone spliter would do. Turning down the volume affects the volume of the Optical out so that is a no-go if you're using these.

I sure wish someone would do a sticky on these monitors to list all the differences in the various models.

The sellers on Ebay list all the models available but don't list the differences between them.

All I would like to find is a glossy screen (non-glass) multiple inputs would be preferable.

The circuitry on the Multi-input models adds more lag but no more than regular HD TVs do. So if that's not an issue for you, then the Multi's are fine to pick up. The ones with a single DVI-D input will be the fastest however. They all should come with an adapter for your country if shipped from one of the Ebay vendors. I would confirm.

All of the models out there that use the same panels with different plastic coverings, inputs, and screen coatings (AG, glossy, tempered glass). You only really need to decide on a few things...
1. Multi-input vs single DVI-D
2. AG, Glossy, or Tempered Glass
3. Bezel and base designs.

If I were to buy this in CA I would not need any special power converters or adapters? I have a GTX 680. Also when buying from Red-Cap first it says that he checks for dead or stuck pixels. Then it says way on the bottom that their will probably be some dead or stuck pixels, I'm confused...

There's a limit to how many dead pixels (based on location on the screen) a panel can have.. They will tell you. Their check is to guarantee there is less than their limit of dead pixels so you don't get stuck with one that has 10 dead pixels in the center of your screen.. :D

Your best options are the Crossover 2720MDP or the Matrix Neo 270WQ Multi / DP HDMI 1.4a.

The 1st one has been around for a while and is a safe choice. The 2nd one is cheaper and has the HDMI 1.4a support.

I own one of each and they are great General Purpose Monitors and good for PC and Console Gaming.

Forget about the speakers on each. They buzz and should be disabled physically by placing something in the 1.8MM stereo out jack. A cheapie headphone spliter would do. Turning down the volume affects the volume of the Optical out so that is a no-go if you're using these.

The Matrix Neo is glossy too?
Are they both the same LG panels?

Does anyone else have one half of the screen brighter than the other half when setting your brightness to 0-1 (Lowest brightness setting)? I don't know how common this is, but my left half of the screen is darker than the right side when I set it to very low brightness on a white background. If someone with Shimian lite would try this out.

Does anyone else have one half of the screen brighter than the other half when setting your brightness to 0-1 (Lowest brightness setting)? I don't know how common this is, but my left half of the screen is darker than the right side when I set it to very low brightness on a white background. If someone with Shimian lite would try this out.

Unless you don't intend to use it at the lowest setting, I would return that monitor.

I used this site when I was deciding between the different manufacturers and models: http://www.swiftworld.net/2012/04/1...omparison-of-the-different-brands-and-models/

Grade A panel, multiple inputs, adjustable stand and warranty.

Still looks to be the same as the others that are available. "Grade A" is a bit arbitrary as well.. there's no real specification that differentiates Grade A vs A-.

christ the bezel is horrendously huge and fat.

-------

I received an eBay message for 10% off a purchase before September 1st.
It says coupon will be available upon checkout. Has anyone used this with no issues for a Crossover? If it works I'd like to put in an offer!

Last edited:
Ordered 3 shimians with tempered glass from Bigclothcraft on saturday. Arrived today. Thats sick fast shipping. I had ordered from red-cap and greensum previously, but bigclothcraft's shipping is crazy fast.

solaris54 [H]ard|Gawd, 5.1 Years

After doing a lot of reading I'm thinking this might be the best option:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6131/n...ps-led-monitor

I'm thinking of just doing a preorder for this either on Amazon or Comp-U-Plus.

UPDATE: ordered for $429 free shipping no taxes

I just received my Nixeus today. These ae NOT the same as the others. The electronics are different from the Auria that is sold by Micro Center. You can buy parts and assemble these so just because it looks the same does not mean they are made by or are the same unit.

"A panels" have a guaranteed level of quality while the "A- panels" are a turkey shoot. I personally would rather have the guaranteed level than hope for the best. I am willing to pay for that peace of mind.

I will NOT buy a smart car because I do not want to get hit in it, I do not want to hope for the best in that scenario. I am willing to pay for a bigger car with more steel for greater peace of mind especially when I have my family with me or when my teenage daughters want to drive somewhere.

I just received my Nixeus today. These ae NOT the same as the others. The electronics are different from the Auria that is sold by Micro Center. You can buy parts and assemble these so just because it looks the same does not mean they are made by or are the same unit.

"A panels" have a guaranteed level of quality while the "A- panels" are a turkey shoot. I personally would rather have the guaranteed level than hope for the best. I am willing to pay for that peace of mind.

I will NOT buy a smart car because I do not want to get hit in it, I do not want to hope for the best in that scenario. I am willing to pay for a bigger car with more steel for greater peace of mind especially when I have my family with me or when my teenage daughters want to drive somewhere.

So how do you like the Nixeus monitor? Everything good on it?
Yes I feel that the quality will be better on these. That is why I ordered one and I'm willing to wait.

Does it have the input lag like the other multi input models have?
It has to, there's no way around it. But again it would be right around 1 frame ~16ms, way less than any so-called gaming TV.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Still loving my base model Catleap, easily one of the best display purchases i've made in a very long time. I still can't get over the new price they ended up at, $280 shipped, who would have guessed....

I just ordered a Shimian from green-sum since it seems like he is a reasonably reputable seller and his Shimian prices have not shot up yet like all of the other korean monitor prices (although his catleaps and crossovers have gone up)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-ACHIEVA...6200?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item19ce366ec8

Pretty sure the shimian was the model I really wanted from the 3 big ones. Going to drive it with an HD7770 and will be replacing the stand with a tilt/swivel/height vesa mount stand.

Do I need to buy a separate power adapter with this?

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Did anyone ever find a power brick replacement for WTS-2405W. I purchased an Achieva Shimiam from Bigclothcraft back in March of this year. My power supply has crapped out on me, it flashes green on the brick and on the monitor the power light flashes red as if it were in sleep mode. I emailed Bigclothcraft twice, but I still have not received a reply from him.

solaris54

So how do you like the Nixeus monitor? Everything good on it?
Yes I feel that the quality will be better on these. That is why I ordered one and I'm willing to wait.

I love it!!! I am going to get at least 2 more. The price went up $10 so I need to do it quick before the law of supply and demand kicks in big time.

Did anyone ever find a power brick replacement for WTS-2405W. I purchased an Achieva Shimiam from Bigclothcraft back in March of this year. My power supply has crapped out on me, it flashes green on the brick and on the monitor the power light flashes red as if it were in sleep mode. I emailed Bigclothcraft twice, but I still have not received a reply from him.

i bought a catleap q270 from green sum back in march and i'm having the same exact problem as you. they are sending me a replacement power brick for $48.

hopefully this fixes it, and its not the monitor taking a shit.

The cheapest right now is from dhsummer for $280 shipped. Does anyone think they will get cheaper within the next 4-6 weeks ?

i bought a catleap q270 from green sum back in march and i'm having the same exact problem as you. they are sending me a replacement power brick for $48.

hopefully this fixes it, and its not the monitor taking a shit.

I also hope it's just the power brick. I too ordered a power brick from green-sum.

Good luck to us and will see how it turns out in a few months.

Back