Acer Z35 200HZ 35 Inch 2000R Ultrawide W/G-Sync

Received my Z35 yesterday and sended right back for refund, Acer quality control really is nonexistent. Sorry for bad pic but this monitor has been dropped and there is a long crack at left side of the monitor, box was unopened and all cable bags were unopened.
14061428.t.jpg

TFTCentral review is up: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_predator_z35.htm

This monitor does not do well above 100Hz/120Hz without ULMB. The panel overdrive is way out of whack because of how slow the response time of the panel is. Just go check out the response time testing section. Looks like ULMB helps a bit here, but 200 Hz overclocking might not be something that everyone tries to pursue with how badly the ghosting is.

Also viewing angles are like early VA days. Kind of disappointing.

unfortunate but we already saw how this was going to perform by way of the XR3501. seems at this point we're more likely to get a high refresh rate OLED display than a real FG2421 sucessor.

I am sort of interested in the Z35 because it has monster pixels (my eyesight took a punch last year). Love my XB270HU for gaming, but web surfing / reading just isn't as easy as a 27" 1920x1080 screen. Z35 seems expensive at $1100 for 2560x1080 though.

Vega never reported back from 2 1/2 months ago. Looks like he sold it here on the FST forum. Ah, here it is.

[Build Log] Vega's 2015 Chromed Copper Tube Gaming System - Page 23

Back