Acer Widescreen lcd 22" [referb] [gb] 200$ to 165$

badz24

[H]ard|Gawd
http://isqore.com/group_buys/details/63

its a new groupbuy website. if over 10 monitors are sold the price goes down to 165 + 15 shipping.

Im in for 2 myself, much better than getting 2 19 inch lcds like i was going to get

This is a Acer AL2216Wbd 22" LCD Monitor refurbished model with a 90-Day Warranty.

The Acer AL2216WBD 22" Widescreen LCD monitor offers a powerful display solution. A liquid crystal display with a wide viewing angle maintains colour fidelity and image clarity for better viewing satisfaction. This LCD monitor lets you share content with more people without having to crowd in front of the screen.

Quick Specs:

* 22" Widescreen LCD
* TFT active matrix
* 5ms response
* 700:1 contrast ratio
* 1680 x 1050 resolution
* Analog RGB, DVI-D (digital) inputs

update: the price is now 185 now that they have 5 people. 5 more and it will be 165

That's a sweet price if it works like new. I'm too scared to put down $200 though. Good luck.

OP, can you list any references for this group buy?

Can anybody confirm this is legit? I'm in for one if it is.

Looks too good to be true, 0 rep seller, pretty skimpy site. Otherwise I would totally drop 200 for a 22inch lcd

EDIT: that same pduch seller is selling EVERYTHING on that site, like 200 dollar Wii's HDTVS, etc....

on a side note, i think this site is going to be really big. Its a great idea, and so far it has a really nice layout. Plus its free.

OK... Seeing as I got a 22" westy on black friday... and the GF didn't get one... count me in for one here.

Wow, this is a killer deal. Sounds too good to be true. For this price i dont care if i get 3 dead pixels. Why isn't anymore people jumping on this deal?

Im about to pull the trigger but amd still hesitant.

Won't let me in.... :(

Just got a 19" LCD for XMas from my girl though, so I don't mind too much.

-bZj

Sorry guys, I snagged the last spot. I've already sent payment to him - I'll let you know how it goes.

Wish me luck!

I also just put in payment. I sure hope it is legit. I am unable to loose this kind of money.

I pray it works out..

Payment sent also... *crosses fingers*

I'm never one for being a guinea pig for a new outfit... but hey.

Hey guys,

Got pointed to this thread and I just wanted to add my two cents.

First I wanted to thank everyone that took a chance on isqore and jumped in on the groupbuy. Like badz24 mention, I think this thing could be huge but will obviously go no where if there's no hot deals to be found. So that's why I decided to sell things myself, it was never my intention but I was sort of forced into it.

Like I mentioned on my own forum, that I signed up with a popular drop shipping company called doba.com. It is the only drop shipping company that is ebay certified and for the most part has pretty good standing with the ebay community.

I included a screenshot of Doba's wholesale price, and as you can see I'm making about $10 a monitor after all the fees are paid.

doba_monitor.jpg

I really do hope things go smoothly, because this is the first time I've used doba myself. But if things go bad, I'll refund your guys money.

I also wanted to point you that you guys can become proactive about creating and doing groupbuys. I created a feature called Buying Parties, it's where people signup and express interest in buying certain products. Right now it probably works best on the local end, like sporting events where they offer group discounts but when things get bigger I see it working for pretty much anything.

Imagine a Buying Party of 1,000 people interested in 42" 1080 HDTV. When big corporations and whole sellers see that, you bet they'll offer a smoking deal.

awww i soo woulda did this had i not missed it.. i got $200 for christmas.. and i got a 19 wide Acer lcd monitor for christmas as well, but i really wanted a 22 inch for my racing games etc...

Can you get some more peeps included??

So, how about giving us another shot at that Acer monitor for the rest of us? Sounds like a great way to build up support.. :)

Well the quantity says 15 only in stock, I sold 12 just to be safe. If there's still some left at the end I can try to get you one, but I don't want to screw people over if they run out by then.

But if Doba does a restock, then i'll definitely start another one.

pduch_isqore said:
Well the quantity says 15 only in stock, I sold 12 just to be safe. If there's still some left at the end I can try to get you one, but I don't want to screw people over if they run out by then.

But if Doba does a restock, then i'll definitely start another one.

Hey pduch_isqore,

How do you make a profit from all this?

on clubsi he was saying that people will pay for premium groupbuys.

