Acer XB271HU g-sync IPS still good buy?

amd7674

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm still rocking my 5yrs 32" LG IPS 1080P@75Hz TV (I know 32" at 1080P!!!! LOL). I got gtx1070 gpu last fall as last kick for my [email protected] system. Now I'm thinking about buying 144Hz monitor. I think my h/w (more in my sig) should be good enough to drive games at 1440k (BF1, FIFA16, Metro and 100s of older games on my steam list). My only worry is on giving up 5" estate. I don't want 4k as my hw is not good enough, thus I want to buy 1440k display.

Please advise

Thank you in advance :)

even the older XB270 remains a top dog among gaming monitors. ULMB and Gsync cover all the bases: when you do have the GPU muscle to drive higher refresh rates, ULMB reduces motion blur; and when you do not, Gsync removes tearing at lower refresh rates.
Its cousin the PG279Q it is just as good.

there is only one display above 27" 2560x1440 that has both ULMB and variable refresh rate, the 38UC99, but it is Freesync, only does 75Hz and costs more than twice the XB271HU.

There are plans for a 32" 2560x1440 VA with ULMB and gsync on sale this year, but do not miss the chance to grab a XB27* from those gamers who are migrating to the new Agon 35".

I only saw PG279Q and XB271HU once each, but from the two I saw, XB271HU is the better one. The IPS glow is less obvious on that panel.

If I were buying a monitor today, XB271HU would have been my pick, XB270HU and PG279Q falls short.

Thx guys...

Do you think my hw is adequate to take advantage of 1440k at 144hz?

Also does gsync > 5" of screen size I would be losing?

Thanks again

Yes, your hardware is definitely capable of taking advantage of 1440p @ 144hz.

Thank you, unless someone convinces me otherwise, I will be ordering one tomorrow.

Thanks again :)

Edit order placed... Thx guys

Last edited:
Cool, I think you will love it. I've had mine for over a year, it's the best monitor I've owned to date (and I've had several different Gsync ones.) Just be prepared for some IPS glow.

Cool, I think you will love it. I've had mine for over a year, it's the best monitor I've owned to date (and I've had several different Gsync ones.) Just be prepared for some IPS glow.

Thank you, I can't wait...

I own 3 ips monitors, including my current 32". So I should be OK with ips glow :p

Thank you, unless someone convinces me otherwise, I will be ordering one tomorrow.

Thanks again :)

Edit order placed... Thx guys

How much? Just picked one up today at Costco for $499 new. Sealed

I'm in the same boat, 32" 1080p IPS TV for years now, I want to go to 100Hz+ though, I considered the Acer XB271HU as well, but from my research those AU Optronics panels have QC issues, and I also kinda dont want to go down in size, so Im waiting for the new Samsung 32" 1440p 144Hz monitors that will be coming out this year.

I'm in the same boat, 32" 1080p IPS TV for years now, I want to go to 100Hz+ though, I considered the Acer XB271HU as well, but from my research those AU Optronics panels have QC issues, and I also kinda dont want to go down in size, so Im waiting for the new Samsung 32" 1440p 144Hz monitors that will be coming out this year.

I will beat it up, it is from costco with 90 days hassle free return policy. I'm very picky about PQ, so if it suffers from any QC issues it will go back. I'm afraid sammy 32" 1440p would be over my budget :-( Would that be VA panel?

I will beat it up, it is from costco with 90 days hassle free return policy. I'm very picky about PQ, so if it suffers from any QC issues it will go back. I'm afraid sammy 32" 1440p would be over my budget :-( Would that be VA panel?

I walked into my local Costco last month and they had this monitor for 599.99, although I did not come into Costco to buy a monitor I walked out with one. It is by far the best monitor I have ever owned.

Yes, the new samsungs are all VA panels with the new quantum dot backlighting tech, and Im not sure but I think they will support HDR as well. Pretty sure they will have no issues with IPS glow and backlight bleed (backlight bleed seems to be the major issue with the AU Optronic panels) and not sure about pixel response times, for sure they wont be as good as the XB271HU, but judging by Samsung C24FG70 that already came out, they dont seem to be too bad.

Yes, the new samsungs are all VA panels with the new quantum dot backlighting tech, and Im not sure but I think they will support HDR as well. Pretty sure they will have no issues with IPS glow and backlight bleed (backlight bleed seems to be the major issue with the AU Optronic panels) and not sure about pixel response times, for sure they wont be as good as the XB271HU, but judging by Samsung C24FG70 that already came out, they dont seem to be too bad.
Thanks for the info... Do you know when and price?... I'm guessing $1200usd...?

We don't know yet about date and price, but we do know its supposed to be this year.

Here's a demonstration of what the pixel response is like on the samsung c24fg70, likely the new ones will be the same. Looks like it's acceptable at 60Hz and 144Hz, but a bit bad around 100Hz

Last edited:
Need to play with it more. But good god this monitor is beautiful.

Back