Acer Z35 Ultrawide: True 200Hz!?

KazeoHin

[H]F Junkie
Apparently the new $1.1K Acer Z35 will support an 'Overclock' mode up to 200Hz via DP 1.2! I would LOVE to see that in motion!

Predator-Z35_wp_acer_03_w_600.jpg

The unit will also support G-Sync, soft underglow for eye-fatigue reduction and a pretty fully-featured stand. Its a shame it's only a 1080p 35-inch panel, but the prospect of 200Hz definitely puts this screen in a class of its own... for now.

Predator-Z35_09_w_600.jpg

Tom's Hardware Link

Last edited:
Thanks for that, I thought this was new news! my bad. Mods can close the thread.

How hard is it to get 200fps games like Witcher3, Fallout4, GTA5 or similar AAA games? Is it possible with two 980ti with good high settings? I bet 200hz feels so good if playing some of these AAA games + gsync.

How hard is it to get 200fps games like Witcher3, Fallout4, GTA5 or similar AAA games? Is it possible with two 980ti with good high settings? I bet 200hz feels so good if playing some of these AAA games + gsync.

I think the 200Hz will be REALLY useful for high-precision FPS games like UT, CS:GO and the like, but honestly, I couldn't imagine how fluid it would make newer single-player games.

And My two Titan X cards have trouble rendering 4K at 60FPS in the newest titles, so I would imagine that they would struggle to maintain 200FPS at 1080p Ultrawide.

You're going to be CPU-limited at 1080p-and-a-third, but with G-Sync it's not a big deal if you're floating between 100 and 200 fps (or even dropping to 80 or so).

I doubt the really hardcore most CS and UT etc players would want such a wide screen though, especially pro gaming scene where u play at LAN setup with often limited space so you sit rather close to the screen, it would make you miss action pointed towards the sides of the screen since our eyes can only focus on relatively narrow part of the screen at a time.

The true hardcore marketed gaming screen would be 24" 1920x1080 @ 200Hz IMO :) 35" is more for the rich casual / semi-competitive gamer who care more about immersion (which larger screens bring) versus their ability to fully grasp everything happening on the screen as easily as possible.

nothing stopping someone from just using a 4:3/5:4/16:9 resolution with black bars when they want to be competitive and the full 2560x1080 for casual play. wonder if it's possible by manipulating a combination of the monitor's built-in aspect control, input resolution, and software aspect control to obtain that stretched 4:3/5:4 -> 16:9 image lots of people use.

I happen to know a couple of UT high-level players and Ultrawide is slowly becoming popular. The added FOV gives players a pretty big advantage.

I play CSGO with my ultrawide and its amazing.

But mines 29"... 34" is a big step. But, it is curved.

I gotta say, this is tempting if this will be a freesync version as well.

I happen to know a couple of UT high-level players and Ultrawide is slowly becoming popular. The added FOV gives players a pretty big advantage.

that's what i was thinking, larger FOV would be an advantage.
this monitor looks interesting but what i'm really looking for is a 40" 21:9 144hz G-sync monitor with ~110 PPI. i would throw money at that without hesitation. and the setup required to run it.

Last edited:
Back