Acer X243Wbd 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor $249.99

seems like a pretty good deal for a 24 incher so thanks for posting that. we have 5 locations here and only 1 store has it in stock so I will and try and get this first thing in the morning.

thanks for the post... I think these were 279 earlier in march. maybe if I wait a bit more... it'll go down more :D

NE has it for $290. Not for me, I'll continue to have my eye on the 22" @ $170 or less. 20" is $160, High-res 19" is $140, normal 19" is $130 but w/o free shipping like the rest.

NE has it for $290. Not for me, I'll continue to have my eye on the 22" @ $170 or less. 20" is $160, High-res 19" is $140, normal 19" is $130 but w/o free shipping like the rest.

Plenty of 22"'s at the egg for less than $170

better bring a copy of the internet price with you. I had to show it to the manager to get that price. also there was a red sticker on my box saying it can only be exchanged and not returned. I didnt even realize thats what it said until I got home with it.

better bring a copy of the internet price with you. I had to show it to the manager to get that price. also there was a red sticker on my box saying it can only be exchanged and not returned. I didnt even realize thats what it said until I got home with it.

That's good info. Hope you're happy with yours cd06

I have one of these. It's very average. The dynamic contrast is not very good, so assume it's 1000:1. A reasonable deal nonetheless.

I have one of these. It's very average. The dynamic contrast is not very good, so assume it's 1000:1. A reasonable deal nonetheless.
just about all TN stuff is crap. might as well just get something like this because 250 for a 24inch isnt bad.

just about all TN stuff is crap. might as well just get something like this because 250 for a 24inch isnt bad.

Some people are so spoiled. I remember gawking at LCDs wanting one because of the clarity and the contrast with respect to a CRT, years ago. Now, everyone complains about how horrific LCDs are. Posts like this remind me of "audiophiles" and food critics.

Find me a single non TN lcd for $250.
exactly my point

Some people are so spoiled. I remember gawking at LCDs wanting one because of the clarity and the contrast with respect to a CRT, years ago. Now, everyone complains about how horrific LCDs are. Posts like this remind me of "audiophiles" and food critics.
spoiled? wtf does that mean? I still have a crt and anyone that doesnt have their head shoved up their ass knows that TN panels have a lot of drawbacks. blacks suck, viewing angles suck, and it uses dithering to try and make up for its lack of real colors. theres a reason TN panels are cheap you know. :rolleyes:

I agree. Both of my panels are TN and they have been great. I use my monitors for multimedia and gaming. Most people bitch about viewing angles.. I don't see the point. My monitors are 3 feet from my face.

I agree. Both of my panels are TN and they have been great. I use my monitors for multimedia and gaming. Most people bitch about viewing angles.. I don't see the point. My monitors are 3 feet from my face.
sounds like you and Starcrossed are perfect for each other...:D

249 is a great price for a 24" TN panel. I recently got a 24" TN in the summer for 359

Also I think he means to say your too arrogant when you are so quick to bash the TN panels. Technology has slightly increased in the past few years and while earlier TN panels sucked major balls, the current panels are decent. I recently got a Benq G2400WD and it's black contrast is great, pretty wide viewing angles, and very good color reproduction after adjusting settings. And if the person is going for serious gaming, a TN panel is the way to go for its response times.

His spoiled comment probably comes from you bashing the TN panels coming from IPS/PVA panels, but not all of us can afford $600+ screen. And don't go quoting me and giving me a link to a slightly cheaper monitor, because you know what I mean.

I will say though, a good CRT will beat a TN panel any day.

249 is a great price for a 24" TN panel. I recently got a 24" TN in the summer for 359

Also I think he means to say your too arrogant when you are so quick to bash the TN panels. Technology has slightly increased in the past few years and while earlier TN panels sucked major balls, the current panels are decent. I recently got a Benq G2400WD and it's black contrast is great, pretty wide viewing angles, and very good color reproduction after adjusting settings. And if the person is going for serious gaming, a TN panel is the way to go for its response times.

His spoiled comment probably comes from you bashing the TN panels coming from IPS/PVA panels, but not all of us can afford $600+ screen. And don't go quoting me and giving me a link to a slightly cheaper monitor, because you know what I mean.

