Acer X223hbd 23" Widescreen LCD Monitor $139.98 @ Staples

djjones03

Weaksauce
Acer X223hbd 23" Widescreen LCD Monitor $139.98 @ Staples. Sale starts December 6th.

anyone have one? is it any good?... or should i hold out for the dell 24 inch when there on sale

The x223 and x233 aren't the same thing, and I was just looking for clarification.

My mistake. Looked to be the same, which is why I was so confused. Anyway, they look to be nearly identical. The specs are basically exactly the same, it's just the aesthetics are slightly different.

My mistake. Looked to be the same, which is why I was so confused. Anyway, they look to be nearly identical. The specs are basically exactly the same, it's just the aesthetics are slightly different.
I think the x223 is a 22", and the x233 is a 23". Changes the value picture if it's only the 22".

The X223hbd is listed as a 23" on staples.com.

Indeed it does. Even a quick google search yields that it is a 23". I looked up both monitors and compared specs, including height, width, and depth and they come up nearly identical.

very good deal, thank you. i wonder if i should try to stack a 30 off 150 coupon lol. so this is most definitely a 23", right?

yeah, i did see it, but someone was tellin me they saw it as 22". but yeah, google does show results from staples as 23" and i saw the link. seems like a great deal.
edit: the model number is a typo, it really is the x233 i believe also, you can use a 25 off 75 coupon, i used a 25 off 100 and got the monitor for 124. thanks again OP!

Last edited:
Where do you get the 25 off 75+ coupon ?
Is there any link to a printable version you could use for an in store purchase or is it just a code you can use with an online order ?

Here is the link on the coupon I used :

http://onlinecouponshop.com/

The 25.00 on 75.00 online code cost me 3.99 but it was worth it. Paid the amount
on Paypal and they sent the code immediately. Plug in the code and total
discounts on the monitor is 52.00. Total cost 126.53.

Hope this helps !!!

How is this the quality of this monitor? anyone know? I know I can't expect great things from it but last time I bit on what I thought was a great deal for a bargain monitor and I was disappointed. If anyone has any feedback post it up, thanks!

Get 25 off 75 for 1.49

http://www.e-junkie.com/staples-coupons

How is this the quality of this monitor? anyone know? I know I can't expect great things from it but last time I bit on what I thought was a great deal for a bargain monitor and I was disappointed. If anyone has any feedback post it up, thanks!
Get 25 off 75 for 1.49
http://www.e-junkie.com/staples-coupons
It is not a great tn panel compared to recent tn panels that cost more. At the same time compared to the average tn panels of 2 let alone 3+ years ago it is *censored* awesome.

It's a good price after the $25 off, but I'd like to see something with 1920x1200. :(

Last edited:
Wow .... just got this for $126.23 shipped after all the coupons. Smoking deal for a 23" LCD w/ hdmi

So there is no free coupon code that can be posted here for all of us to use or a news paper ad to cut it out of and take in store ?
The only way to get it is to pay a fee for it ?

WOW I do sound like a cheap SOB...Tis the season ...;)

In this thread, a guy talks about a $1.49 coupon you can get that gives you a code that takes an additional $25 dollars off online purchases of $75 dollars or more. It's a unique code that is generated that you can then use for any online purchase. The process is smooth and the code does work. $1.49 well spent.

Thanks SixFootDuo,
I just did not know how codes from those coupon sites work.
Thanks for the help, I'll have to try it sometime.

How different is 1920x1080 to 1920x1200? Alot of 23-24" monitors i see nowdays are only 1600x1080

Also, its out of stock online, do y'all think its possible to order the monitor by phone and do an instore pickup with the coupon?

*Edit, I see something on that online coupon shop where they have printable coupons.

Last edited:
How different is 1600x1080 to 1600x1200? Alot of 23-24" monitors i see nowdays are only 1600x1080

Also, its out of stock online, do y'all think its possible to order the monitor by phone and do an instore pickup with the coupon?

*Edit, I see something on that online coupone shop where they have printable coupons.

These are 1920x1080. They're quite similar to my X223W, height-wise, which is 1680x1050 but are wider.

Whoops, meant 1920x1080 to 1920x1200 *embarassed*
Well, in respect to your original question, the monitors are just 16:9 aspect ratio instead of 16:10. The 16:9 seems to be becoming the standard for computer LCD monitors.

1920x1080 is great. My main computer is technically an HTPC with a desk underneath and is awesome to use. This is a good deal.

Looks like X233Hbd has VGA/DVI-D, and X233Hbid has VGA/DVI-D/HDMI.

I am considering this monitor. It would be a hard choice if I went with eyefinity later on, but at that price I could always resell it or use it for something else. I would like to have hdmi though. I also wanted to know the details about the screen size, so I calculated everything:

23" 16:9
20.444" 1920
11.5" 1080

The bezel is 0.8" wide on each side, but angles off at the end.

Edit: out of stock again.

Last edited:
Great monitor, fiance picked it up yesterday for me. It is replacing a 7yr old NEC CRT (that still looks amazing) that I never felt like replacing but figured why not LCDs are getting pretty cheap these days.

I can confirm that instore the staples coupons work. I just printed a $25 off 100 and walked in to buy it. I got it for $120 after tax.

Good price, but no HDMI =/

Says it supports bluray devices.... They expect you to use a HDMI to DVI adaptor then?

BACK IN STOCK!

Got it for around $123.16 after tax and the $25 off coupon.

I grabbed one for $124 shipped after taxes with the $25 off coupon... thanks OP. It will match up very nicely with my X223W. I have been very happy with my Acer, so this will be a nice upgrade over the cheapy Sceptre I'm using for a 2nd monitor.

btw... I believe the listing is for an X233bhd, and that the X223bhd heading on Staples' website is in error.

Back