Acer XF270HU 144Hz IPS Freesync

Whoa, didn't even know they were coming out with a FreeSync version. Hope you enjoy the panels!!

Starting the think FreeSync is the way to go considering the price differences.I paid $800 for the XB270HU which is the g-sync version. Hate the markup on g-sync, it's almost insulting.

Let us know the Freesync range once you get it.
If it's really 23-144hz I will definitely buy. But I don't think it will be.

That's the plan. I'm hoping it's the case. Guess we'll see soon ;)

Freesync Eizo has two fps ranges where freesync works so I'll be extremly suprised if it's diffrent here.

Well I ordered.
It's $589 right now and if you have a Chase freedom CC it is 10% cash back on amazon until the end of december, so the monitor will cost ~$540.

g03oCbV.jpg

Got 3. One had bad bleed, one minor, and one is a good specimen. The one with minor bleed had some dust in the lower right quadrant. I managed to 'flick' it off the side of the screen, took about 30 flicks to get it to move, but it's gone.

The one with bad bleed is going back. Keeping two. These are great. Can't go back to 60hz. Don't know what I'm going to do with this old planar px2611w, great display, just 60hz. Contrast on these is excellent as well. Very pleased.

The manual says it only supports the 23hz low end with hdmi 2.0, and lists 23-144hz. It's 40-144hz for dp2.

Now, if only I could figure out how to make windows stop rearranging my shit when i power the monitors back on.

The manual says it only supports the 23hz low end with hdmi 2.0, and lists 23-144hz. It's 40-144hz for dp2.

Now, if only I could figure out how to make windows stop rearranging my shit when i power the monitors back on.

But no AMD cards have HDMI 2.0 and I thought Freesync needed DP anyway. That doesn't seem to make much sense.

Not that the lower bound matters much with the LFC feature though, as long as it's 57hz or below

Does the overdrive work with Freesync on this monitor? It really should at this point in time, but you never know

Does the overdrive work with Freesync on this monitor? It really should at this point in time, but you never know

Can't take anything for given unless tftcentral does a review, it seems. This year has been full of embarrassing faults and recalls for the monitor OEMs. It's like they don't test or QC their monitors at all.

Acer not even mentioning the freesync range anywhere boggles my mind too. They want people to buy this monitor or not?

Can't take anything for given unless tftcentral does a review, it seems. This year has been full of embarrassing faults and recalls for the monitor OEMs. It's like they don't test or QC their monitors at all.

Acer not even mentioning the freesync range anywhere boggles my mind too. They want people to buy this monitor or not?

rofl this screen isn't even listed on their us site.

Just got mine, very happy with it so far. Picture quality seems very good, FreeSync is great - didn't realize how much of a difference it'd make until I got a chance to use it.

I haven't spent a lot of time tweaking yet, but other than being too bright, it wasn't hideous out of the box. Going to spend some time fiddling with it later.

No noticeable backlight bleed to speak off and haven't seen a single dead pixel yet. Definitely worth the ~$550 I paid for it on Amazon.

Seriously, it comes at 80 brightness. And stupid Game mode button (if you accidentally press it) resets it to 80 when disabled. Annoying OSD, but hopefully I wont have to mess with it much. Quite happy with the panels still.

Seriously, it comes at 80 brightness. And stupid Game mode button (if you accidentally press it) resets it to 80 when disabled. Annoying OSD, but hopefully I wont have to mess with it much. Quite happy with the panels still.

Yeah, this is my biggest complaint after fiddling with it. There are two modes it's easy to flip between, game mode and whatever/regular mode. However, none of your settings persist... so every time you flip it, you have to reset them. Reallllllly dumb.

Agreed outside of that - the panel itself I think is really good and I'm very happy with it so far. Haven't put it through its paces yet, but planning on it tonight :)

Yeah, this is my biggest complaint after fiddling with it. There are two modes it's easy to flip between, game mode and whatever/regular mode. However, none of your settings persist... so every time you flip it, you have to reset them. Reallllllly dumb.

Agreed outside of that - the panel itself I think is really good and I'm very happy with it so far. Haven't put it through its paces yet, but planning on it tonight :)

Does your monitor disconnect and reconnect when you turn it on again?