I will say though, a good CRT will beat a TN panel any day.
thats why I said just about all TN panels and not all. I wasnt being arrogant and I have never even seen a PVA or IPS panel in person. TBH all LCD panels have their drawbacks. the TNs are better for gaming but the nicer looking PVA panels tend to have input lag. all I was doing was stating my experience with trying out different monitors. I am on my 5th one in 2 weeks and to me they are horrible in so many respects compared to a good crt. hopefully this Acer 24inch will be okay since I am tired of returning or exchanging monitors.

I think the key to getting a decent TN panel is to find the proper color settings. Luckily for me when I got the G2400wd, there was a huge thread on it in this forum. Oh man its colors are great, you should think about it.

A great CRT is beautiful, but a properly adjusted panel on a ergotron monitor arm is my little slice of heaven in the corner of my room.

The egg usually has equivalent or better deals. Nice deal though :)
ecstatic.gif

The egg usually has equivalent or better deals. Nice deal though :)
ecstatic.gif
buying a monitor online is never a good idea for picky people like me. if I buy something locally and it has dead pixels or bad backlight bleeding then I can just exchange or return it.

well I just hooked it up and so far its pretty good. no dead pixels and no bad backlight bleeding at all. the colors look good to me right out of the box but I am far from an expert on color reproduction. the monitor sits quite low but it doesnt seem to be a problem. the colors and brightness dont seem to shift as bad when moving my head around as the last few monitors I have looked at. most web pages as well as text look nice and crisp.

Fallout 3 looks pretty darn nice at 1920! I gave it the old Doom 3 test and I was pretty impressed considering how bad most LCDs look in dark games. not as good as my CRT in dark areas but not too bad for a TN panel. theres always going to be a little black crush in dark scenes with any TN panel. I do get a little bit of banding in some rare scenes in games but again no worse than any other LCD with TN panel that I have looked at.

hopefully I wont run into any issues since this monitor seems to meets my needs for price, size and performance.

Thanks for the post. Have been waiting to upgrade and this is a pretty decent deal. Just snapped one up and with free next day delivery it will be here at my office tomorrow.

Write-offs FTW! :D

I'm fighting the urge to pick one of these up and see how it compares with my Soyo. I certainly like the bezel design better, and HDCP support is a plus as it allows me to avoid spending $70 on a VGA box for my PS3, but I suspect I'm kind of spoiled by the P-MVA panel in the Soyo by now.

I'm fighting the urge to pick one of these up and see how it compares with my Soyo. I certainly like the bezel design better, and HDCP support is a plus as it allows me to avoid spending $70 on a VGA box for my PS3, but I suspect I'm kind of spoiled by the P-MVA panel in the Soyo by now.
if you are used to a better panel then dont bother. I thought I liked this monitor but after a few hours I cant stand it. hardforum is probably the hardest site to look at on any lcd I have tried and this one just made my eyes water even more. the white or yellow test just looks like its glowing against the black background.

also the darn thing would not come out of sleep with out pushing the power button. I guess I will stick with this $169 22inch Acer that I have had for a week for now.

Meh, average at best. I picked up a couple of the 24" Soyo Topaz's awhile back, the MVA panels for $120 each. Granted, it was suppose to be for $240 each and OM screwed up in my case, but even $240 each was for a better product at a cheaper deal.

Tigerdirect has it for $270, no tax (outside of Illinois, North Carolina, Texas, and Florida), $2 shipping, and $20 cash back for using Paypal until 12/15.

Tigerdirect has it for $270, not tax, $2 shipping, and $20 cash back for using Paypal until 12/15.

Depending on tax in your state you may be better of getting it from Office Depot -- overnight shipping, and you can return it to the store if you don't like it. Also no restocking fee.

Depending on tax in your state you may be better of getting it from Office Depot -- overnight shipping, and you can return it to the store if you don't like it. Also no restocking fee.

Fixed it, I didn't realize they had that many retail stores. Just another option; cheaper for us in California. They have a 30 day return policy and no restocking fees too, and they do price matching so you may be able to get it cheaper than $270.

FWIW, I got an email this morning from Office Depot. FOUR days after my initial order, they decided to cancel it. Then went to the website and they jacked up the price to 329.

"We regret that, at time of order processing, we discovered that the items included in your order were not available for delivery. Those items have been cancelled, and you will not be charged."

I ordered it Wednesday, and it was supposed to have been delivered yesterday. I received nothing until this email this morning. Called the store and it appears they will honor the online deal, but since it is now $329... they can take their non-deal and shove it where warm, soft deals usually come from.

Back