There's about a $10 profit for reach monitor at $165, which isn't a lot but when selling 12 that's $120. That's the whole premise of isqore, you make less profit per unit but will make up for it in volume.

As per making money off isqore itself, that's not going to be for awhile considering that listings are free. There is an option for a Premium groupbuy with a 1.5% fee which gives you priority listing, but considering the site is so new, no one in their right mind would do that.

This way of buying just makes too much sense to not work. Just need to get the news out, so if you have any contacts or know of a company that is a good candidate to start groupbuys, then please PM me or email pduch [at] isqore (dot) com.

This sounds like a great thing pduch_isqore, I'll be sure to buy/check it out after I see how things turn out here. Good luck to making it big. :)

Will keep an eye on this, hope they do a restock I would absolutely love a 22" WS :)

btb103 said:
Will keep an eye on this, hope they do a restock I would absolutely love a 22" WS :)
Indeed, I've been craving one ever since that first Costco deal for 330. I'm just overly careful with my money though. :(

What are the hot items in the PC aftermarket world? I'm a Mac guy so I'm a bit out of touch.

Going to see if I can get some sellers to setup a groupbuy for those items.

Well, a large group of people (myself included) come here to build computer gaming systems. If you look at the forums, the video card section is always one of the most populated. The majority of people would be extremely interested in deals on $200-$400 video cards, and particularly the x1900 series, 7900 series, and 8800 series video cards.

Most of us in the hot deals section are in the performance-within-budget-constraints category, and don't mind paying for performance as long as we're getting a good deal. This means bigger-ticket items like large HDTV's are still going to move, if they are a decent deal.

You would also probably find a decent market for higher-end consumer electronics equipment, such as relatively high-end audio, photo, and video equipment. For instance, I'm looking to find a deal on a Panasonic FZ-30 digital camera... that's not the sort of thing an average Joe would pick up at a Best Buy even with a good deal, but deals on things like this are gems to the "discerning enthusiasts" on these forums.

There are definitely price brackets that people watch for. A point-and-shoot digital camera for under $100, a decent 19" monitor for under $200, etc. One of the cool things about these types of forums that will help you figure out what people are most interested in is the right side column which shows the number of views a thread has, and the number of replies. As you can see, a 22" widescreen for $180 shipped perks up quite a few ears :)

It's great of you to post on here and let us know what's up - it's very nice getting to know the merchants, builds confidence, and shows excellent customer service. Your site seems to have a solid concept, and if all goes well you should have a hit on your hands. The biggest way to grow the business is to find deals and get them listed. So, I would get my hands on as many suppliers as possible, and start finding deals. You might contact the owners of various deal sites like slickdeals, bensbargains, etc., as they could probably be a valuable resource to you.

I hope this post has helped... keep up the progress, and we'll keep supporting your business with our dollars.

I read the post over at your blog. Doesn't sound like things worked out this time at all.

I just wanted to let you know that I'd certainly consider something like this for the future as well.

Showing support!

Regards!

Thanks for the support guys! I'm in the process of redoing isqore to where I think we can get to the point that manufacturers will have to take notice. Not some shady wholesaler/supplier company who are flakes.

The new version will sort of take a detour from the original idea but it will eventually get there. I actually think the reworked idea is a lot better than the original. I'll keep you posted on isqore v2.0, follow the blog (stuffandeverythingelse.com) because I'm going to take isqore offline (after the monitors are shipped) while I work on it. Expect something in 2-4 weeks.

I would get one if they have some back in stock. I tried their trial membership and a lot of doba.com's prices are acctually jacked up from retail. Premium Xbox 360's for $405? I'd reather run to my BB and get one for $399.99+tax. and forget $405 once shipping comes into play.

Yeah doba.com doesn't have the greatest prices on the hottest stuff like the 360, Zune, ipod accessories, cameras etc. Its' really the refurbished stuff that you can find a hot deal.

Indignity said:
I read the post over at your blog. Doesn't sound like things worked out this time at all.

I just wanted to let you know that I'd certainly consider something like this for the future as well.

Showing support!

Regards!

Hmm, I just read your blog as well, and I'm sorry things didn't go as planned with this group buy. I'd like to know if I will be receiving this monitor - please let me know.

The first 5 orders went through, and it says that it takes 2-3 business days to receive the tracking number. The orders were placed on the 26, so hopefully the latest is tomorrow.

It's quite possible that someone saw this thread on here and signed up to doba and ordered the rest of the stock, I don't really know.

Back