Is it normal for overdrive to be grayed out/disabled?
I'm using the monitor with a 290x / DP cable.

The overdrive button (2nd button) is always grayed out.

Does your monitor disconnect and reconnect when you turn it on again?

Not that I've noticed, does yours scan through the inputs? Or what are you seeing exactly?

If I shut mine off, nothing really happens.. I turn it back on and I'm back in Windows. I'm running 3 screens and none of my windows move/rearrange, so I don't think it's losing it.

Not that I've noticed, does yours scan through the inputs? Or what are you seeing exactly?

If I shut mine off, nothing really happens.. I turn it back on and I'm back in Windows. I'm running 3 screens and none of my windows move/rearrange, so I don't think it's losing it.

What video card? How is it hooked up? I have two of mine plugged into displayports on a fury x running win10. Windows basically sees the monitor go away and come back when turning it back on.

Just got my colorimeter. Both my monitors were green heavy. I backed down green to about 46 and the white balance was pretty much dead on. About 32 brightness is 150cd/m2 for me. I have some color profiles generated if anyone wants em. http://www.countercultured.net/cal/xf270hu

What video card? How is it hooked up? I have two of mine plugged into displayports on a fury x running win10. Windows basically sees the monitor go away and come back when turning it back on.

I don't have any problems with the monitor booting up, sleep, etc.
I tried windows booted up and pressing the power button off/on (I think this is what you mean). The acer logo comes on then the energy star and then monitor turns on to my desktop. Windows doesn't seem to be making any weird disconnect/reconnect sounds or any notifications I can see.

I am on win 10 x64, 290x connected with DP using latest beta crimson driver.

I don't have any problems with the monitor booting up, sleep, etc.
I tried windows booted up and pressing the power button off/on (I think this is what you mean). The acer logo comes on then the energy star and then monitor turns on to my desktop. Windows doesn't seem to be making any weird disconnect/reconnect sounds or any notifications I can see.

I am on win 10 x64, 290x connected with DP using latest beta crimson driver.

Wonder if its related to my old mobo then, real weird. I'm uploading a video. I tried with these monitors on another pc as well, also older with a 5750, same result.

290X, via DP. Windows 10, doesn't lose the monitor when I power it off. I used to have that problem with my previous monitor (4k monoprice) but not with this one. Generally, when I had that problem, DP negotiation would take a long time and sometimes drop back to 30hz too. Does yours take a long time to come back?

I wonder if it is more of a driver issue than the monitor? You had it with the same card but two different monitors...

290X, via DP. Windows 10, doesn't lose the monitor when I power it off. I used to have that problem with my previous monitor (4k monoprice) but not with this one. Generally, when I had that problem, DP negotiation would take a long time and sometimes drop back to 30hz too. Does yours take a long time to come back?

No, see the video. It's not when I power it off, it's when I power it back on. In the video you can see the start bar jump screens

I wonder if it is more of a driver issue than the monitor? You had it with the same card but two different monitors...

new card, I've only had these screens plugged in. fury x. I have a 6850 on my desk i can try and see if it does it.

These didn't do it with hdmi, but who cares, no freesync over hdmi.

Only thing I have noticed which annoys me is that if you are in-game at 144hz (Dota 2 for example) and alt+tab to desktop. The desktop runs at 40hz which is noticeable and annoying. Not sure why it doesn't stay at 144hz.

Does anyone else see these monitors "disconnect and reconnect" when powering them on from the off state?

Well, it looks like the QC issues continue.

My XF270HU has this "patch" in the middle of the screen.

YCtkGhT.jpg

DRPnnv1.jpg

Sigh.

This tech has definitely been rushed to market.

AU Optronics are the ones to blame and the OEMs for not doing enough QC.

Not one single OEM is having problems, they all are using these panels.

Do I gamble with another IPS 144hz or simply go with a TN panel?

Both overdrive settings are available for both my gpus. I'm using dp+freesync

What is the manufacturer date of your monitor?

Mine is September 2015.

Overdrive is not selectable when using DP and Freesync.

Menu is visible when outside of Windows.

Oh I'm sorry I have a different monitor than the acer. I was just mentioning it for reference because it should be able to be enabled

Any chance anyone's used this monitor with a an 480 to see if they get the 23-144 Hz range over HDMI 2.0?

Back